Hydaelyn Role-Players
Jackal & Hide [EU] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Jackal & Hide [EU] (/showthread.php?tid=9895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Rosamund - 04-05-2015

(04-05-2015, 06:18 AM)Kilid Wrote: Ifrit's possible, we've been more busy that ever these past suns.  It's been a titanic challenge, but there's been whorl to whorl RP, some of it thorny, some of it striking, and some of it filled with levinty.  It's been a long road to 'march down, but in the end it's worth it.  We don't like leaving our members shiva-ing out in the cold.

Gah, not the puns! I'm actually just jealous my pun-fu pales in comparison to Kilid's... Blush

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Platinum Mountain - 04-07-2015

Good day, RPC!

Myes, as the rumours have spoken, our beloved leaders have indeed sail into the lovely  (by that, i mean horrible) harbour of Love! May their bond be eternal and Blossom for another!

And indeed we have sawed'th the end of our first Story-Arc for the Company! But fear noth, we has much more to come and planning. Much fighting and investigating and thieving (did i say thieving? i ofcourse mean't commandeering!) in the future!

And thus we conclude our report! Mayhaps you all have fun out there in the lands of Eorzea, wherever you be!

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Rosamund - 04-10-2015

I seem to have forgotten to post the written report on the closing event for our first company story arc, so without further ado:

Show Content

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Kilid/Torhe - 04-19-2015

Jackal & Hide would like to take a moment to bring you this public service announcement:

[youtube]mhjvtxtq5wc[/youtube]

Twelve, it's been a while since we've done a more in-depth write-up here!  Why?  Well, I'm glad you asked.

We have a house!  It's taken forever, but J&H came together as one, dedicated time and effort and gil (A huge thanks to Inarah for many a sleepless night crafting all of our accessories and armour for SBing!), and Anelia Sadowyn was wonderful enough to sell us their plot in the Mists!  We're working on turning that into something similar to our original vision for Jackal and Hide now, as I type this.

Screenshots will be dropped here somewhere once we're done with that!

What else?  Well, a huge welcome to Bert and Jino, our recent muscle and healer, respectively!  Expect to see the pair of them popping up in J&H stories in the near future!

Did I say stories?  I did!  We've begun our next overarching plotline that will provide a subtle thread that ties all the coming events in together!  A writeup of that first event is forthcoming, and will be shared here as soon as it's ready.  Promise!

Screenshots courtesy of Inarah

Show Content

Is there more?  Of course.  Last night was the Sunny Seaside Bar #5, and as ever it was a great night, full of fun, frolics and fish!  Congratulations to Rythiel Rothmoore for taking home the first place prize, may your Something Nice™ serve you well in the coming suns.

Steps towards the Sunny Seaside Bar #6 have already been taken, and news of that will be made available in the coming week or so, once we've spoken with a few folks, in game and out.

Show Content

For now, that's all there is to report on, here.  Thanks for reading folks, and if you decide you want in with The Jackal's story, if you feel you genuinely want to leap into a crackpot community of puns, parties, and plots, if you look at these posts and think that you could add something meaningful, then we'd love to hear from you!  Take a peek here: http://jh-rp.enjin.com/recruitment

Hmm... I've been sat here for a good twenty minutes pondering a way to close this.  Something deep, or something funny, or just something poignant.

Watch a fight with giant demon Samurai, instead:

[youtube]c-bCGOthQ5k[/youtube]

Peace out, folks!

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Rosamund - 04-19-2015

I got nothing intelligent to add here, just YAY WE GOT A HOUSE! As Kilid says, thanks so, sooo much to Anelia Sadowyn for selling her house to us! Massive thanks as well to everyone in J&H for their hard work in saving up the millions of gil needed for this. We're still furnishing the place up but hope to be inviting visitors over soon!

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Rosamund - 04-21-2015

As previously mentioned, we started our next company plotline and I have the first event's written report for your enjoyment:

Show Content

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Kilid/Torhe - 04-23-2015

[youtube]zhAmug6Ts6o[/youtube]

Is it that time again?  I think it is that time again, yes!  It's time for a quick summary of what J&H have been up to since our last update.

Sunday:  J&H tagged along with the Kindred guided tour of Upper La Noscea!  I say tagged along, we provided security, given that it was pretty much in our back yard, and two of the company grew up not far north of the region being expolored.

It was fun, educational, and ended up in the hot springs during a thunderstorm.  Trés pretty!

