The Festival of the Hunt: June 3rd @ 8:00pm EST

How often would you like to see the Festival of the Hunt?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How often would you like to see the Festival of the Hunt?

• Monthly!
    • Bi-Monthly!
    • Quarterly!

Hey All! Apologies for the SUUPER late reply, real life has been making me pretend to be an adult for the last few days LOL. I just wanted to give a giant thanks to everyone who came out and say that I am very very humbled by all the thanks and kind words. We had a genuine blast meeting other hunt focused RPers and groups, and huge shout out to Gold and Glory for coming, entering and providing some AMAZING screen shots. We're workshopping quite a few aspects of the Festival before the next one, possibly to make it more similar to it's Final Fantasy 9 iteration. So, thanks again to everyone who came out, and keep hunting!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flynt you can sign Sounsyy Mirke up for reserve again since she doesn't have a team! (Or if you need monster riders I've got all the mounts.)

Hey Sounsyy! Hunters can enter solo for this one if you want to do that! We still have openings for monsters, but if you want to hunt more you are welcome to, this one will run much more akin to the Festival of the Hunt per FFIX.

Flynt you can sign Sounsyy Mirke up for reserve again since she doesn't have a team! (Or if you need monster riders I've got all the mounts.)

Hey Sounsyy! Hunters can enter solo for this one if you want to do that! We still have openings for monsters, but if you want to hunt more you are welcome to, this one will run much more akin to the Festival of the Hunt per FFIX.

Well as a diehard fan of FFIX, I can't say no. Notorious Monster Hunter Sounsyy it is!

[align=center](Below is a quick cheat sheet I made for the rules of the event for hunters to consult before or even during. Don't worry, week 4 post is still coming!)[/align]

[align=center]Festival Of The HuntCheat Sheet:[/align]

[align=center]The Festival will be from 8pm EST to 12am EST. It will consist of three 1-hour rounds, with 20 minute breaks in between. Each hunter will attempt to accrue the most points possible within the time limit, the hunter with the most points (without dropping to 0HP) will be chosen as the winner of the Festival. [/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center]Combat is handled ina very similar manner as the Grindstone and Runestone: [/align]

[align=center]Turn order, /random for attack versus /random defense back and forth between combatants.[/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center]Hunters can enter alone, or in teams of two or three (no larger). The player or team that lands the killing blow gets credit for the kill.[/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center]Monsters are worth:[/align]

[align=center]B Class Monsters - 2points[/align]

[align=center]B Class Monsters canonly be engaged by a maximum of 3 hunters.[/align]

[align=center]A Class Monsters - 4points[/align]

[align=center]A Class Monsters canonly be engaged by a maximum of 4 hunters.[/align]

[align=center]S Class Monsters - 6points[/align]

[align=center]S Class Monsters canonly be engaged by a maximum of 5 hunters.[/align]

[align=center]Elite Class Monsters- 10 points[/align]

[align=center]Elite Class Monsterscan only be engaged by a maximum of 6 hunters.[/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center]Fleeing can only be done on the Hunter’s turn, and requires a roll above 300 to successfully escape.[/align]

[align=center]Hunts: The Gifts That Keep On Giving

IT'S THE LAST WEEK BEFORE THE FESTIVAL, WE SHALL TOO LONG NOT READ NOTHING! CHECK OUT THESE SWEET PRIZES!!!

Week 4 Teaser Information: Hunts - The Gifts That Keep On Giving

What’s the point of killing all these crazy monsters if you don’t walk away with something to show for it? Well, do we have a treat for you!!! There are six prizes for the five highest scoring Hunters, this means if a three person team has the highest score at the end (And have not been knocked out) will get first pick of the six total prizes. What’s left will then go to the next highest team or hunter. So, what are these prizes you ask!? One for me…

ZU FOR YOU!!!

600x400http://xivdb.com/screenshots/item/14083/ee0f002f5b3dd22b9bd179169cbeb6de.png[/img]

That’s right. Zu mounts. Not one,or two but THREE of these airborne assailants. The Wandering Tonberry has stepped up their monster capturing game for this Festival, and channeled our inner Ash Ketchum. But wait, there’s more!

300x300http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/attachment.php?aid=599[/img]

Do you want some character art,because this is how you get character art people! RPC Artisan Tailero (whose art thread can be found HERE) has been awesome enough to offer up a single character portrait. Already have a Zu? Maybe you really love you? Well, choosing this prize is the thing to do!

(OKAY, OKAY, I’LL STOP)

... But we still have two more prizes!

250,000 Gil

Yup. Sweet, sweet cash. Our last two prizes are beautiful in their simplicity. Money talks, and this prize says, “Spend me!” Which, well, is something money commonly says. There is two, 250,000 gil prizes for those who are all Zu-ed and art-ed up! The Festival of the Hunt 2.0 is only a few days away, so if you want in on some of this sweet prize action, leave a message in the thread before slots are all filled up!

[/align]

Have some pics where the fesivities are going to be held!

Here we have the Berries breaking in the furniture and trying out the alcohol for tomorrow (hopefully there is alcohol left...)

ZgNrh67.jpg

=========================================================

Apparently Griffins like to party too!

gEWutZh.jpg

Have a stage where we breakdance! (No breaking involved, Raik)

9a1gFje.jpg

Aaaand no lodge is complete without a spot to drink!

gqHO19o.jpg

Tentative sign up as a 2-3 man team, The Bloodhawks. Should my teammates not make it, I sign up solo as Seiko Mamushi.

Team Bloodhawks is added!

Well, after long and boring headaches trying to get FC members to make a team, if inscription are still up, I'd like to sign in Simeon Sibaruse, as a Solo hunter. Open to find anyone to make a team with though.

Simeon Sibaruse is added as well!

So... I just now realized. I can actually attend this event tomorrow.

Sign me up as a solo hunter, because I'm bringing Elise Wolfe in for this one.

Last but not least, Elise Wolfe is added to the roster!

If a few of you solo hunters would like to team up/make a group, feel free to coordinate before and let me know. As long as you tell me who is on your team and the team name before the hunt starts, you all can team up Avengers style. But like, without all the space demons.

[align=center]WE ARE TWO HOURS OUT.[/align]

[align=center]THIS IS HOW EXCITED I AM...[/align]

[align=center]All joking aside we are less than two hours away from some serious hunterating. We've also got a few last minute withdrawals, which means if you were hoping to hop in and win some cool prizes and stab some serious monsterage. THE TIME IS NOW. Sign ups will he open till just before the event begins, so if you want in, hit me up in game or on here![/align]

[align=center]600x400http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2234450/83162409.jpg[/img][/align]

Congrats to our winners!

Behemoth Hearts!

2nd place - Bloodly Laughter

and 3rd place Captain Sounsyy Mirke

*Rog will be by with pics!*

A big THANK YOU to Gilded Rose for putting on quite the performance at the first intermission and a shout out to Yuki for doing a

second one for us!

Want to see more like that?! Check out their tavern night very Tuesday @ 7pm est (Mist ward 8 plot 7) good times to be had!!

Also special thank you to all our monsters! You all did wonderfully!

And last but not least our hunters! Without you it would not have been possible.

Let us know any thoughts you may have on it. We are looking at doing it seasonally!