SpellGuard ✨ May 25 ✨ 10 PM EST

Shoshopu

Well, it seems like this Friday was a pretty tightly-booked night, so Spellguard XIV is being postponed to the next tournament date, September 16! See you all then!

edit: I'd like to thank everybody who stuck around even after the event itself was called off made it a fun night for RP regardless! I really appreciate the regulars who come for every event <3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like another slow week for Spellguard. So! Spellguard XIV will be rescheduled for the next tourney date, September 30!

Since it will take place just a few days after the much-anticipated 3.4, Spellguard XIV's prize will consist of double the normal gil prize, as well as an exciting item for each winning teammate! Whether it's a new glamour item, a new furniture item, or simply a useful, high-demand housing item to furnish your new apartments with, is yet to be determined, but once the patch notes drop I'll be posting a more detailed announcement here!

Please look forward to it!!

• 2 weeks later...

[align=center]IwBPVY4.png

Greetings, mages! Spellguard XIV is planned to be a special event, in the wake of all these exciting goings-on! Events unfolding, new adventures to be had in unexplored territory... not to mention all that new housing!

These fabulous prizes shall be awarded to the each of the dominant Spellguardians of Spellguard XIV:

300,000 Gil

A mounted box shelf

A tier 2 aquarium

... and a surprise!

Spellguard XIV is slated to begin on September 30 at 10:00 PM EST. We advise that you arrive a half-hour in advance and take your places in the combatant area!

300x208http://i.imgur.com/QbFspZt.png[/img][/align]

Five teams came together tonight for this special event, but only one team can claim the title of Champion Spellguardians!

[align=center]Congratulations to Aleria Frostheart and Elatus Shadeflare!

dQ52T2Z.png[/align]

gosh, I love the new screenshot feature

Thank you all so much for making this a wonderful event! <3 The next tournament is scheduled for October 14th! Same time, same place! See you then!

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard XV is set to begin tomorrow night at 10 PM EST!

I have the closing shift tomorrow night so I won't be online on Shoshopu until about 9:30 or so, unfortunately. Please feel free to gather a half hour in advance as usual!

Alright! Guess who was looking at the wrong part of the schedule and was an hour late to her morning shift today?

This girl!

Spellguard begins in two and a half hours, but be on the lookout for Shoshopu in an hour or so for early comers!

Two new competitors squared off against previous champions Fefeko Yoyoko and Viviku Viku and scored a decisive victory! Let's give it up for Spellguard XV's champions...

[align=center]Nhagi'ra Relanah and Sephirah Eruafnor! Congratulations!

7TbmE0P.png[/align]

We had a relatively considerable audience and some amusing commentating by Slag-tooth Sibert! Thanks to everyone who attended this week, and I hope you see you in a fortnight on August 28th! I'll have to come up with something appropriately spooky for Spellguard XVI...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Spellguard XVI turned out to be one of the bigger tournaments we've had in weeks, with six teams in attendance! A lot of returning competitors and new faces, as well! Each match was as interesting as it was unpredictable. Only team would go undefeated, of course...

[align=center]Congratulations to Nhagi'ra Relanah & Viviku Viku!

rrGccbl.png[/align]

Our next tournament is scheduled for November 11! Hope to see you there, and I hope you all have a merry All Saint's Wake!

[align=center]uXVix0e.png[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

Four teams entered, but only one left undefeated! Facing up against one our our multiple-time champion and semifinalists, Spellguard XVII's champions are...

[align=center]R'miah Tosh and Josiah Covey! Congratulations!

mJx7faB.png[/align]

Thanks to everyone who attended this week, and I hope you see you in a fortnight on November 25th!

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard is this Friday at 10 PM EST! I want to give you guys a heads-up that I have the closing shift this week at work, so I won't be home until shortly before the event begins. I'll try to have someone on-site before I get home, but even if I'm not there yet, please know the event is still on!

I'd like to thank Zigovali Rigovali for handling the opening ceremony of the tournament while I was rushing home from work tonight!! Spellguard XVIII consisted of four teams and two rounds, and a couple of lalafell finally rose to the top tonight!

[align=center]Congratulations to Zigovali Rigovali and Ulemo Tesheremo!

SWwzCbE.png[/align]

Spellguard XIX will take place December 9 at 10 PM EST! See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone! Spellguard XIX is set to begin tonight at 10:00 PM EST! However, my workplace has really late closing hours this month for the holidays, so Spellguard will be headed tonight by Jujuwai Totowai (Shoshopu's brother) and Zigovali Rigovali (Shoshopu's fiance)! They're Spellguard staff for tonight. Shoshopu will join in whenever I get home from work. <_>

Hope to see you there!

Oof, I ended up not being able to get home in time to see the final round, but Spellguard XIX was a success! I'd like to thank arkamas and Spikeworks (Jujuwai and Zigovali) for holding down the fort tonight in my stead!

[align=center]Congratulations to tonight's winners, Chinua Bayagud and Ver'svesh Preah!!

oMYgU5Y.png[/align]

Spellguard XX will take place on December 23 at 10 PM EST! Stay tuned for Starlight Celebration-themed goodies!

[align=center]FNUfVrf.png

Happy Holidays, mages! We at Spellguard hope you're ready for the Starlight Celebration, because Shoshopu, Zigovali and Jujuwai have a special event lined up for this holiday season!

Everyone who participates in Spellguard XX will receive a little present to help make sure everyone's geared up for a stupendous Starlight Spellguard!

Of course, we have something special lined up for each of our potential champions, as well! Spellguard XX's prizes are:

300,000 Gil

A Starlight Sentinel

And... a surprise that will be revealed after Starlight officially begins, on December 16!

Spellguard XX is slated to begin on December 23 at 10:00 PM EST. We advise that you arrive a half-hour in advance and take your places in the combatant area!

300x208http://i.imgur.com/QbFspZt.png[/img][/align]

[align=center]tdG8XP6.png

The Spellguard Team is excited to host a very special Starlight tournament on the 23rd!

As previously stated, each participant in Spellguard XX will receive their own little Starlight gift as a token of our appreciation! The grand prize is also receiving a buff, this time consisting of!:

300,000 Gil

A Starlight Sentinel

A free sketch-portrait of the winning team!

z65uJOG.png

Reference pictures can be taken at the end of the tournament, at a later time, or provided if you happen to already have a few imgur albums' worth of them (coughs)

Spellguard XX is slated to begin on December 23 at 10:00 PM EST. We advise that you arrive a half-hour in advance and take your places in the combatant area!

300x208http://i.imgur.com/QbFspZt.png[/img]

Also!!

Qhk9G14.png

The White Lion Brigade's event, The White Lion's Gamble, takes place tonight at 8 PM EST! (That's, like, 10 minutes of this posting, I meant to post this sooner sorry)

If you're into Triple Triad, please check out their thread for more info! You're bound to have a good time![/align]