Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Feb 23! (Update Feb8)

Kage

Dat Minfillia redesign... :frustrated:

Also, I swear, if it turns out she becomes a vessel for Hydaelyn or fuses with her or some shit... I'll be kind of annoyed. Please don't do something like that, SE. Please.

Sad but true, this is probably what will happen. =/ Might be time to go off and join the Warriors of Darkness....

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fan of Minfilia or most of the Scions for that matter. I will, however, be very pleased if we end up learning that Hydaelyn isn't so benevolent after all though. I've always loved the idea of Hydaelyn being parasitic and no different to Zodiark - with both 'deities' exploiting mortals as useful tools in their ongoing power struggle.

This would, in turn, allow the story to put a little less focus on the whole 'WoL' angle and break the cycle of Hydaelyn's blessing being used as a constant plot device to let the WoL overcome every single antagonist that gets in their way.

It'd also be pretty amusing it it turned out that the Ascians and Garleans are, after all, technically in the right - albeit more heavy handed than they need to be. Seeing the self righteous Scions and hypocritical Eorzeans humbled for a change would be pretty satisfying for me.

Overall, though, 3.2 better have a lot of plot developments to make up for how dry 3.1 was. I'll likely be sticking with FFXIV for the foreseeable future but I'd be lying if I said my interest wasn't draining a little.

I mean...

kEyeALP.jpg

review_sskit_12.jpg

Lol ok maybe not.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Twi'lek, is in fact, Nautolan, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, ocoto-fucking-shits. Twi'lek is not an alien species unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Galactic Empire system made useful by the Emperor, Imperial Academy indoctrination and vital sexual components comprising a full government as defined by Sheev Palpatine.

Many rebel organizations run a modified version of the Galactic Imperial system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of alien which is widely used today is often called “Twi'lek”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically a race of sex slaves, developed by the Hutts. There really are Twi'leks, and these people own them, but it is just a part of the fetish they have.

I mean...

kEyeALP.jpg

review_sskit_12.jpg

Lol ok maybe not.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Twi'lek, is in fact, Nautolan, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, ocoto-fucking-shits. Twi'lek is not an alien species unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Galactic Empire system made useful by the Emperor, Imperial Academy indoctrination and vital sexual components comprising a full government as defined by Sheev Palpatine.

Many rebel organizations run a modified version of the Galactic Imperial system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of alien which is widely used today is often called “Twi'lek”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically a race of sex slaves, developed by the Hutts. There really are Twi'leks, and these people own them, but it is just a part of the fetish they have.

wtf did I just read.

I mean...

kEyeALP.jpg

review_sskit_12.jpg

Lol ok maybe not.

wtf did I just read.

Part of the reason the Star Wars expanded universe got de-canon cannoned.

I Bet Hydaelyn is gonna be the true villain behind everything that's happened so far.

It's always the ones that help you the most.

Gonna do the ol WARRIORS OF DARKNESS ARE TRYING TO SAVE YOU FROM HYDAELYN BY TRYING TO KILL YOU AT FIRST THEN LATER SAY WE JUST WANTED TO INTIMIDATE YOU WED NEVER ACTUALLY KILL YOU

It's all in this pamphlet /hands over story board

I mean...

kEyeALP.jpg

review_sskit_12.jpg

Lol ok maybe not.

She's obviously cosplaying as Skyward Sword's Zelda, just with short sleeves.

skyward-sword-zelda-is-the-goddess-statements-2-from-youtube-1.jpg

Now she just needs to get kidnapped by the villains (again) and taken to the past so the WoL can fight proto-Ganon/Zodiark.

Sephirot Battle Preview

3c4e6201ba7fa8d1e15f9b5acf674a9e22c6ff1d.png

Today's patch 3.2 preview will give players a peek at the battle with Sephirot, one of the three towering pillars of the Warring Triad.

Sephirot, the Fiend

3c4e6201ba7fa8d1e15f9b5acf674a9e22c6ff1d_0.png

Sephirot, the Fiend, was a deity once worshipped by a tree-like race native to Meracydia. Brought into being for the sole purpose of repelling the Allagan invasion, Sephirot inflicted ruinous losses upon the imperial army before finally being subdued and imprisoned in the central facility of Azys Lla. And now, millennia later, this immensely powerful entity threatens to awaken, his vengeful dreams disturbed by the careless ambitions of Archbishop Thordan VII. Topple the first pillar of the Warring Triad, or wheresoever his colossal shadow falls shall be visited by unthinkable catastrophe!

- Containment Bay S1T7

Level Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 60

Party Size: Eight players

Time Limit: 60 minutes

Quest: When the Bough Wakes

Prerequisites: Players must first complete the main scenario quest "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness" and have also completed the quest "Gods of Eld.

- Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)

Level Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 60

Party Size: Eight players

Time Limit: 60 minutes

Quest: A Fiendish Likeness

Prerequisites: Players must first complete the quest "When the Bough Wakes."

I haven't found the press release higher resolution images yet :(

So you fight Sephirot in the very first quest? So basically we're gonna kill it with absolutely no build up first? Eh. While I like that they're going for a different direction than "random, probably unrelated stuff > buildup for the new primal/boss > trial", as a FF6 fanboy, I hope that at least the rest of the Warring Triad gets more than this.

So you fight Sephirot in the very first quest? So basically we're gonna kill it with absolutely no build up first? Eh. While I like that they're going for a different direction than "random, probably unrelated stuff > buildup for the new primal/boss > trial", as a FF6 fanboy, I hope that at least the rest of the Warring Triad gets more than this.

There's likely going to be some sort of quest leading up to the battle. 3.2 will presumably usher in more changes to Azys Lla like 3.1 did and it would be a huge waste to not actually discuss any of them in-game.

Sephirot?

I'm gonna name change one of my alts to "Aeris' Revenge", queue for this CONTINUALLY, and end the fight every time with, "Payback's a #$%#@ , ain' it?"

Sephirot not Sephiroth.

Edit: And yes I know that it's just a transliteration difference.

Sephirot?

I'm gonna name change one of my alts to "Aeris' Revenge", queue for this CONTINUALLY, and end the fight every time with, "Payback's a #$%#@ , ain' it?"

Sephirot not Sephiroth.

Posted with love and appreciation for your efforts :love: 8-) :thumbsup:

200-1.gif

I tried to minimize my seething hatred for this idea.

Sephirot?

Sephirot not Sephiroth.

Posted with love and appreciation for your efforts :love: 8-) :thumbsup:

200-1.gif

I tried to minimize my seething hatred for this idea.

It's okay, Kage. At least I know the difference~!