omggg there's a new Berserk anime?!

And that's about where your excitement will end. The animation is a jarring combination of bad CGI and hand drawn parts, the pacing is piss poor, presentation is lacking quite a lot. Third episode came out today and after the patented "three episode test" I wouldn't recommend watching this...read the manga instead.

And that's about where your excitement will end. The animation is a jarring combination of bad CGI and hand drawn parts, the pacing is piss poor, presentation is lacking quite a lot. Third episode came out today and after the patented "three episode test" I wouldn't recommend watching this...read the manga instead.

Dang... That's disappointing and I freaking love Berserk.

I will give the show this...they had the balls to include *ahem* the horse scene in the third episode.

I would still say if you like Berserk maybe give it a shot and you might like it better than I do, but as a fan I'm not super hyped about the anime due to the shortcomings I listed.

The show has a lot (and I mean a LOT) of shortcomings but on the plus side (even if they are/have skipped quite a bit it seems like) it is post-eclipse/Black Swordsman arc stuff that's being animated. So...there is that. And it has some moments where it is REALLY good but they're just that...moments. =/

Also yes, I was pretty certain they were going to leave that out of episode three LOL but they went for it.

I'm watching in hopes (desperate hopes) that it gets better as it goes.