What future game releases are you most looking forward to?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mass Effect Andromeda.

And it's soooo far away. ; ;

I'm renowned for my general raging hate-on for sci-fi things. There are a notable few exceptions (Firefly, Deep Space Nine - enough operatics can get me past my distaste for giant black ocean vacuums), and Mass Effect is the greatest of all my exceptions. I adore it to pieces. Not even 3 could ruin this series for me, and I need more of it. In my veins. Right now. I should play through them all again. Except then I'd never be in XIV.

Fire Emblem Fates - Can't go wrong with FE games. Always loved them since FE7 made it here.

For Honor - While I'm sceptical this game will actually be as awesome as it looks, and I hope it is, I'm still really excited for the idea of a skill based sword combat game.

Star Wars Battlefront - I loved the Battlefront game back on PS2 despite my general dislike of shooters, so here's hoping?

FF Explorers - Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, be the second coming of Crystal Chronicles. I'd do anythign for a remake of the first CC game.

Monster Hunter X - MonHun. 'Nuff Said.

Dark Souls III - Glad to see From moving back to Dark Souls. I'm a bigger fan of fantasy settings than the Gothic look that Bloodborne had (though I still enjoyed it), so DkSIII is a big one for me.

...are about all I can think of right now. I'm sure I'm missing at least one.

Monster Hunter X.

Fallout 4.

Fire Emblem Fates.

LBX.

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Dark Souls 3.

And I would say Etrian Odyssey: Lost Story 2, but that came out yesterday.

And dammit I want a remake of FFV or VI, not VII. They did III and IV and shouldn't have stopped. Bah.

Streetfighter5

uhhhh........

Maybe Rising thunder?

no, not maybe.

it is actually quite good right now, imo.

Haven't given it a shot because it is pc exclusive currently, ya?

I would look forward to a Dark Souls if they announced of releasing a difficulty setting on it.

Can't really agree with this, but I understand

Dragon Quest Heroes and Dragon Quest XI PS4. My favorite JRPG series, and I'm still salty about not getting X or the 3DS remake of VII.

Persona 5.

Street Fighter V.

POKKEN.

Tales of Zestiria and, albeit much later, Tales of Berseria.

World of Final Fantasy, FFXV, and FFXII HD - each of these are more exciting to me than FF7 Remake's announcement.

Also really looking forward to the remaining chapters of the Odd Gentlemen's KING'S QUEST reboot.

Mighty No. 9, because it's the closest thing to a new Mega Man we're probably going to get for a very long time.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - see above, but replace "Mega Man" with "Castlevania."

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, and Trails of Cold Steel. Mmm, Falcom JRPG goodness.

Upcoming "Ys" game for PS4 and Vita.

Tokyo Xanadu.

MARIO MAKER.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

Fire Emblem x SMT, and Fire Emblem Fates despite the latter continuing with the stupid waifus system.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot, but.. basically everything! Heh.

Dragon Quest Heroes and Dragon Quest XI PS4. My favorite JRPG series, and I'm still salty about not getting X or the 3DS remake of VII.

Persona 5.

Street Fighter V.

POKKEN.

Tales of Zestiria and, albeit much later, Tales of Berseria.

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, and Trails of Cold Steel. Mmm, Falcom JRPG goodness.

Upcoming "Ys" game for PS4 and Vita.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

I like all of these.

But how could I forget the bolded. TRAILS OF COLD STEEL THIS FALL AHRUHUGHGHHJJJKLLLLLL

It really is, but since it's a technical alpha not all the bits and pieces work yet. E.G. : I play Dauntless almost exclusively, and normally I'd have a loadout to fight against my two worst matchups (Talos - Grappler and Chel - Shoto) but since the game's missing quite a bit, I've nothing for these two.

It really is, but since it's a technical alpha not all the bits and pieces work yet. E.G. : I play Dauntless almost exclusively, and normally I'd have a loadout to fight against my two worst matchups (Talos - Grappler and Chel - Shoto) but since the game's missing quite a bit, I've nothing for these two.

Ah, I see. Dauntless looks solid, but he seems mixup dependent I'm interested in Playing Crow, or Vlad.

Crow looks nutty And that's how I like my movesets.

I guess they are kinda lame and obvious choices, but quick list:

Zelda Wii U...which had better still be for WiiU when it comes out since I bought one for the damn game specifically...