Show Content

Monday:  Company gathering in the Missing Member, just east of the Aftcastle.  Pretty quiet, aside from the near-brawl between a Lalafell and a Highlander.  Throwing salt into someones face makes them angry.  Who knew?  An announcement was made that we'd just purchased a property in the Mists from an old pirate sailor who ran a small salvage operation.  We're going to be continuing that salvage operation, and absolutely nothing else will happen behind the scenes there.  Nothing.

(No screenshots from this end, sorreh!  If someone wants to chime in with their own screenies below, they're more than welcome!)

Tuesday:  A small event following up on some leads from the current plottings developed by the leadership.  Murder, mystery, and a possible haunting ensued!

(Again, no screenshots!  I've failed you all ;_; I was too busy DMing, sorry.

[Image: dungeons-dragons-4.jpg]

Although, again, if someone wants to post some below, I'd be pretty thankful!)

Wednesday: Jackal & Hide officially left the old shack behind!  The Chocobo's were loaded up with heavy items, the staff were loaded up with heavy items, and some external help in the form of Rhen was loaded up with heavy items!

Thankfully, it was a short journey with only a small (large) amount of really steep stairwells.  Good thing that rain stopped and the sun came out to really bake anyone who was unfortunate enough to be outside lifting boxes, eh?

Show Content

Thursday: Some of us are going to be NPCing for the MercWork contract tonight!

Friday: ... Possibly a day off?  We've been doing things every night since Saturday, Friday is possibly going to be a night off *Tentative nod* PvE will likely happen.  That, or it'll be the night we start contacting people about performing for the next Sunny Seaside Bar.  If you're looking to perform, and you've contacted us before, we'll probably be reaching out to you ICly then.

Saturday: The EU now has its own grindstone-esque event!  We'll be there for the inaugural shedding of blood, of course.

Is that it?  I think that's it.  If that's not it, there'll just have to be more posts.  We're hovering around a good number of active players right now, but we're always keeping our eyes peeled for more roleplayers that fit the bill!  Remember folks, you don't have to be experienced, just willing to learn, and participate!

Peace out!

[youtube]gBzJGckMYO4[/youtube]

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Rosamund - 04-24-2015

(04-23-2015, 05:32 AM)Kilid Wrote: Monday: Company gathering in the Missing Member, just east of the Aftcastle.

(No screenshots from this end, sorreh!  If someone wants to chime in with their own screenies below, they're more than welcome!)

Ask and ye shall...

Show Content

(04-23-2015, 05:32 AM)Kilid Wrote: Tuesday: A small event following up on some leads from the current plottings developed by the leadership.

(Again, no screenshots!  I've failed you all ;_; I was too busy DMing, sorry.

Receive!

Show Content

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Merai the Vixen - 04-27-2015

Hello J&H members!

Interested in having a couple of roleplays with you fine upstanding *cough giggle snort* Ahem....citizens. Would love to see if you like my roleplay style, and if I fit in with your Free Company. 

If we get along, perhaps I could then apply to join!

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Kilid/Torhe - 04-27-2015

We'll keep our collective eyes out for you, and see what we can do!

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Platinum Mountain - 04-30-2015

Good day, RPC and happy holidays!

As our beloved Guildleaders have said little while ago, we indeed now have, after months of hard work, established a base of operations (insert a song from C&C here)
It's not a Manor, but it's all lovely and cozy regardless! (I told them to buy Manor but they didn't listen!)
And we already have our first plot involving the house! (does anyone know the number of Ghostbusters? No? Okay.)

Aside from all that, We are anxiously waiting for the oncoming Heavensward! Dragons! Guns! Big Swords! Cards! Spears! Snow! More Guns! More Snow! More Dragons and more everything! It is going to be a -hot- Summer, literally! Very much looking forward to see you all there!

And for finish touch!  (And no, we do not have armored tanks...not yet, atleast)

[youtube]sWWfOHw4KHw[/youtube]

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Rosamund - 05-01-2015

Next installment of our reports on the company plotline is below!

Show Content

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Kilid/Torhe - 05-05-2015

By the Twelve, it's been a while since a sizable update bomb was dropped on you all.  So you know what?

[youtube]_J6-3l3hCm0[/youtube]

Thank you Tychus.  Yes, it is.

There's been... rather a lot happening since that last update.  And I'm the lucky soul that gets to tell you all about it!  Plump up those cushions and get comfy folks, this could take a while!

*Looks at checklist of things that need to be written about*
*Cries*

Saturday:  Firstly, many thanks (again) to Inarah for the recent write up of the story event that took place wa~~y back then!  More creepy Fel things above our pay grade, and more RP!  We like RP in J&H.  Thanks to those that took part, both in the company and those unintentional souls without who got caught up in it!  We'll be progressing it again this coming Saturday.

