[SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2

Kage

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major spoilers so it doesn't hurt to have an additional tag to protect people from stumbling across them by mistake:

The Sultana's wine is poisoned and she dies whilst alone in her room with the Warrior of Light.

Raubahn loses an arm in a fight against Ilberd.

The bulk of the Crystal Braves/Brass Blades are corrupt and side with the Monetarists.

The Scions are framed and forced to flee though only the Warrior of Light, Tataru and Alphinaud make it out.

The 'main' Scions stay behind to fight though it's left up in the air as to whether or not they die.

Minfilia is contacted by Hydaelyn and stays behind as well.

The guy from Little Ala Mhigo - Wilred - is murdered after stumbling across the treachery within the Crystal Braves.

I would love people who:

Have not leveled CUL to do so after 2.55 MSQ and then tell me what the last few quests are like.

Have not leveled a level 50 PLD to tell me what Jenlyns says at the end.

Have not leveled a level 50 DRG to tell me what Eistenifuhoauifhasfsfuckhisname says.

Jenlyns doesn't know. It's being covered up. That ought to mean most if not all roleplayers won't be in the know either, for now.

jZzNBmm.png

According to Swift certain groups in the Flames however may know.

I'm looking at you, special flames RPers, wherever you might be.

Maybe. But these are authority figures a.k.a high-ranking officers in the Flames speaking with the Main Character a.k.a. Warrior of Light.

No one ever tells the grunts jack SHIT.

Jenlyns doesn't know. It's being covered up. That ought to mean most if not all roleplayers won't be in the know either, for now.

jZzNBmm.png

Maybe. But this is authority figures and high-ranking officers in the Flames speaking with the Main Character a.k.a. Warrior of Light.

The guy who was blamed at the time lol.

Considering he's willing to talk to you, it's not to say there are certain other Flames services who will know. Swift isn't -that- high up considering he and Marshal Tarupin aren't either High Flame Commanders or Grand Marshals. It's gone through several chains anyhow. If the group takes care of intelligence, I see this as in the alley.

Not saying everyone can run around with it, but it's not a -complete- secret from everyone. As it is, the status quo is unchanged. But minds may run wild.

jZzNBmm.png

Maybe. But this is authority figures and high-ranking officers in the Flames speaking with the Main Character a.k.a. Warrior of Light.

The guy who was blamed at the time lol.

Considering he's willing to talk to you, it's not to say there are certain other Flames services who will know. Swift isn't -that- high up considering he and Marshal Tarupin aren't either High Flame Commanders or Grand Marshals. It's gone through several chains anyhow. If the group takes care of intelligence, I see this as in the alley.

Not saying everyone can run around with it, but it's not a -complete- secret from everyone. As it is, the status quo is unchanged. But minds may run wild.

Probably. Flame RPers will probably have to decide on a case-by-case basis whether they / their GC FCs are in the know or not. I'm just afraid that EVERYONE will be "we know, we know!" despite the various Ul'dahn branches keeping it hush hush as possible.

Especially when said Flame roleplayers can turn around and tell non-military personnel PCs.

*runs off to discuss this with the fc to figure out how to deal with this*

So, do the Sultansworn know about the situation, or are they being kept in the dark just as much as the rest considering Jenlyn's new dialogue? At the very least, I would assume that folks like Papashan would be in the know.

From Warren, no idea where he got it from:

Jenlyns: After everything that has happened, you ask me this? You should know full well that the Monetarists are a faction within the Syndicate─the organization which wields greater influence than the sultana herself.

Jenlyns: Their grip on power has never been stronger, now that General Raubahn has been confined to the Marasaja Pit for his crimes at the royal banquet.

Jenlyns: I fear that until the sultana recovers from her illness, Lord Lolorito and his minions will face little opposition. Yet it may be some time before that comes to pass. Her condition is so serious that even I have been denied an audience...

Papashan: Even in these dark times, you think to pay this old man a visit... You are kind, my lord. Very kind indeed.

Papashan: But never you fear! Her Grace is alive and well, I am certain of it. That the incident has not been made public is proof positive of this.

Papashan: ...Or so I try to convince myself. I...I could not carry on otherwise...

As I said, the knowledge isn't the thing that really gets me but if anyone truly acts on it in public. Welp. >.>

Though this isn't discussion for the roleplay aspects.

This seems like a good copout to not have to destroy a lot of the old stuff (CUL quests) that involve Nanamo in side quests. keeping it on the down low to avoid civil unrest makes sense.

The greater threat is Dragons I guess? I'm not sure I'm particularly happy with that. For the WoL, I can see this as the end of an era (the stuff with the Crystal Braves, Nanamo, AND THE DRAGONS), but for the rest of the political world it's just dragons.

Unless Merylwb and Kan-E-senna know too.

