[Persona 5] You are a prisoner. Want emancipation?

So, any other big SMT/Persona fans? I've been a fan since "Revelations: Persona" on the PSOne. Also, here is the latest trailer with english subtitles!

FFx77tQvWTk

Anyone else super-hyped...? Because I am.

(Hahaha, the hacker girl's persona is "Necronomicon."

(Hahaha, the hacker girl's persona is "Necronomicon."

Wouldn't be the first time the series' referred to pulp novels of the 20-30's. Cthulhu was a demon in SMT2 and a Persona you could summon, and Hastur was a Persona in 2 EP, with Nyarlatothep being THE big bad of the Persona 2 cycle, being IIRC retrofitted in P1's regular story.

I'm just fucking glad they had the Seven Sisters symbol up there - It really feels like they stopped giving a shit about pre-3 these days.

Oh yeah, I remember Nyarlathotep in the original Persona. You could actually get him for Chris/Reiji. Haven't played through 2 yet. It does seem like they abandoned elements the original games had though. Philemon is nowhere to be found and I think the horror-lite elements are missing too. Well, I can't complain too much; Persona 3 and 4 are freaking awesome.

I'm really excited. I loved 2, 3, and 4, yet i feel they've milked 4 enough and I'm glad they're moving forward. For a while I was worried there would only be 3 party members. The graphical style is really coming together and you can see Cathrine was a great tool to help them get more integrated into newer consoles rather than just sticking to handheld. The release date is close to FFXV, a very bold move.

I've been a fan of the franchise since Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga however I've not been a fan of how the Persona series has relegated the mainline series to the 3DS.

Yeah, if there's one downside to it, it's that. Man, I would kill for a Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne HD remaster or remake. Throw in DDS 1 and 2 for good measure.