The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set)

Freelance Wizard for Summit Speaker?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Freelance Wizard for Summit Speaker?

• Yay
    • Nay

MODERATOR NOTE:

At the request of the original poster, a topic addressing possible issues with this event and others of its kind has been created here to avoid clutter. Please only continue to use this topic if you are confirming your attendance or have a direct question(s) in relation to certain aspects of this event.

[align=center]The Summit of Free Companies

palpatine.jpg

*Sorry, couldn't help myself after all the drama.[/align]

The goal of this Summit is to bring together active Free Companies of Balmung to meet, interact, story plan, settle issues, and foster cooperation with other FCs for larger activities (raids, airship building, exc). As the FCs and housing areas took hold, our once mixed server has begun to retreat into itself. More and more rp is being done and planned by FCs only and restricted often times to the housing areas. This Summit will seek to change all that. This is an effort to bring the server together, so help me do that.

Update Regarding a Speaker -

I logged into here this morning to post this little tidbit. I have been seeking a Speaker, someone who will use parliamentary rules to ensure a smooth event. This is a very delicate spot, it is hard to find someone both respected, well known, and who no one could question their fairness. Someone who is familiar with parliamentary rules that I would not have to teach. I have talked with a few people and the only person I found to fit the needs who was willing to take the responsibility was Freelance Wizard. I will add to this topic a poll, in short an up or down vote for this nominee. Should he be voted down I will find another. Speakers I should say will be impartial and will not be allowed to be a part of their FCs delegation during the event. So... be sure to vote. The poll will be opened until Sunday March 22nd.

[align=center]Information[/align]

Event: The Summit of Free Companies

Date: Sunday, May 3, 2015

Time: 3pm Eastern

Location: The Headquarters (Night Blades), Plot 6, 5 Ward, The Lavender Beds (Large)

Speaker: L'yhta Mahre

Archivist: Nailah Quill

Photographer: Y'uraq Tia

Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/sivrisia

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[align=center]List of Attending Delegations

Be sure to post who you will be sending to represent your FC. The limit is two for each FC.[/align]

Night Blades

Armi Alliando

Plus +1

Free Wing Society

Lilithium Rinannis

Locke Rinannis

Dark Embers

Claire Brea

Lin Celistine

Black Sun Vanguard

Ischyros Estalia

Ardent Ghost

Harbingers of Dawn

Val Nunh

Plus +1

Phoenix Rose

Vaughn Antain

Jaques Guillaume

Mysterium

deMontalia

Plus +1

The Red Wings

Erik Mynhier

Nako'li Chalahko

Jackal & Hide

J'kilid Tia

J'inarah Marad

Tylwyth Narah

L'kenthi Rarahn

Plus 1

XI:7

Garryson Shipkeeper

Aireiel Shipkeeper

Blackjack & Hookers (Tentatively)

The Kindred

Nailah Quill

Shroudwolf Clan

Kiht Jakkya

Jutat De

Tayn

Plus 1

The Dauntless

TBA

Dragon Army

Sami Rykara

Plus 1

Tribal Relations

K'washi Amada

Plus 1

Gilded Rose

TBA

Gil Production Co

Isla Sahb

Tonberry Trading Troupe

Ereshkigal Atropos

W'Sano Bajihri

Lunae Candentia

Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa

Crystalline

Eva Zelorius

Alex Windfist

Order of Stormguard

Kylin Felstar

Keru Lowry

The Midnight Pearl

Ezhara Jinkjahl

The Hand of Fate

Narcisseoix Valliere

Jullienaux Sintierre

Radical Dreamers

Gen Quickpaw

Tikka Swift

Chocobo's Wing

Percival Turner

Reclaimers

Evaleigh De'loncre

Pyralis Targaryen

Platinum Vanguard

Piaras Wolfwood

Plus +1

F.A.T.E.

Zarek Windsoul

Plus +1

Zero Division

Titor Jaraba

Plus +1

Eagle and Quill

Xavarian Mystrife

League of Hunters

U'quih Tia

Plus +1

Morbolvine Clan

Miah Polaali

Plus +1

Bird!

Clement Janvier

Rudra's Storm

Domri Blackblade

Hustings & Hyaline

Kaniku Kuni

Plus +1

The Wandering Tonberry Trading Co.

