The Official "I Have Nothing to Do, Entertain Me" Thread

[Mod Note]

Due to an overabundance of topics of this nature, this thread will serve for any and all such occasions. Bored at work? Stuck at an airport? Nothing better to do than to chat, but can't or won't use the RPC Chat feature? Use this thread!

[/Mod Note]

-------------------------------------

To sit here and not do anything while at work.

My father was in the Hospital over the weekend (nothing serious, out now)

But on account of I wasn't planning on working today because of that, my schedule is completely clear.

So, what's everyone else doing today?

How was your weekend?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm (im)patiently awaiting my birthday Friday to resub and get back on FFXIV (unexpected med cost last month ate up what I'd set aside for my sub), I spent today fixing up my Second Life character:

21788348438_8832221692_n.jpg

Aside from that, I spent the day watching "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" on Netflix, re-reading "Star Wars Imperial Commando: 501st" (got about 1/3 through it) and looking at different online stores for something to get my nephew for his birthday next month.

Second Life, I didn't even know that existed.

Looks pretty cool!

On the other hand, I'm ashamed to admit I've never watched Star Wars.

Nor Star Trek for that matter, or Stargate, or Lord of The Rings, or Harry Potter

or The Hobbit......

Pathetic I know.....

Second Life, I didn't even know that existed.

Looks pretty cool!

On the other hand, I'm ashamed to admit I've never watched Star Wars.

Nor Star Trek for that matter, or Stargate, or Lord of The Rings, or Harry Potter

or The Hobbit......

Pathetic I know.....

Second Life is fun, but it can be pretty weird if you end up in some places.  And while a lot of things cost money that is bought with real life money, there are a TON of places with high-quality freebies if you look around a bit.  Pretty much anything you may like exists there, be it general themes (fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, etc.), specific franchises or just "stuff".  I like running around the various fantasy and steampunk sims and seeing what other people have created.  

And don't feel bad for not having seen those things.  Two of my closest friends haven't seen most of them either.  Sure, I love Star Wars, but I'm not going to force someone to sit through it.

I wish I did.  Just finished up here, and I'm now headed to a doctor's appointment.  Hopefully I'll be able to play tonight.  Thankfully, I start vacation on Monday to coincide with my wife's fall break.

Vacations are good! Since me and my father run our business we don't really get vacations as much as we get days off.

Meaning on days that we are a bit slower I can peace out whenever I want, or at the most I can take off on a Friday, be gone over the weekend into Monday and back to work at Tuesday.

Which actually works out great for me.

I'm baking gluten free cookies and taking them to my bf's.

>_>

Exciting.

I'm lame as hell.

I cam give you a crazy easy gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. Takes 4 ingredients and done in less than 10 minutes!

And it does north taste like gluten free at all

I'm baking gluten free cookies and taking them to my bf's.

>_>

Exciting.

I'm lame as hell.

I cam give you a crazy easy gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. Takes 4 ingredients and done in less than 10 minutes!

And it does north taste like gluten free at all

I wouldn't mind this at all!

I can't bake though. No seriously, I'm awful. I made cookies with the consistency of cornbread yay.

1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 large egg, half a cup of chocolate chips.

Mix em all all together and grease a cookie sheet, rollthe dough into little balls and lightly squish them to the pan. Bake at 350 for about 8-12 minutes and presto! They are so good!

Keep on mind that since you are not working with really dough, the cookies will not rise so whatever size you make them, they stay that size.

Go out just now to take my break and run to a Walgreens when I find out my battery has gone poof.  Can't really call Onstar because we open in an hour and given where I work (FAARRR OUT IN TEH STICKS) it will take them the grand total of an hour to find somebody to give me a jump.  So waiting for one of my managers to come back and see if she can't help me get some leads and give my car a boost so I can actually leave this place today hee :P

Anyone else ever get stranded at their job?

Well that sucks!

Being stranded from going to work is one thing, but this? What cruel fate did the gods bestow upon you?!

The fact that my damn battery is wanting to not last until Friday when I get paid and me wanting to make the damn thing last until Friday when I get paid.  xD

Well that sucks!

Being stranded from going to work is one thing, but this? What cruel fate did the gods bestow upon you?!

The fact that my damn battery is wanting to not last until Friday when I get paid and me wanting to make the damn thing last until Friday when I get paid.  xD

I believe if you remove the battery terminal cables from the battery itself when it's not in use, you can get more reliable service from a dying battery.

I don't know if that works or not, never had to try it myself.

I finally bought that new computer I've been wanting and spent the weekend setting it up and downloading games from my Steam library as well as various MMOs. I can run FFXIV on it at max settings with little to frame rate drops!:D

Oh nice! I have a shiny new pc as well, able to run all the Skyrim ends no problems whatsoever. I plan to one day get those and the xpack for the pc, bit rigjt now my ps4 is handling the job nicely.

Although I donate mouse/keyboard. I don't know how people play the game with just the controller.

Well that sucks!

I believe if you remove the battery terminal cables from the battery itself when it's not in use, you can get more reliable service from a dying battery.

I don't know if that works or not, never had to try it myself.

Huh.  The problem with that is my battery is in the trunk of the car and I don't want to even consider messing with it in there @_@  I remember when I first bought it going 'wth why?'

Go out just now to take my break and run to a Walgreens when I find out my battery has gone poof.  Can't really call Onstar because we open in an hour and given where I work (FAARRR OUT IN TEH STICKS) it will take them the grand total of an hour to find somebody to give me a jump.  So waiting for one of my managers to come back and see if she can't help me get some leads and give my car a boost so I can actually leave this place today hee :P

Anyone else ever get stranded at their job?

Last winter I had a spree of shitty days. On the way to work one morning my car slid on the ice, went off the road, smashed through a fence and into a tree so the next day I had to get a new car. Well I bought my brother's old car (he's a marine in Japan and has little use for it) and he failed to mention to me his gas meter wasn't working. So the next day on the way back from work I ran out of gas just outside of work. It was like -10 that week as a high. I got lucky because one of the guys I worked with traveled down the same road and helped me get gas, but still in Colorado at winter I had maybe an hour to an hour in a half before the sun went down and it was already -10 outside.

When I was younger, I got stranded at work a couple times.

...in the sense that as a non-driving teenager in a town with crappy buses, I was completely reliant on my parents to pick me up and drop me off at work if anything went wrong with taking the bus. (Like it just not showing up/ showing up late/me missing it). At about 4 miles (~6.4 KM), the walk was erm....a bit long.

Fast forward in time a few years and I still don't drive, but I can walk to work in under 30 minutes with my current job!

I don't drive because with all my medications I feel it wouldn't be any different than driving under the influence of alcohol, and we didn't have public transportation where I used to live, so I was quite frequently stranded at my jobs.  To make matters worse, my jobs were never within reasonable walking distance of where I lived either, so walking home wasn't an option. 

Fortunately, if push came to shove, I usually only had to wait an extra hour or two to get a ride home from a coworker or my boss after they clocked out.  Worst case scenario, I just had to walk about an hour to a friend's house for a ride or to crash on their couch.  

But most of the places I worked were pretty cool and my coworkers and bosses were usually great, so I was never all that upset about being stranded.