Noirzea - Eorzean Noir using Fate-14 - Sign up thread

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Open Action Block 3(Wednesday June 15th, 9pm Central through 11pm Central)

Open Action Block 4(Saturday June 18th, 4pm Central through 6pm Central)

Open Action Block 5(Tuesday June 21st, 9pm Central through 11pm Central)

These are not events, per se. A lot of this plot relies onthe players taking initiative and engaging in small investigations into that which hooked their interest. To this end, I will be available during these time periods to help resolve actions outside of events, for those who wish to participate.

If you have an investigation that you suspect may take a bitof time to work through, then try and be here for this. I don’t intend to run scenes of length during this time period; if the investigation looks like it’s going to take a long time, we may discuss turning it into a full event to run at a later time.

If you have some investigation you’re thinking of lookinginto but aren’t able to make this block, I implore you to send me a PM on the RPC. It might be possible to resolve it with a single roll, in which can I can send you the relevant information nice and quick.

Material Request: AhrimanTears

The following notice is posted around Ul’dah:

[align=center]Notice to all Adventurers[/align]

[align=center]The Alchemist Guild,pursuant to Adventurer Guild Regulations, hereby authorizes the following Guildleve: [/align]

[align=center]The hunting andharvesting of Ahriman Tears. For the furtherance of research, an abundant supply of materials is requested.[/align]

[align=center]A reward of coin andadventuring supplies will be provided per batch, dependent on both quantity and quality, as determined by an authorized guild receptionist upon delivery.[/align]

[align=center]Leve to remain openuntil further notice. Inquire at the Ul’dahn Levemete to acquire the appropriate leveplate for official sanction.[/align]

Material Request: Collecting Copper Coblyn Cores

The following notice is still posted around Ul’dah:

[align=center]Notice to all Adventurers[/align]

[align=center]The Alchemist Guild,pursuant to Adventurer Guild Regulations, hereby authorizes the following Guildleve: [/align]

[align=center]The hunting andharvesting of the soulkin copper coblyns to retrieve their cores. For the furtherance of research, an abundant supply of materials is requested.[/align]

[align=center]A reward of coin andadventuring supplies will be provided per batch, dependent on both quantity and quality, as determined by an authorized guild receptionist upon delivery.[/align]

[align=center]Leve to remain openuntil further notice. Inquire at the Ul’dahn Levemete to acquire the appropriate leveplate for official sanction.[/align]

OoC Note: This is not an event, per se. Requests for actionstowards this goal may be made in the linkshell while I am available, or through RPC private messages. If multiple players wish to hunt together, we can work to try and find an appropriate time to run the event.

Yes, I know there are not any actual scheduled events. Lifehas gotten in the way of being able to dedicate enough time to create events. However, I’m not letting this plot die, and I invite you to investigate any of the incidents that have already occurred. Some players have already found hooks into this plot. If you don’t have a hook and you are interested in getting involved, just talk to me. I have a few ideas that might work. I’m absolutely willing to run events based on things your characters want to do. Be proactive.

• 3 weeks later...

Open Action Block 6(Monday July 11th, 9pm Central through 11pm Central)

Open Action Block 7(Saturday July 16th, 4pm Central through 6pm Central)

These are not events, per se. A lot of this plot relies onthe players taking initiative and engaging in small investigations into that which hooked their interest. To this end, I will be available during these time periods to help resolve actions outside of events, for those who wish to participate.

If you have an investigation that you suspect may take a bitof time to work through, then try and be here for this. I don’t intend to run scenes of length during this time period; if the investigation looks like it’s going to take a long time, we may discuss turning it into a full event to run at a later time.

If you have some investigation you’re thinking of lookinginto but aren’t able to make this block, I implore you to send me a PM on the RPC. It might be possible to resolve it with a single roll, in which can I can send you the relevant information nice and quick.

Still available:

Material Request: Ahriman Tears

Material Request: Collecting Copper Coblyn Cores

Events:

Where the Hammer Fell (Thursday, July 14th, 9pm Central)

1. Kiht Jakkya

2. S'imba Tia

3. Arblis

Local brass blades are stumped by the recent demolition ofseveral of the massive hammers set out to flatten the sands of Western Thanalan. Initially thought to be simple hardware malfunction, attempts to repair the machines have been thwarted by continued sabotage in the night.

Three brass blades set out to guard one of the remainingworking hammers wound up suffering severe burns when an unknown assailant attacked, and are currently convalescing in the Ul’dah barracks. The local levemete has issued a bounty for adventurers willing to investigate the issue.

Murder on the Dove (Saturday, July 16th, 7:30pm Central)

1. Simeon

2. Malin Greaves

3. Leanne

Beginning to become a common sight in Vesper Bay is The Dove.The ship has been docked in the bay for the past two moons, caught in a bureaucratic tangle of legal fees, proper repair procedure, and bogus shipping licensing claims.

Rumors have started to spread that the captain of this ship was found murdered in a back alley in Vesper Bay. This might be an excellent opportunity for some amateur sleuths to ply their trade, whether the local brass blades want them to or not!

