Describe your backstory in the worst way!

Momoka

Kitten who's big daddy is a big bad meanie criminal, now learning about head bowling underground, learns that exploding people to giblets and not getting caught at all is the way to make top dolla. Becomes literal Cat Grill. Grills people for top dolla. Grills objects for top dolla. Dolla dolla.

Glacir: Nerd keeps reading books and being nerdy to find ways to help people.

Otgiva: Tomboy punches people, joins military, defects, punches more people.

Zansetsu: Boy winds up adrift, lands in strange new place, makes region's biggest fool his basis for 'good citizen'.

Leih: Little catgirl raised by random stranger-turn to-brother to follow in his footsteps while escaping from a big baddy enemy that killed her mommy and daddy.

Altani Olkund: Fall in love, guy gets killed, give birth to guy's kid and has to work for mysterious patron to keep kid safe.

Azrael: Tainted aether permanently cursed him. Abusive father destroyed his entire existence. He's been forced to eventually leave every family that's ever taken him in.

Asher: Unwanted since birth. Abandoned by his parents at a young age. Forced to grow up alone. Got his tail chopped off.

Endel: A dragon ate his vocal cords. 'Nuff said.

• 1 month later...

Rini: Girl's parents disappear, tribe dies, brother abandons her, twice, orphanage burns down, can't read or write, and is rejected by the first person she fell in love with; still smiles as long as she has cookies.

Mik'hal Zarasten : Pretty Woman, except the guy dies in the end.

Lynea Angura: Tallest girl in class goes to see the world and finds that she's not that tall.

Huh, Lynea's feels like some sort of Onion headline. LOL

What I wrote before I saw the format everyone else was using:

Zozoju's Backstory

So there was this moon-catgirl named "Kahti", which is probably a really bad pun on "catty", but I digress. She could use magic, but the conjurers thought she was an arrogant bitch. She was, and said, "Screw you, I'm going to be a thaumaturge!", because Thaumaturges are all about being power hungry and have nothing to do with spirituality and funeral rites, AM I RIGHT?

So her teacher failed to teach her any sort of humility, and Kahti went back home and accidentally toasted a bunch of people, never mind the fact that thaumaturges back in those days were more about non-aspected magic, rather than throwing fire everywhere. She freaked out and ran away, then started her own small family.

Then later on her daughter was the only one to survive the calamity, but wait! It wasn't really her daughter! Kahti's daughter died in the calamity, and Kahti went insane and and thought she was her daughter!

(She got better)

Then, later, Kahti accidentally summoned a voidsent. But that story went nowhere and the voidsent was defeated off screen. And then Kahti retired.

Then Kahti's teacher showed up, because she found out what happened with Kahti and blamed herself for not teaching Kahti right. So she pledged to aid Kahti, but Kahti didn't need help (being retired and all), so sent the teacher to look after her (Kahti's) friends.

But the teacher though Kahti's friends were immature fools, and so commissioned a mammet to be the aid in her place. (Honestly, I couldn't play the character to save my life)

And that's where Zoju came from.

Cam'nahl Zarasten: Scholar catte reads bunch of books but fails at getting himself proper socialization.

Rhet Hawke: All My Friends Are Dead. Except you.

Riski Chanse: My BFF got killed and the rest of the gang left me for dead so I decided to become someone new.

That was harder than I expected!

Einrich Woods:

Saw his people kill themselves. Grew a chip on his shoulder the size of Hydaelyn.

P'rih Maahl:

Nunh wants to run a train on previous Nuhn's daughters as victory. Virus'd his pingus and fled.

Alternately: Shitty cattegal is obsessed with Primals, has not so subtle name.

Stone Owl:

The Mountains speak, and he listens. Everyone else just thinks he should change his name to Stoned Owl.

Valerie Steelbolt:

Turns out, shooting an Ishgardian noble and a high-ranking Ala Mhigan commander dead isn't the greatest of ideas when you're tasked with being the protector of a village that's right on the borders of Gyr Abania and Coerthas.

Sadakata Kaihan (aka Kaihan no Sadakata aka Sadakata of the Kai Province):

Stupid Au Ra hates machinery, is a thinly veiled reference. Don't let him go psycho.

• 1 month later...