Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 1st Monday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah dang, I'm sadly working late and can't be there for this, but it sounds like a ton of fun! I hope to be able to participate in the future!

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to attend, but rest assured that the chatlog for every Story-Go-Round gets posted into this thread for people to read and enjoy, just in case they can't make it! ^_^

[align=center][align=center]The Monkey & The Rooster[/align]

[19:05]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Our story begins with an old monkey; he is tired and his bones ache.  He's seen many moons and has lived a robust life filled with many great memories and many sad ones as well.  He had no complaints about his life, though, save one.  He had never fallen in love, never found a suitable mate, and thus had no children to pass his legacy."

[19:07]Syranelle Ironleaf: "He sat in his tree pondering this fact, even lamenting it a bit, when a spry young Rooster came walking beneath his tree.  'Hey, hey you up there!' the Rooster crowed, 'Why the long face?  It's a bright, beautiful day!  The sun is shining, the clouds are fluffy, so there's no reason to be so unhappy!'"

[19:10]Syranelle Ironleaf: For a moment, the Elezen pauses, peering at the empty right side of the stage.  Her nose twitched a moment, but she simply smiled and continued.  "I am uhappy," said Monkey, "because when I die there is no one to carry on after me and I, sadly, feel that my time is coming soon.  Everything I know, everything I remember, it will all perish with me and all I know will be lost."  Rooster let his comb flop over to one side, upset.  "O-oh, I see.  That /is/ very sad.  Don't you have any children?"

[19:16]Valgus Arvina: The weary old Monkey shook his head slowly, grimacing. As if he needed yet another reminder that he lacked the one thing he wanted the most! "I've none, Rooster. I have seen many winters and many summers. Indeed, the day is beautiful. The sun shines, the clouds fluff! Yet I have -seen- these things. I have known them for many and more years. Who will remember me when the long sleep comes for me? Who will carry on my legacy?" The Monkey shook his head once more, groaning with exasperation.-

[19:16]Valgus Arvina: Rooster scuffed his talons on the dirt and bobbled his head thoughtfully. Then, he cawed with a realization! "Monkey! Let go your despair! For just yonder, o'er the hills, there is another tree. Another Monkey! Quite fetching, if I may say so! Come down from your tree. Walk with me and together, we will meet her!"

[19:22]Rin Miyama: The poor old monkey, though his eyes perked up, still held onto a shred of doubt within his heart. He had lived a fulfilling life with suceeding at many feats, yet he had never known the simple joys of shared compassion. "All right, Rooster. I will follow you. But please, do not raise my hopes so high that my heart breaks when they fall." And at that, the pair set off. By the sun setting, they finally crested the last of the hills between the trees, a fair female monkey perched in though.

[19:22]Rin Miyama: thought.)

[19:22]Rin Miyama: "There, for your own eyes to see, another monkey such as yourself!" Indeed, the fair monkey appeared alone, however the older monkey knew not what to say. He simply stood, eyes trained on her swaying tail, until it finally gave an annoyed flick. "Well, what is it you are after?" Her voice rang clear in the evening air. "My time is precious, and I know not who you are, or why you have arrived?" All ready, the poor old monkeys heart sank.

[19:25]Syranelle Ironleaf: Monkey cringed, looking at Rooster in askance.  What was he supposed to do?  Beaming, the Rooster knew /exactly/ what to do to impress the ladies.  He was, after all, the master of his henhouse!  So, he demonstrated his rooster'ish prowess for Monkey.  Up and down the road Rooster strutted, comb all a-waggle.  He shook his long, luxurious tail-feathers, making quite a display of himself.  He scratched and pranced before ending it with a mighty crow, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" >>

[19:27]Syranelle Ironleaf: Not knowing what else to do, Monkey saw, so Monkey did.  He strutted around, flapping his arms and waggling his head.  He turned his backside toward the She-Monkey and waggled his tail in what he hoped was an alluring fashion.  At the end of it, he puffed out his chest and yelled in all his Monkey glory, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!"  Then they waited to see the She-Monkey's reaction.

[19:32]Syranelle Ironleaf: "N-no... NO!" Monkey protested.  "I am shamed, look, she won't even speak!"  Monkey threw up his hands in despair and fled the hilltop.  However, Rooster was undaunted.  He turned to the She-Monkey, "My friend is simply so enamored with your beauty that he feels he must find a gift worthy of such magnificence!"  He winked and chased after his Monkey-friend.

[19:34]Syranelle Ironleaf: Rooster chased after Monkey, finally catching up to him near a spring.  "Look, you can't just DO that!" Rooster admonished.  "You don't just leave a lady standing there like that.  It's rude!"  Monkey wrung his hands, aggrieved.  "What am I to do?  What must she think of me?  I can't go back!  I won't!"  The Monkey seemed on the verge of panic.  "Calm down, calm down..." Rooster reassured his friend.  "We can fix this still!"

[19:40]Rin Miyama: Little did the old monkey know, a small butterfly had flitted from the budding flowers within the tree that held the fair monkey. "Dear, whaat is it that has you so speechless?" the whisper-like voice of the butterfly questioned. "You have told me stories of a strong, courageous monkey many a times, and the day I finally resolve to make my way over the hells to his tree, he shows up and makes a bafoon of himself!"

[19:40]Rin Miyama: Gently, the butterfly perched atop the sh-monkey's head, "Must I remind you of your younger days, chasing the tails of dimwitted monkeys half your age?" At that, the she-monkey grimaced as the butterfly giggled. "Perhaps. But I would like to see if this fool learns to follow his own mind, rather than the bird-brain of that rooster." At that, the pair giggled. However beyond the hills at that lonely spring, sat the old lonely monkey...