Final Fantasy XV, I am just a FF fan in general, and I enjoy all male casts....I honestly think the unique design and aesthetic for this game just really make it feel different from the last few titles.  I suppose it remains to be seen whether or not it has a very compelling story, but from the newest trailer...there is something there that if they really captured with the rest of the story, I will be captivated by.

Fire Emblem Fates, I am hoping that they release the special edition with all content to the US, I want to get married to my man!

Kingdom Hearts 3, which if Nomura would focus on for about 5 seconds, would have been finished ages ago probably, but seeing as he is offered and undertakes every job under the Sun, oh well, I am getting it soon now.

FFVII Remake...I want to say I am only genuinely excited by the prospect of this game...but with Nomura coming back to direct, I know better.  He is unafraid to do whatever he wants with stories and games, which is fine and all as an artist (I understand), but there are some thing that are sacred to the gaming community and this is one of them.  Let's just hope that it isn't so changed that we can't recognize it anymore.

So I'm the only one massively into MMORPGs to the exclusion of most other genres, eh?

Hah, just kidding, I'm not THAT into them. More of a coincidence than anything.

My list includes:

XCOM 2 - Self-explanatory. This game looks aces. SOOOO GOOOOD. Can't wait to customize my own battalion of freedom fighters.

Dark Souls 3 - Unlike so many others, I have put in well over 400 hours into Dark Souls 2 and enjoyed... not all of it, but most of it, and I especially enjoyed the DLC which are a true return to form for the series. I have a feeling that the third entry is going to easily be the best yet.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - It's cyberpunk, it's a shooter-RPG hybrid, it's Deus Ex. What more do you need? On top of all the emphasis on actual player choice and consequences, the game just looks positively gorgeous to behold. I'm going to be staring at these cyberpunk environments a whole helluva lot, I feel.

Blade & Soul - Been waiting for this game for nigh-on a decade now. Couldn't wait, then just cracked and started playing the Chinese and then subsequently the Japanese version of the game. Despite the horrible foreigner latency, due in large part to some really wonky netcode, I am absolutely in love with the game and just want to spend more time in that crazy over-the-top wuxia-inspired fantasy universe.

Dragon's Dogma Online - Yes, there is no English version announced. I don't care. I'm actually currently playing the game in the closed beta test and it is GLORIOUS. It is, in fact, easily the best online gaming I have ever - EVER - experienced in my whole bloody life. It is well worth the trouble of dealing with the language barriers and minor foreigner latency (which is only present in multiplayer sessions and nonexistent when playing solo).

Just between these five games, pretty much all of my free time for the next year and a half is accounted for. Anything else that releases in-between that manages to capture my interest is just gravy.

Have some random screenies from DDO:

m606t18.jpg

53tv5gw.jpg

0nheljr.jpg

Dragon's Dogma Online - Yes, there is no English version announced. I don't care. I'm actually currently playing the game in the closed beta test and it is GLORIOUS. It is, in fact, easily the best online gaming I have ever - EVER - experienced in my whole bloody life. It is well worth the trouble of dealing with the language barriers and minor foreigner latency (which is only present in multiplayer sessions and nonexistent when playing solo).

Just between these five games, pretty much all of my free time for the next year and a half is accounted for. Anything else that releases in-between that manages to capture my interest is just gravy.

Have some random screenies from DDO:

m606t18.jpg

53tv5gw.jpg

0nheljr.jpg

Never heard of the game before this, but now my interest is certainly piqued!

• 3 months later...

Dragon's Dogma Online - Yes, there is no English version announced.

These publishers should really start crowdfunding localisations. I'm sure it's not that simple, but for games like Dragon's Dogma Online, I'm sure there's enough demand outside of bleepin Japan. It's just sad that they seem to dump it in the "more trouble than it's worth" bin.

Sorry for the quick rant. As a Dragon's Dogma fan, I am le disappoint

:tonberry:

Since DDO is out of the question, the only game release I'm looking forward to is Dark Souls 3. Been a fan since Demons' Souls.

Bloodborne - Old Hunters DLC

Ima buy the fuck outta that. Was going to buy fallout 4 but I keep hearing that without mods fallout is trash so I'm probably not going to get it. Doesn't help I've never played a Fallout game before either so I'd be throwing $60 away on a gamble.

Oh well.