THE WRESTLING THREAD OOOH YEAH

I'm legitimately surprised, given the reports that he'd been cleared from three other non-WWE doctors. I haven't watched RAW yet, though. Did he go into any actual detail or was it just a tearful goodbye segment?

Essentially, he went and passed the impact exam of the UFC, and they pretty much confirmed that since he's exceptionally smart, his brain was making connections to overcome the already impacted areas allowing him to pass the regular impact tests easily, hiding the long-term effects that are sure to happen with the sheer amount of concussions he's had.

Apparently that shocked him into accepting his career was done.

Maroon's still a scumbag, but he surprisingly made the right call.

And we're now talking about POST-CONCUSSION SEIZURES for quite a long time according to him, he's been keeping them as hidden as possible.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they learn fucking nothing from Benoit?

Obviously not. Maybe someone should forward the crime scene photos to Vince as a reminder, maybe then they'll put a few more controls.

Of course this sport is only as good as its training and things can happen regardless. But making some moves to protect their talent would be helpful to be sure.

I just caught the ESPN thing. He got cleared by other doctors while he was hiding seizures as a result of his injuries. And he got cleared anyway! It's insane that that was possible, let alone that he would conceal it and keep trying to wrestle anyway.

That's someone who loves the business, to an unhealthy degree. He's either sticking around forever, or he's cutting loose and never, ever looking back.

• 3 months later...

Thank GOODNESS SmackDown is doing its own thing instead of being a second Raw. I haven't watched SmackDown in months as a result of the roster. I wonder what they might do with the Thursday time slot, though, if anything... NXT maybe?

Hey, can we talk about Charlotte for a second? Did anyone else think that was the single best heel move in the history of the Women's Division?

It boggles my mind why she'd suddenly take up with Dana Brook, who is absolutely awful and shouldn't have been called up over, say, Bayley. I like Charlotte, though, and it's refreshing to see the 'E moving away from ass models as their champions and instead going with legit ass kickers instead.

I'd unironically wear the women's belt because I think it looks better than the men's.

The belt does look great, and that's even considering the removal of the "Diva" label.

Charlotte seems strong enough to carry Dana Brook, in my opinion. I just am curious which face in the women's roster could rise up to make a compelling rivalry. I think the familial ties thing is played out, both face and heel-side.

Really, I'd like to see more work from people outside of the title picture as far as the women go. It's been pretty formulaic for a while now: Charlotte holds the belt, someone enters feud, contender beats up others until title match, Charlotte wins, repeat.

We don't really get to see women's wrestling if it isn't directly attached to the title. I wonder if that's because the roster is stretched so thin right now: The NXT women should not ever be losing to the Total Divas generation of wrestler-models but that makes the pool pretty shallow. There's what, Bella, Foxy, Paige, Becky, Sasha, Dana, Charlotte? Lana, if she's not just a valet?

I need to check into the site more often, else I would've seen this thread sooner.

I never liked the first brand split. It turned out well in the beginning, but as it went on, SmackDown ended up feeling like the B league, and I worry that's going to happen again regardless of what wrestlers they decide to drop there.

I dunno, we'll see how it turns out. My big hope is that they'll give SmackDown its own set again rather than just a lighting change. I miss the giant fist. Also, more Mauro Ranallo on commentary is always a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super worried that WWE is going to WWE all over this like they always do. It has potential, but that just means they've got room to do things no one wants.

My chief concerns are that New Day gets split up, Enzo and Cass get split up, or that it goes back to "A Show, B Show" like mentioned above. The way I'd do it is that champions work both shows, and once you lose the belt you end up on the show of the person who beat you. It gives a little bit of wiggle room to move people and shift feuds without upsetting the entire hierarchy.

Most of my exposure to the WWE comes form Botchamania and second hand stories from my roommate so I can't add much to this discussion. Can say that I'm taking my brother-in-law to the local promotion's equivalent of WrestleMania so I'll try and get some nice pictures for you fools.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm resurrecting this thread to find folks who may be interested in a wrestling event in game! Plans are in the works and we could use some participants (wrestlers, promoters, sponsors, security, healers, audience plants, etc.) Please message me if you're interested! You can also contact me via discord exatomos#4455 and I'll add you to our chat group.

• 1 month later...

I just want to remind everyone that Wrestle Kingdom 12 is among us. Soon.

War Machine's last fight with NJPW before they move to WWE is tomorrow.

Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho will be a thing. I am a fan of Omega. He really can make any wrestling match look pretty good. Like, what even is that match with the 9 year old girl? And Omega vs Yano Toru was... hilarious.

don't mind me I was hyped just watching a few matches in Japan and I've been pretty into it for 2017 x.x