So, do the Sultansworn know about the situation, or are they being kept in the dark just as much as the rest considering Jenlyn's new dialogue? At the very least, I would assume that folks like Papashan would be in the know.

I'm guessing in the dark. The monetarists do have a hold in the Sworn and with Raubahn imprisoned (I'm guessing a certain evil alalfell's death) and Papashan not in the light from the dialogue... well they have an easier time getting a foothold. The Flames truly do look like they will come out better.

I think Raubahn's adopted lalafell son is still in the Flames? or so?

Either way, it's not as if the Sultansworn have not gone through a power shift before. Rulers have been displaced in the past. Of course there will be upheaval among the officers, but at the end of the day there is a new boss.

My beef with Square Enix is that these supposed elite royal guards seem to be completely worthless at their jobs.

Well yeah I was going to make it not completely a spoiler but yeah. I hear it's more of "why the fuck you bring me here" type of reaction but I don't know yet.

OH OH OH

So.

One of Raubahn's swords! Anyone else think perhaps Raubahn may go way of DRK now with the loss of his arm? That cursed sword or so. The fact that they found inspiration for FFXIV's DRK from Berserk is amusing. >.>;

I'm not the biggest fan of how Nanamo went out. To see her horror and anguish as she choked to death was certainly jarring and I do applaud how that scene was animated. But... the whole 'poisoning a leader to get rid of them' bit is SO old. I was like, "Come on, SE. Come oooooooooooooon..." And then as it dawned on me that our character would get blamed for it, I just started rolling my eyes so hard I thought they'd pop out of my head.

I cheered when Raubahn killed Teledji. He deserves to rot in hell (the seven hells?), fucking Lalafell trash. Even if he wasn't the worst of the plotting going, death looked good on him. Bastard.

I found it really hard to take the scenes that followed seriously. Raubahn and Ilberd's animu-esque fight, our character's just sitting there the ENTIRE time not explaining themselves and just letting everything happen, the blatant mustache twirling of MORE damned evil Lalafell. Geez. Stop the crazy coaster. I wanted off.

We'll have to wait until 3.0 to see who did and didn't really die... But I'm the most upset about Yda. SHE PUNCHED BULLETS IN 1.0. WHY WOULD YOU KILL OFF A WOMAN WHO CAN PUNCH BULLETS?! (Also, is it sad that I found Y'shtola's "limit break" to be more interesting than her possible death? Since Yda's was the standard Final Heaven, I'm wondering if Y'shtola's was something akin to a possible MEGA Holy LB3 for WHMs? I'm probably getting ahead of myself.)

Out of all the characters we have to stick with through the expansion, it's Alphinaud. Whyyyyyy... *face in hands*

Also slightly peeved that seeing Yugiri's face was just "oh, my mask got lost, lol". Where is my snippet of Au Ra lore?!

Well yeah I was going to make it not completely a spoiler but yeah. I hear it's more of "why the fuck you bring me here" type of reaction but I don't know yet.

OH OH OH

So.

One of Raubahn's swords! Anyone else think perhaps Raubahn may go way of DRK now with the loss of his arm? That cursed sword or so. The fact that they found inspiration for FFXIV's DRK from Berserk is amusing. >.>;

Plausible but he has to get out the cage first

Also inb4 Y'shtola's super attack launches her tnto the events of dissidia

Theorycrafting time, courtesy of this post on Reddit:

My theory is... nobody important died. That includes all the scions, and even Nanamo.

Nanamo was tipped off to the plot by Alianne or Momodil. She somehow either had the antidote handy, or swapped out the goblet's contents when the handmaiden left to summon you.

Why would she do this? This was the only way she could make Lolorito/Teledji's plots come to light and swing the balance of the city away from the Merchant class. You can't just make a equal society by saying "everyone is equal" you have to even it out, how better to even it out than have them exposed as traitors.

Reasoning for this thought? Other than the fact that they can't kill off Nanamo without her having at least 1 heroic moment (plot armor). Nobody checks to see if she is dead in the cutscene, also they don't show the body, even when they could have shown it to Raubahn to inflict more wounds. Not only that Ilberd says he saw the body... when he's clearly paid off. I'm pretty sure she escaped through her fireplace (that they made sure to point out at a later point in the cutscenes was in her chambers). As to where she is now... she is either being protected by Pipin or is actually hiding in plain site as Pipin in a Zelda/Shiek way.

As for the scions... once again they never showed the bodies. Minfilia being told something by Crystal Lady pretty much shows nobody is dying. She had no reason to turn around and run back towards the rubble of the cave-in.

Also the only real loss... is Raubahn's arm... which happens to be the achievement name. (And where Nanamo sits).

I personally consider her not dead and possibly in hiding until I see an actual body. This is more of an end-of-season cliffhanger than anything else.

It certainly would be a nice change of pace to see Nanamo actually outsmarting her enemies for once.