What is your character plot's theme/motif?

Leanne

Sojourn

Tristram has been always the wanderer.  He refused to settle with the other refugees in Little Ala Mhigo or anywhere else, but instead took to a life abroad.  The man even philosophically views life and it's events on the metaphor of the Road: with steps, stumbles, stones, floods and crossroads.  Nearly all things are just little stops and brief respites before moving on again.  This also is not just in regard to places for the character, but in careers taken and people met.  

His sojourn through life is not a permanent thing either, as he knows it will come to an end one day through one means or another.  I think the character speaks best to it himself ...

"I be going where I go ... till it be time to come home."

Cool thread! It's an interesting little exercise. For my characters:

Solenne: Ambition. She wants nothing less than to change the world and leave behind a legacy that will not soon fade or be forgotten. She is ever restless, ever searching for the next challenge to overcome.

Michaux: Recovery. Michaux is a (now former) drug addict with severe PTSD. His arc has been all about waking up, getting clean, and reconnecting with the world around him.

Leonie: Currently, her story is all about Regret. She is forever haunted by a dishonorable deed committed 20 years in the past, and her shame has turned her bitter and dangerous. Eventually, I hope her story will transform into one of Redemption.

Tatsu: I haven't been RPing Tatsu long, and she is the most generic, happy-go-lucky character I play, which makes this a tricky question to answer for her. I think her most distinguishing feature, at least among my characters, is her Joy. She loves life, she knows how to enjoy the simple things, and she never lets set-backs get her down for long.

J'aeda: Another character I haven't been RPing for long. Right now, the things that stand out to me about J'aeda are her Isolation and Wildness. She is not a tame creature and she is not integrated into society at all. She has so much knowledge and skill to offer, and yet she doesn't even know who to offer them to.

For Llaine, I believe the best word to describe her overall plot is Sacrifice. After spilling too much blood for the wrong reasons, she has returned to Eorzea with the singular purpose of bringing Hydaelyn's light to the land and acting as a shield against danger for her friends and allies. She is ready and willing to sacrifice anything for anyone, and will fight to her dying breath for what she believes is right and just.

Alternatively, Divinity could also be used, as she strives for absolute purity in the light of the Crystal.

Atonement.

Too many beaten for personal gain. Too many butchered for profit. Too many sacrificed for the greater good. Too many lost, too many damaged, too many left broken in his wake.

Because he was weak.

I've got a few, but if I had to boil it down to a single one, it would be legacy. Aden bears the weight of the hopes and desires of several people from his backstory, including perceived ones that may be non-existent (as in the case of his absent birth parents). Nearly everything he does is in some way in pursuit of that. A secondary theme locked in with legacy would be the sins of the parents--Aden wouldn't exist save for some very poor life choices on the part of his birth parents, wouldn't be in the situation he's in but for yet more questionable choices, and one day some of their more egregious mistakes may come knocking.

Some day his thematic focus may shift, as he's a growing character, but that will likely always be a core aspect.

Sacred is all about Discovery.

There is a truth at his back that he refuses to accept.  That he had to be the one to harvest the lives of his family and friends when he was a young man.  As if fate is somehow unflinching in it's absolution.  In this respect he traverses all corners of the world to discover new things, new people, new concepts that until now were completely unheard of.  Because with each new discovery comes a new truth, and with each new truth can he find a way to change that which has been written of others without their approval, for the better.

It's why when people meet Sacred he is always either testing a new experiment or trying to discover a new fact of life.

For Riven, it's Growth.  She's spent much of her life in a self-imposed prison of her own making, and now situations are being put in her path where she either steps forward and out of her comfort zone, or stays where she is and watches the world pass by. 

For Reinhardt, it's Transition.  Poor derpgoon has had quite a bit thrown at him over the past few months, not to mention he's taking his drachen trials at a very interesting time in Ishgard xD  Is he young enough to adapt to the changing situation and stand up for what he believes in?

Ashe would have to be Acceptance...as in accepting his past and his hatred and moving on...I think he is also about Redemption as he has mostly moved on from his past and is trying to make things better for himself and everyone (sorta)...he's still a dick about it though.

Zeph would have to be Duty...Zeph is a bit weird because he feels like it's his duty to fill in gaps where others have failed him in life. 

....Kasumi I have no idea yet.

Funny enough, L'yhta was talking to someone about something similar just the other night.

Above all else, her theme is Temperance -- specifically, learning how to be temperate and not trying to do everything and be everything. She needs to learn to tame her passions and emotions and, frankly, grow the hell up. She's slowly making progress, but for every two steps forward, she tends to take a step back.

Kellach is two-fold.

Discovery:

Essentially, he comes to Eorzea, and this is a completely new thing. He has to discover who he is truly without the shackles of his homeland's traditions, while still maintaining them in face of, well, a religion that is so overwhelmingly entrenched in Eorzeans' beliefs that it's difficult for him to do so. In addition to just discovering Eorzea in general and the history of his people that has gotten lost to time and is slowly crawling back up as he adventures in a land that is not his own.

Growth:

Meanwhile, Kellach has to grow as a person as he is relatively quite young at 20 years old - And he will continue doing so through relationships, both failed and successful, as well as meeting up with people, and his adventures. Throughout the year and a half I've played him, he stopped being an immature brat, but enjoys his freedom too much to abandon it.