In need of an FC that would allow a moogle... and some basic connections!

:tonberry: Just as the title says ^^; Lami-moogle is in need of some connections! The moogle commonly resides in the Gridanian woods, but volunteers on very, very rare occasion as a Mailmog and can be found wandering all along the place, but primarily stays in one of the Shrouds.

I don't exactly know what she would do to persay, START getting connections.. Perhaps she's on a  postmog run and happens to deliver a letter or two? *shrug*

Also... I need an FC for her. I'm hoping one that won't bash me to bits for my character xD And ICly, it'd take probably a lot to convince her to join.

JUst don't try to spook her. She'll panic and run off!

I actually think it's a neat idea if you have researched it and can play it faithfully to the lore. Though, given the nature of the RP, you would probably have the best results in a static group, thus what I am guessing you are looking for a FC for. Why repeat all that? Because I don't think people should bash the idea. It could be fun and I've even mentioned before that Rini has a moogle friend she met in the shroud months back. Having an actually player be this sort of support character would be a neat concept, but it is going to be hard for you to develop your own story. If you ever want to RP with a conjurer drop me a PM. : ) I always welcome new connections and ideas.

I will play the devils advocate to Rini here and say that these types of characters are never widely accepted. Sure you could just find an FC that allows you to do that, but what happens when you step aside of them to find RP?

If you prefer to see exactly what I mean, feel free to do a search of other Moogle related threads and you'll see.

Ultimately however, your game, your money and free to play whatever you wish.

Hope it works out for you!

I will play the devils advocate to Rini here and say that these types of characters are never widely accepted. Sure you could just find an FC that allows you to do that, but what happens when you step aside of them to find RP?

If you prefer to see exactly what I mean, feel free to do a search of other Moogle related threads and you'll see.

I'm thinking she might have an item or the likes that allows her to glamour into a more common race; Lalafell being the only reasonable thing, methinks.

As for stepping aside from my 'usual group'? Ehh, typically I'm not noticed since I'm a potato, so no need to worry about that :D

Actually, this concurs with most of my statement. : ) It is met with controversy and it is mostly only possible within a group that accepts it, such as a company, but going outward would be difficult, which is what I meant by making their own story. It'd be little different than people players playing as pet and mounts from other MMOs. It's rare, but people have done it. But in the end, your RP will rely on the availability of the people in that group.

This person has a couple threads up in the character workshop RE: their concept, so I'm not gonna reiterate the stuff that's being discussed there.

I'd definitely recommend making sure the leader of any FC or LS you contact is up to date on your concept before you talk about the finer points of joining, but that aside: I think sorting out what type of scenes you want to RP on your character would probably help people think of a way to involve her with theirs!

Like, there's several angles I can see. Assuming you're looking for relatively light-hearted roleplay (correct me if I'm wrong)!: lonely outcasts to befriend, Shroud-based taverns or clans to integrate with, conjurers to speak with about the state of the forest...

Once you know what you're looking for, it'll be easier to try and find it. :D

With that in mind, it might be worth looking through the Linkshell Hall and Free Company Hall for any potential, probably Shroud-based groups you think might suit the overall "feel" you're going for with the character. Contact the leader, ask about the LS/FC's stance on non-standard characters such as beast tribe roleplayers, and go from there.

It could theoretically get rp. I saw a person who was a glamoured sylph in their search info just yesterday.

... that one is this one.

And while most people I've interacted with actually really like her, a majority of people seem to ignore her altogether. So I'd say finding RP partners isn't always easy with a character so unusual, but if you can really stick the landing on playing them people will absolutely love you once they get to know you.