SpellGuard ✨ May 25 ✨ 10 PM EST

Shoshopu

Well, with 3.3 Hype still in full swing, tonight's tournament was a short one, but we still had one exciting match-up! Aleria Frostheart and Tatsumi Hanateru vs Aulsoix Claimane and newcomer Misha'to Nhami! And the Champion Spellguardians of Spellguard VIII are...

[align=center]Aulsoix Claimane & Misha'to Nhami!

Congratulations!

5zT0mtY.png[/align]

I've also amended the conclusion of Spellguard VII to include a screenshot of its champions, Gogonji and the Masked Mage!

Spellguard IX will take place on June 24 at 10 PM EST!

• 2 weeks later...

SpellGuard IX is set to take place this Friday at 10 PM EST! Hope to see some familiar and fresh faces this week!

Our tenth tournament is coming up soon, on July 8th, and I've been thinking that there should be something special about it! What's something you guys would like to see in SpellGuard, even if just for one night?

Four teams came together to duke it out, but only one could be the best! SpellGuard IX's champions are...

Aulbiene Daiviere and Anrai Sinclair! Congratulations!

KDiLy2g.png

Our next tournament is marked on the calendar for July 8, 10 PM EST! It will be our tenth SpellGuard tournament, and I'd love to make the tenth event a little special. I'd love to hear your suggestions or ideas!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a lot of new faces this week! Seven teams duked it out, but one team rose to the top, and they were...

[align=center]Xoridel Velicoix & Jujuwai Totowai!

xZuvGoj.png

Jujuwai split his reward with the other team who made it to the finals

[/align]

Our next tournament, Spellguard XI, is on July 22 at 10 PM EST! I hope some of our wonderful new faces from this week return!

• 2 weeks later...

[align=center]UqYor9h.png[/align]

Spellguard XI is July 22! To celebrate the 11th Spellguard tournament, and in honor of my first MMO love, in addition to the standard gil prize, the champion Spellguardians on July 22 will receive a humble (but hella cute) set of minions from the fabled land of Vana'diel!

No, it's nothing big or terribly expensive, but just a cute little extra to sweeten the pot. Excited to see you mages tomorrow night!

Hey all, just as a heads-up, some IRL stuff got sprung on me today so I probably won't be around before the event until about 9 PM EST, for people who like pre-event RP, but rest assured I'll be home well before 10 PM, and the event itself won't be interrupted. I just know people like to show up pretty early and may leave if nobody's there, and I apologize for that!! ;_;

A bit of a small turnout this week, but I have a fun idea for the next time we only have three teams. (Or nine teams. Odd numbered multiples of three...)

Tonight's champions are...

[align=center]Ralamano Nulumano and Tatsumi Hanateru! Congratulations!

HAo8Z2p.png

[/align]

By the way, if anyone sees Mason Clark roaming around, let him know Shoshopu has something for him!

The next Spellguard tournament will be August 5th!

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard XII is tomorrow night at 10 PM EST!

For those who like to show up to RP early, I have the night shift at work tomorrow night so I won't be home until sometime after 9 PM- definitely still before 10, though. See you there!

Ugh, I'm so sorry, everyone. >< Work was horrible tonight-- there were still about two dozen people in the store 5 minutes before closing, and that was before we'd even gotten to start on cleaning up the store. I only just got home.

Seeing as I didn't get home until so late, Spellguard XII is just being postponed until August 12. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, and hope to see you all on the 12th.

Going to keep the same schedule or adjust accordingly?

IE: Aug 12, then Aug 19 again or Aug 12 then Aug 26?

I suggest keeping with the previous schedule and just make the 12th special.

Ahh crap, I meant to say the 19th. Thanks for catching me. x_x Ah, what the heck, I'll keep it on the 12th anyway. The 12th and then the 19th again.

That's kinda funny that way, the 12th Spellguard being on the 12th.

Going to keep the same schedule or adjust accordingly?

IE: Aug 12, then Aug 19 again or Aug 12 then Aug 26?

I suggest keeping with the previous schedule and just make the 12th special.

Ahh crap, I meant to say the 19th. Thanks for catching me. x_x Ah, what the heck, I'll keep it on the 12th anyway. The 12th and then the 19th again.

That's kinda funny that way, the 12th Spellguard being on the 12th.

IT WAS FATE!! Hydaelyn decided it would be so!!

We had a great time tonight, for it to be rescheduled to a weird day! We had a lot of new faces this week, but in the end it came down to two previous champions and their teammates! After an exciting bout, Spellguard XII's champions are...

[align=center]Jun'to Nharuya & Leanne Delphium! Congratulations!

WUylZbW.png[/align]

Spellguard XIII will take place as originally scheduled, next week on the 19th!!

This week at Spellguard we had just three teams, but that gave us the opportunity to test out a new game mode-- the triangle! Essentially, the three teams form up in a triangle and attack the team clockwise to them. When one team is eliminated, the remaining two teams continue until there's just one team left! This method intended to make the first round more entertaining than just randomly giving one of those teams the "bye" and letting them sit out while the other teams get to fight, as is the normal procedure when there's an odd number of competitors/teams.

[align=center]nC1lRot.png[/align]

One team rose to the top with a decisive victory, still having three points by the time the first team was eliminated!

[align=center]Give it up for Fefeko Yoyoko & Viviku Viku!

2fifMdF.png[/align]

I want to thank everyone for attending this week and being guinea pigs for the new game mode. The next Spellguard, Spellguard XIV, is in two weeks, September 2nd at 10 PM! Hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard's on in two hours! Shoshopu's around for those who like to chit-chat before the event! :3

(Might have to move the combat out to the beach tonight, the decorations for the Rising take up a huge chunk of the markets, haha)