caretaker in need of caretaken

[align=center]ARE YOU A MAMA'S BOY RECENTLY DEPOSED OF YOUR MOTHER?[/align]

[align=center]A STRONG WARRIOR WITH NO BASIC SURVIVAL SKILLS?[/align]

[align=center]A RECKLESS HERO THAT CAN'T SAY NO TO A DEATHWISH?[/align]

[align=center]DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PAT YOUR HEAD, TELL YOU YOU'RE RIGHT, AND SEND YOU OFF TO WAR FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOUR BAD DECISIONS?[/align]

[align=center]THEN DO I HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU![/align]

[align=center]500x242https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/images/9/98/Screenshot_529.png[/img]

[/align]

[align=center]HIS NAME IS LIA AND HE'S READY TO KEEP YOUR ASS ALIVE!*[/align]

[align=center]*results may vary[/align]

Alright maybe that's all a little excessive, but it gets the point across. Lia Sokolov is an Auri male, starting class likely archer, server likely Balmung but not yet created/transferred.

Lia is a caretaker by nature, but a caretaker of particular taste and abilities. His skills in cooking, cleaning, and other basic necessities are average. His child-rearing is abysmal, as he finds children in general unpleasant and not worth his time yet. No, his services are of a different kind -- he is a companion for the powerful but weakened.

The type of person he gravitates towards are the strong or strong-to-be, especially those with lofty goals. He loves the passionate and lives to support them in their endeavors, and more importantly, to care for them when they're broken. He only cares for the weary, the depressed, the damned, those who are tossed aside or ignored by society. The more righteous and angry and self-destructive his charge's cause, the more Lia thrives.

After all, Lia has his own destructive streak, whether of himself or the one he's taking care of is entirely up to the latter. He can be loyal and compliant to an extreme degree, not due to a weak will, but because he wants to see the outcomes of bad decisions. It acts almost as a power trip in itself; if he's told "kill me," how far will he be allowed to go before the order is rescinded?

His occasionally-lacking morality aside, Lia is good at his role. When his charge loses all hope, he'll stroke their hair and remind them why they must keep going. When they can't bring themselves to get out of bed, he'll bring them breakfast, lunch, dinner, for as long as they need, and keep them company until the mood passes. And as much as his own interest can be piqued by bad decisions, he won't follow any cause that is inherently doomed to fail or that he doesn't personally believe in.

TL;DR: Lia is a caretaker with a taste for destruction, he likes people who are powerful but broken, and he's good at following orders while being entirely independent (and all too easy to depend on).

Lia is inherently a companion character. He's a sidekick. Unfortunately, this means that he is rather useless without a main character to play alongside. It would be nice to find a broken hero for him to nurture, thus this posting, though I'll probably be playing him running solo until I can find such a soul. Edit to note: Lia's nature isn't just for One Special Person, and he'll gravitate towards anyone a little messed up and downtrodden. He's a nurturer, for a purpose or otherwise, so if your character doesn't fit the exact specifications or isn't interested in needing Lia so explicitly, there's still plenty of opportunity to interact and for Lia to have an interest!

Further details such as place of origin and other background-specific things are currently undecided and quite flexible in possibility at the moment. He's still in his baby stages of character development, so things may change in general before his official creation, but everything listed here is fairly set!

If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to PM me or post in this thread.

More Plot Hooks:

* In his time away from handling the caretaken, Lia makes his spending money through good old bounty hunting. He's mid-range in seriousness, but as of 'right now' he's probably between charges, making him hunt a little more often. If your character is in the same line of business or is wanted for something or other, we can do something with that!

* He loves gardening. That's not actually a plot hook I guess so much as just a general fact but the point remains.

Player Directory: imayosh | Wiki: Lia Sokolov

Hmm... My character Rhaya is exactly that: A hero who's completely broken/depressed by life. Strong, but having lost her way. This could be interesting.

funny enough, i was looking into bounty hunting as lia's actual occupation (vs his 'role' as someone's caretaker) from the start, since it's lucrative enough in short bursts and doesn't always require a full-time commitment. it also lines up with his general lawful-leaning (but entirely selfish) alignment.

his personal interests outweigh his job description no matter what, though. if he did know who rhaya really was (which isn't necessarily the case, but if that's what you wanted to do), he'd be more intrigued by the bounty who didn't seem to be continuing a life of crime than interested in cashing her in.

if you wanted, they could easily meet up because lia was looking for an easy bounty but decided she was too interesting to immediately turn in. and if you'd rather he not know her true identity, we can figure something else out too! lia does have a nose for the broken, as it were, can't resist a troubled soul.

While she was in hiding before, she's much more recognizable now, so her being recognized by her old bounty is still very much possible! All she does now is use a different name.

sounds good! would you like to just keep it organic and i'll meet up with you sometime after lia gets into balmung? or would you rather go into more detail? i still don't know the etiquette on how to go about more detailed discussions, so if you'd like to PM me or whatever the standard is i'm cool with it! but in this case, the meeting up in-game sounds like the best way to start too.

edit: added lia's bounty hunting plot hook to the first post to make new finds easier!