A~~~nd!  The Anchorage!  The Anchorage happened!  It kicked arse in a much more EU-friendly time zone, so a big ol' thank you to the Kindred, and Rythiel in particular, for putting that gig together and providing an enjoyable night of violence and bloodshed for all.  Hoping to perform a little better, next time, personally >_>

Show Content

Monday:  What else?  Monday is our weekly catch up in the Missing Member!  A quiet night of relaxed RP amongst friends, that's open to all comers (Hint, hint.)  As ever, it was a great night, thanks Jackals!

Show Content

Wednesday:  Wednesday night is the company PvE night, so naturally, we went forth and conquered.  I *think* everyone in the company has a class/job at 50 now, so the next night should let us tackle more turns.  Looking forward to that.

Friday:  Our very own Xiv hosted a small, quiet-ish beach party down on, funnily enough, the nearby beach.  Apple bobbing, pin the tail on the Couerl, eating and drinking filled the night, and in the end a good time was had by all! Big Grin Thank you, Xiv!  Rather looking forward to see what you come up with next.

Bert and myself tried a spot of interior redecoration afterwards, to rid ourselves of a painting that'd had delivered the week prior.  The painting won, and still sits there.

(It's about this point that I switched to a newer version of ReShade, so if the screenshots look a little... 'off', that'd be why.  Still tweaking the settings, even now, sorry folks!)

Show Content

Saturday:  The beginning of a very busy weekend.  Another plot event hosted by yours truly to further our current storyline was had in the afternoon, uncovering bodies and subjecting ourselves to yet more rather unpleasant magic:

Show Content

Before Thya, Inarah and myself ran off to witness the Eternal Bonding of Garrison and Yoo:

Show Content

THEN!  It was the Sunny Seaside Bar, and I think this may have been the largest bar yet!  Thank you to everyone who turned up, and that you to everyone who took part in the entertainment and made it a great night for absolutely everyone who turned up.  We had a blast here in J&H, and hope all of you did, too.

Show Content

It was also this night that we welcomed Romimo, a Lalafell we met by chance during the guided tour of Upper La Noscea, Miir, the partner-in-crime of Thya, and Hetha (Myra's alt) into our ranks, so a huge welcome to you all!  May your stay here lead to early insanity, so that the prolonged exposure hurts less!

Sunday:  Sunday morning and afternoon was spent, mostly, preparing for the announcement of the Tri-Wizards Cup! the Wine and Dine festival, along with the Kindred and Aeon!  That was exciting to announce, and many thanks to the leaders of both for their hard work and effort in this, too!  Much Heart.

We also welcomed another two minions members into the fold!  Busy weekend, indeed.  Another huge welcome to Cassandra and Ludivine!  Looking forward to working with you both soon.

Finally, there was the FC Summit!  It was a great opportunity to learn a little more about some of the fellow FCs that make up this wonderful realm! Thanks for organising that one, Erik.

Monday:  Eeyup.  Got it in one.  Missing Member bar night!  We... have a think for bars, and drinking, IC.  I see (... I see, I see!) nothing that could go wrong with that, when combined with illicit activities, weapons and magic.

Show Content

And that's that, folks!  I promise not to leave you waiting on an update this long again.  Mostly for my benefit, leaving it a week leaves a lot to cover!

Peace out,

Kilid

[youtube]wcW_Ygs6hm0[/youtube]

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Rosamund - 05-11-2015

One of our main goals here at J&H has been to ensure everyone gets to enjoy and fully participate in our RP. That's why, after our latest influx of new members (welcome again to Miir, Romimo, Cassandra and Ludivine!), we've decided to restrict recruitment for the time being. We're only considering applications from people who have already RPed with us and proven themselves to be a good fit with the rest of our crew.

Now, on to the news. We had our usual Missing Member meetup on Monday, PVE shenanigans on Wednesday and a snowman building party hosted by Xiv on Friday but the main event was our company plotline on Saturday (written report coming Soonâ„¢). The mysterious painting haunting the Jackals has finally been destroyed!

Show Content
This week we have the Missing Member as usual will be attending the Kindred's housewarming party tonight and no Sunny Seaside Bar! Instead, J&H are working together with Aeon and the Kindred to host the Wine and Dine Festival on 16 May. We look forward to seeing you all there!

RE: Jackal & Hide [EU] - Rosamund - 05-12-2015

I got these done sooner than I anticipated so without further ado, the latest written reports of our company plotline:

Show Content