Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night 11/30 7PM CST

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arriving there to join the crowd outside waiting for the doors to open. Folks gathered around in the garden eying up each other and wondering if tonight there would have the nerve to talk to someone no doubt.

Then we were in and the bustle to get a drink, as that was something that didn't require much nerve. Then it was a slow agonizing wander around the place trying to remember that those wearing red were interested in females, blue for males and purple for either. 

Finally plucking up the courage to sit and start to chat to someone, only to have them stand and rush out half way through your sentence. Poor dear the stress and nerves got to them I suspect, at least we hope so otherwise it's us that scared them away.

Then after a short time to recover and collect ourself we go in again, and have a promising chat but even that ends with the excuse that they had to go home to put their pet cat to bed.

So I leave wondering how far down the bottom of the barrel of suitable romantic interests I am, where stepping in a chochobo poo, as I walk home, is the upside of my night.

Such is the life in a singles bar, and at least I got some material for a song.

So I leave wondering how far down the bottom of the barrel of suitable romantic interests I am, where stepping in a chochobo poo, as I walk home, is the upside of my night.

Do what Ben does . . . drink more. Either you get inebriated enough to get over any social anxiety or just you get to a point you no longer care about the chocobo poo. Both are acceptable recourses for the night. :) Also, had a great time and cheers to the new people I got to roleplay with, even if briefly.

Do what Ben does . . . drink more. Either you get inebriated enough to get over any social anxiety or just you get to a point you no longer care about the chocobo poo. Both are acceptable recourses for the night. :) Also, had a great time and cheers to the new people I got to roleplay with, even if briefly.

All IC for me there, OOC I had a great time.. IC Drama = good stuff.

@Nebbs: could be worse. My character had no idea what was going on until the very moment she got called away to her FC. She missed out all the fun! She probably would have run away in terror once she figured out what it was anyway :P

Edit: this was all IC confusion on my characters part. OOC it was a fantastic event!

@Nebbs: could be worse. My character had no idea what was going on until the very moment she got called away to her FC. She missed out all the fun! She probably would have run away in terror once she figured out what it was anyway :P

Edit: this was all IC confusion on my characters part. OOC it was a fantastic event!

There is always next time, after all if our characters ever did get lucky then we could not come to future ones!

There is always next time, after all if our characters ever did get lucky then we could not come to future ones!

Twelve's blessing to anyone courageous enough to try and put up with Claire.

Twelve's blessing to anyone courageous enough to try and put up with Claire.

I have no courageousness.. only dumb stupidity and a complete lack of empathy to offer.

Tonight is the night! There's going to be a lot of people there so you should come too :D This is our biggest attraction so far, pun intended, which means...there's a lot of single people out there looking to make friends or, you know, maybe they want relationship Rp? Maybe people just really like the colors Red, Blue, and Purple. But regardless of the reason, I'd love to see you there!

Anyway, if you are single and you'd like a fun, or at least interesting, experience then come give us a visit tonight.

I can promise you won't-

I'm pretty sure you wont-

Okay, so I doubt that you will leave disappointed. :D

And even if you don't find a date, feel free to visit with our friendly staff! That's what they are there for after all, to keep you company and provide some quality roleplay, so take advantage of em'. Enjoy your day and I'll see you tonight....I..Have had way too much caffeine. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are holding this again because...Well people seem to really like Singles Night. So, if you are a single gal or a single gent, come on down to Wayfarer's this Thursday where the first drink is free. If anything, you'll at least enjoy the hospitality of our crew. I will see you there!:thumbsup:

At this rate, I'm starting to think this should be a reoccurring thing. Not that I'm complaining about it. I'll definitely see if I can go again.

This is actually a monthly event, however, due to popularity it's becoming almost bi-weekly so this might in fact becoming a more reoccurring thing than planned...but we aren't complaining either lol. As long as people enjoy them, we'll keep hosting.

Not sure what the Garlean policy is here, but I might try to stop by if that is okay.

I think you should be fine as long as you don't go around saying you are a Garlean or letting your third eye out in to view (If pure blooded). There are plenty of sneaky dirty Garleans out there that hide in plain sight like this :3

At this rate, I'm starting to think this should be a reoccurring thing. Not that I'm complaining about it. I'll definitely see if I can go again.

This is actually a monthly event, however, due to popularity it's becoming almost bi-weekly so this might in fact becoming a more reoccurring thing than planned...but we aren't complaining either lol. As long as people enjoy them, we'll keep hosting.

Oooh... And granted, I jumped in on this boat not knowing it was a monthly thing.

Hmm... Maybe I'll get another chance at redemption again... But more for the company, then having a significant other comes later.

I went there and even gained a new friend, another Garlean at that! lol It seemed like a fun little event, even though I didn't stay that long. It was a little intimidating and anyone I rp'ed with besides the bartender I had to approach myself, but Fabra is a bit of a special pill to swallow, but I'll likely go back next month.