Arblis, who definitely was not the one who sabotaged the hammers of western thanalan due to their obnoxious noise and is certainly not returning to the scene of the crime, will sign up for Where the Hammer Fell!

Er..; After a time of watching things over this Noirzea and failing to convince the couple people I was willing to get in as a group, I guess I should jump on the occasion and try to get nose poked into Murder on the Dove in a way or another.

So I guess you could surely sign up Simeon Sibaruse regarding it.

Rumors:

Listed rumors are things that anyone in the plot may have heard. Things are talked about in the city, word gets around. You don’t need to roll to have heard what’s written here. Further investigation into such things might be the subject of a between-scenes action, as you see fit.

• Citizens of Ul’dah are growing concerned and curious that there has been an unusual increase in Ahriman activity while the Alchemist guild seeks materials from them. The Alchemist guild claims to be happy for its good fortune and denies any involvement.
  • The Mourning Dove, a ship in Vesper Bay, has been condemned and seized by the Brass Blades indefinitely. It remains moored and unused.
  • Material Request: Ahriman Tears. The Alchemist Guild is still willing to pay good gil in exchange for adequate supplies of certain reagents.
  • Material Request: Collecting Copper Coblyn Cores.The Alchemist Guild is still willing to pay good gil in exchange for adequate supplies of Coblyn Cores. However, word is they’ve almost met their quota. (This is the LAST BLOCK that Coblyn Cores are desired.)

Story Aspects:

A new Story Aspect has been created. Like all aspects it canbe used via a FP by anyone, even those not responsible for its creation.

[align=center]Ahriman All About[/align]

[align=center]Travelers throughout Thanalan have started seeing suspicious shadows. Reports and rumors suggest an abnormal abundance of the winged voidsent known as Ahriman peeking over boulders and peering at folk with those ridiculous eyes.[/align]

[align=center]Thankfully, no one has been seriously injured. But experts agree, it’s only a matter of time.[/align]

Events:

Open Action Block 8 (Thursday July 21st, 9pm Central through 11pm Central)

Open Action Block 9 (Wednesday July 27th, 9pm Central through 11pm Central)

A lot of this plot relies on the players taking initiative and engaging in small investigations into that which hooked their interest. To this end, I will be available during these time periods to help resolve actions outside of events, for those who wish to participate.

Brass and Steam (Sunday July 24th, 4pm Central)

1. S'imba Tia

2. Zanzan Yanzan

3. R'elend Tia

4. Rhaya (Tentative)

Reserve:

[align=center]A small group of (relatively) peaceful goblin “traders” is under heavy scrutiny by the Brass Blades. They claim that this group of goblins is responsible for the recent damage done to the massive hammers designed to pound the sands of Western Thanalan into a suitable foundation for Monetarist summer homes. [/align]

[align=center]A great deal of money is involved, so for once the Brass Blades are inclined to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Even if it means arresting every single goblin and condemning them to rot in the oubliette. The goblins aren’t about to go quietly, and they’re gearing up to fight. Which side will you help?[/align]

Can’t We Just Post Bail? (Friday July 29th, 9pm Central)

1. Anstarra Silverain

2. Malin Greaves (Withdrawn)

3. Virara Wakuwa

4. Leanne Delphium

Reserve: Akiko Nomura (First dibs)

[align=center]Ut’mah Nunh seeks to beseech the Brass Blades for the release of his tribe member. As of yet they have not told him why she is being held, but he heard from someone in Vesper Bay who claims he saw her being arrested by a tall elezen in dark armor and handed off to the Blades. In the past, many of his troubles have been resolved by clever adventurers, and so he’s turning to them for aid once again.[/align]

[align=center]My beloved Ut’lahni has been arrested! Someone help me fight against these false charges and retrieve her from the vile clutches of the Brass Blades! Please, before something awful happens.[/align]

The Party Never Stops (Sunday, July 31st, 4pm Central)

1. Spahro Llorn

2. Theia Smolder

3. Vael'a Ruhne

Reserve:

[align=center]Garven Waker wants you to come get drunk with him. For the past three suns, taverns in Vesper Bay have been lit with his antics. With a seemingly endless purse, he’s purchased a seemingly endless supply of liquor (and other substances).[/align]

[align=center]Word of this raucous partying has begun to spread, along with a message from the benefactor: Everyone is welcome, come and have a great time![/align]

Note: people are welcome to use downtime actions related to this large party, up to three days before this event, up to and including visiting and having a great time. Participants in this event come for whatever reason they wish, for a more GM directed experience.

A New Bloom (AKA, A Silly Subplot) (Thursday, August 4th, 9PM Central)

1. Kiht Jakkya

2. R'shesha Otharn

3. Orghana Geneq

4. Nheu'a Polaali (Tentative)

Reserve: Arblis

[align=center]From the southern border of the Shroud, a massive treant has emerged and begun to terrorize the region around Highbridge. Adventurers are needed to destroy it, before it causes significant damage to the countryside and/or Highbridge itself![/align]

Universal Reserve: Arblis (A New Bloom)