Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for Free Company (IC) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for Free Company (IC) (/showthread.php?tid=9963)

Looking for Free Company (IC) - Ludger - 02-04-2015

Sigh...once again, I'm feeling nervous. But after experiencing my first run through the Sastasha dungeon (incomplete because of DC lol), I decided that Tank is not for me. I selfishly pick up Tank class because I want to catch up to everyone's level quickly and be able to use the entire continent for my RP experience. I heard rumors about how terrible the waiting time is for DPS on Duty Finder. The best way to get through it is join a Free Company. And...now, I'm stuck here, wondering what Free Company I should join. I have no idea how to search for it.

I'm been having too much fun RPing XD that I focus on RPing instead of leveling. Now, it came to the point where I do need to focus on leveling but then I wonder if it's possible to combine leveling with RPing? I would love the idea of joining the Free Company in character and also, I could use help out of character in case I get stuck on the game mechanics. There's still much I have to learn like how to get a chocobo for a starters. (Just found out I have to be Lv. 30 Cry)

This is a brief description of my character. I'm still learning how to make a complete bio lol.

Ludger Aurion is the son of a lower noble family that serves under the House of Fortemps. While House of Fortemps has more liberal view, his family only seeks glory. To that reason, the family feels that Ludger will bring dishonor to the family with his physical aliment of being deaf. He's not fully deaf but hard of hearing. While he's not able to hear as well as normal people can, he's able to communicate well by able to read lips. However despite all that, the family held a bias belief that deaf or any disabled person is mentally incapable. There's also a strong belief that any imperfection is a sin to the Holy See, so the family hide him (to protect their reputation) and keep him from the world except military training academy. This action make him naive and innocent as he has no idea of the social norms. Tired of being hidden and repressing his (homosexual) feelings, he decided to take the first step and left everything he knows.

That's not the full version but that's the gist of it lol. I'm sucker for a romance RP and my character is an eager one for a companion. I'll be upfront and say I don't mind eRP as long as it's plot driven of course. I'm not going to be a quick fling XD. So, hopefully, anyone here can give me the right direction to help me find the right Free Company.

RE: Looking for LGBT Free Company (IC and OOC) - Coatleque - 02-04-2015

A little confused as to whether you are looking for an IC company or an OOC company that is tolerant to this theme.

In-character, you'll find most companies don't really care, so that should help. Out-of-Character I would point you to Unity which is advertised as a safe place for such views.

RE: Looking for LGBT Free Company (IC and OOC) - Titor - 02-04-2015

I think on Balmung it might actually be hard to find a FC that is not accepting. I have not seen or heard of anyone who had major issues with their lifestyles here.

RE: Looking for Free Company (IC) - Ludger - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 06:30 PM)Coatleque Wrote: A little confused as to whether you are looking for an IC company or an OOC company that is tolerant to this theme.

In-character, you'll find most companies don't really care, so that should help.  Out-of-Character I would point you to Unity which is advertised as a safe place for such views.

Sorry about the confusion. I mean IC company that would help my character's theme. But at the same time, I could use OOC help on the game in case I get confused such as how to focus on end game or such. I'm not sure what Free Company would fit because I usually want to know the character first. The IC friends I made seemed to have their Free Company with closed recruitment. I hoping to find one that can help me through Duty Finder and such.

RE: Looking for Free Company (IC) - Faye - 02-04-2015

Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.