Flynt Knoltros

Ritsu Knoltros

Arcadeus

Anelia Sadowyn

Heart of Coeurl

C'sien Zoth

Plus +1

Seven Skies

Amh Nelhah

Sylvissa Valestrider

Unsung Heroes

Kyra Tsukino

Plus +1

Bastion of the Twelve

Nesi Greene

R'tali Vexal

Loveless

Nebula Stardancer

Plus +1

Trident

Stalwart Mountain

Aanzo Dinzo

The Grim Echo

X'havir Vahl

Plus +1

Ein Sof

Eligor Abigor

Plus +1

Wayward Star

Saefinn Liljasson

Cassandria Everfree

Would this forum not be a better organizational tool for such a venture? To put so many people into one room in game invites massive levels of chat scroll, fcs not being able to represent themselves due to time constraints, not to mention dialogue box limitations and hindered formatting to express ones thoughts and ideas.

On the forum you can take time to clearly and effectively present your thoughts, make bullet points of your ideas, and easier respond to things that have already been stated. Plus the forum maintains a recorded, written log for all to see. Just my two cents.

Would this forum not be a better organizational tool for such a venture? To put so many people into one room in game invites massive levels of chat scroll, fcs not being able to represent themselves due to time constraints, not to mention dialogue box limitations and hindered formatting to express ones thoughts and ideas.

On the forum you can take time to clearly and effectively present your thoughts, make bullet points of your ideas, and easier respond to things that have already been stated. Plus the forum maintains a recorded, written log for all to see. Just my two cents.

I second this notion.

Dark Embers has a long host of events and RL issues often interrupt 'planned' events if they hit too hard, making a single-event representation somewhat precarious for us.

I understand that it is quicker to have a single night meeting in which many FC's can converse, but given scheduling conflicts, this may not be as feasible.

That said, if a location/date/time is selected, we'll do what we can to attend.

1. I need good dates and times. If we want all the major players involved in this we need to set a good time for all.

2. Due to the chance of it being derailed by trolls. A FC will be chosen here to host the summit. The hosting FC must have a manor so the numbers I expect will be able to fit. Once we are all in the house, the owner can "lock" the door to keep trolls out so we can focus on the business at hand.

3. If we get even a quarter of the active FCs, we are talking numbers. So each FC's delegation will consist of the FC Leader and one guest, or if the Leader cannot come, then two representatives from the Company may come.

4. This is an ooc meeting. We cannot talk about issues if we are tripping on our characters.

5. A Speaker of the Floor must be chosen here before the meeting to act as referee and to alot time to each FC Rep.

That's all I have so far. Please if you have any thoughts please share them. This is a bare bones post, but I promise to clean it up later.

It might be a good idea to start out with any RP FCs joining, not just well known ones. The Summit could be a really good way for smaller FCs to get their foot in the door and meet some of the other FCs around the server to plan inter FC events. Limiting it to the people who have their feet on the ground may cause those struggling to make a name for themselves to retreat back into not roleplaying out in the open. Some people have a really hard time recruiting on Balmung and often give up a week in when the fruits of their labor are unrewarded. (Or so I am noticing.) 

That being said, not sure if we fit the well known category, but I think the leader of Black Sun Vanguard would be interested in this, and as Co-Leader I know I am. I can be online whenever (I may just have baby aggro, but I'll manage.), but Ischyros would only be able to attend on Thursdays or Fridays. 

We don't have a house yet due to the lack of houses for sale (have money, no house, QQ), so please forgive us for skipping out on hosting. Also for fear of baby aggro, I will not be volunteering us for speaker, either. d: But we would love to attend.

Ischyros Estalia and Ardent Ghost would be attending for Black Sun Vanguard. If Ischyros can not attend, Reilan Orycia will attend as my plus one.

EDIT: If we decide a date that is in the future enough, Ischyros can request it off from work to attend.

As stated there will be a Speaker, a sort of ringmaster for the circus as it were. Each Rep will be allowed to speak, while they have the floor, others will remain respectful and quiet.

Many people =/= chaos

Not if we are respectful.

1. I need good dates and times. If we want all the major players involved in this we need to set a good time for all.

2. Due to the chance of it being derailed by trolls. A FC will be chosen here to host the summit. The hosting FC must have a manor so the numbers I expect will be able to fit. Once we are all in the house, the owner can "lock" the door to keep trolls out so we can focus on the business at hand.

3. If we get even a quarter of the active FCs, we are talking numbers. So each FC's delegation will consist of the FC Leader and one guest, or if the Leader cannot come, then two representatives from the Company may come.

4. This is an ooc meeting. We cannot talk about issues if we are tripping on our characters.

5. A Speaker of the Floor must be chosen here before the meeting to act as referee and to alot time to each FC Rep.

That's all I have so far. Please if you have any thoughts please share them. This is a bare bones post, but I promise to clean it up later.

It might be a good idea to start out with any RP FCs joining, not just well known ones. The Summit could be a really good way for smaller FCs to get their foot in the door and meet some of the other FCs around the server to plan inter FC events. Limiting it to the people who have their feet on the ground may cause those struggling to make a name for themselves to retreat back into not roleplaying out in the open. Some people have a really hard time recruiting on Balmung and often give up a week in when the fruits of their labor are unrewarded. (Or so I am noticing.) 

That being said, not sure if we fit the well known category, but I think the leader of Black Sun Vanguard would be interested in this, and as Co-Leader I know I am. I can be online whenever (I may just have baby aggro, but I'll manage.), but Ischyros would only be able to attend on Thursdays or Fridays. 

We don't have a house yet due to the lack of houses for sale (have money, no house, QQ), so please forgive us for skipping out on hosting. Also for fear of baby aggro, I will not be volunteering us for speaker, either. d: But we would love to attend.

Ischyros Estalia and Ardent Ghost would be attending for Black Sun Vanguard. If Ischyros can not attend, Reilan Orycia will attend as my plus one.

EDIT: If we decide a date that is in the future enough, Ischyros can request it off from work to attend.

You are correct. As stated, it was a quick post that will be cleaned at a later time. What I meant was this. There are FCs that have two members, or no members that are meant as a prop, or inactive ones, as well as notorious ones.

As has been pointed out there will be many, so some may just not need to be there. I have nothing against small fcs, I operate a small one. But a line must be drawn somewhere or the numbers will be to great. So a single member FC used to keep invites away won't be needed as this is meant to be an organized meet and greet among FC leaders, of companies that have a known positive presence on the server.

You and your's are welcomed here.

You are correct. As stated, it was a quick post that will be cleaned at a later time. What I meant was this. There are FCs that have two members, or no members that are meant as a prop, or inactive ones, as well as notorious ones.

As has been pointed out there will be many, so some may just not need to be there. I have nothing against small fcs, I operate a small one. But a line must be drawn somewhere or the numbers will be to great. So a single member FC used to keep invites away won't be needed as this is meant to be an organized meet and greet among FC leaders, of companies that have a known positive presence on the server.

Alrighty, just wanted to be sure because the initial 'well known' FCs threw me a bit. I completely understand now, thank you for clarifying. c:

Alrighty, just wanted to be sure because the initial 'well known' FCs threw me a bit. I completely understand now, thank you for clarifying. c:

Of course. And I edited the post you quoted in case you did not see. Your FC is of course most welcomed.

As stated there will be a Speaker, a sort of ringmaster for the circus as it were. Each Rep will be allowed to speak, while they have the floor, others will remain respectful and quiet.

Many people =/= chaos

Not if we are respectful.

Ah... so you did. Sorry for not more thoroughly reading the post.

Having read this, and discussed it with Inarah, we'd like to put Jackal & Hide down for this.  It looks like it could be a useful gathering, and maybe bring some more LS' out of their housing-based shells.

We're EU-based though (GMT) so it really does depend on the day, and the time.

Having read this, and discussed it with Inarah, we'd like to put Jackal & Hide down for this.  It looks like it could be a useful gathering, and maybe bring some more LS' out of their housing-based shells.

That is the goal. We cannot have a vibrant RP world if everyone hides in the Housing District. This way we can really get some brainstorming, and the interaction going. I will add you, right away.

That is the goal. We cannot have a vibrant RP world if everyone hides in the Housing District. This way we can really get some brainstorming, and the interaction going. I will add you, right away.

Awesome stuff!  Attending on J&H's behalf will be:

Myself (J'kilid Tia)

J'inarah Marad

Tylwyth Narah will try to attend, time permitting. Any day of the week after about 8:00 or 9:00 PM Pacific will work for us. I'll supply a delegate list after the time is locked down.

As I pointed out in the interest post, we're going to be coming as representatives of the RP linkshell, not the RP FC: About half of our membership remain in their existing free companies rather than joining our FC.

Awesome stuff!  Attending on J&H's behalf will be:

Myself (J'kilid Tia)

J'inarah Marad

Understood.

Tylwyth Narah will try to attend, time permitting. Any day of the week after about 8:00 or 9:00 PM Pacific will work for us. I'll supply a delegate list after the time is locked down.

As I pointed out in the interest post, we're going to be coming as representatives of the RP linkshell, not the RP FC: About half of our membership remain in their existing free companies rather than joining our FC.

As you wish.

I will come on the behalf of The Kindred (KinRP). We are EU based. In terms of time, my schedule is going to be a lot more flexible in 2 weeks time since the temporary job I have will be over by then. In terms of day, Saturday or Sunday works best for me, Wednesdays will never work. Time-wise, something around 21-22 GMT would be ideal if not sooner.