[19:43]Rin Miyama: "Fix this? I sounded like an old rooster with a frog in it's throat!" the old monkey groaned, burying his face within his palms. "No! All will be well!" the rooster insisted, "You simply must bring her a fine gift! Few things swoon ladies such as reminders of their own beauty!" The old monkey paused, staring within the spring. "Butt what out there would match the living beauty of one such as herself?" he pondered. The rooster guffawed, "Living beauty? Hah! You must find the shiniest bauble!"

[19:44]Rin Miyama: "It will outlast any /living/ beauty." With a confident nod and wobble of his comb, the rooster stamped his clawed foot. "I've swooned many a hens with the smoothest of rocks and the most glittering of coins!" His feathers ruffled as the monkey sighed, "It is simple!"

[19:47]Syranelle Ironleaf: "What could I bring her that could match her beauty?" Monkey bemoaned.  Rooster crowed triumphantly, "Why, bring her that right there!"  He pointed to the reflection of the moon on the water of the spring.  "That's the biggest pearl I've ever seen, that's sure to win her heart!"  Monkey looked at the luminescent glow of the moon, not realizing it wasn't a stone.  "Y-yes... look at it, so big, shiny, and round... it's perfect!"  Immediately, Monkey leapt into the water with a huge splash! >>

[19:47]Redrick Rumata looks at you in shock!

[19:48]Ellmida Westrose waves to Arkyen Ortiz.

[19:49]Syranelle Ironleaf: Yet, the ripples of the broken water fanned out across the surface, scattering the image of the moon.  "No, wait, where did it go?!" Monkey exclaimed in dismay, splashing his hands around in the water, frantically searching for the 'pearl'.  "Where did it go?!  Rooster, help me!"  He whimpered.  "O-oh, uh... we roosters don't care for water.  I'm afraid you're on your own!"

[19:51]Syranelle Ironleaf: Monkey flailed around in the water, clearly making no headway at all.  The 'pearl' was gone.  He gave up and swam back to shore, now waterlogged and even /more/ unhappy than before.  "Maybe I'll just go back to my tree," he said dejectedly.  Rooster made his way over to his friend.  "You can't give up, surely there's something else a nice She-Monkey could want!"

[19:54]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Maybe, but it's too late now."  Monkey said, making his way back to his own tree.  Rooster trailed after him, still prattling on incessantly.  "What about food?  Or gems?  Or small woodland creatures?  Ladies like to hug things!"  The Rooster nodded sagely.  He knew these things, great ladies' man that he was.  "No, no... None of that.  It would have to be something extraordinarily special to overcome this humiliation."

[19:55]Syranelle Ironleaf: Then, it occurred to the Monkey that he knew of /exactly/ the right thing.  There was a flower at the very top of his tree; it was exceptionally rare, blooming only once in his lifetime.  Surely that would be worthy of the She-Monkey!  With a gleeful smile, he took of running for his home-tree.  Rooster, thinking he'd all but given up, set to chasing after him.

[19:57]Ryouta Sakamoto: On the brink of dawn, the duo arrived to the Monkey's home, and utilizing his acrobatic prowess he swung back and forth through the bough, up the branches and to the top... only to find that the flower was nowhere to be found! Shocked, stunned by this and in peril, he asked the skies for an answer... only to hear nothing. Until...

[19:59]Ryouta Sakamoto: Monkey's eyes fell from the blue sea above down to his companion, indeed, the very individual who had swooned many before with those magnificent feathers. Those feathers which... caught the glimpse of the sun. Was the answer in front of him all along? "Rooster!" He called out. "I have a favor to ask."

[20:04]Rin Miyama: "Please, Rooster, fetch the lovely monkey from her tree! I have something even more splendid than the pearl within the spring! And hurry!" At that, the rooster fluffed his feathers and tossed his comb, "I will be back before you can say--" "Hurry!" the the monkey cut off the rooster before delving back into his tree. Off scurried the fowl, grumbling to himself as he went. All the while the old monkey set to his plan. Barely enough time to spare, by the time the rooster had returned with >>

[20:06]Rin Miyama: the she-monkey, the air surrounding the tree was alight with the faint buzzing and gentle pulsing lights of fireflies. Stopping in wonder, the she-monkey felt a smile tug at the corners of her lips. During her hurried walk, she had wondered what the old monkey had in store as the rooster had squawked to her about his amazing and wondrously vague plan. As agile and dextrous as a leaf floating through the wind, she lept and climbed into the tree.

[20:12]Zhan'a Rakhin: The she-monkey poked at a passing firefly, holding out a lanky arm to the glittering display. "I have never seen so many in one place," she manages as the insects twirl about. "What is your secret?" With a sly grin, Monkey shook his head. "No secret! Fireflies love to perform is all. The problem is just getting them in one spot. I didn't have any sheet music for them, so it turned into a bit of an improv-" His words are cut off when his lady friend gave him a quick hug, fireflies sitting on ~

[20:14]Zhan'a Rakhin: each of her ears before they began to dance. So close, she could hear the faintest voices as they sang. Or possibly sang. It might just have been a very loud rustle of the wings, but close enough. However, one particularly bright firelight came between the couple as they parted. "We danced for the lady, so where's the pay, fur brain?" came a tiny voice. Monkey blanched under his fur. He hadn't thought that part through. "Well, I do have one thing..."

[20:18]Syranelle Ironleaf: Monkey took the fireflies into his tree, gesturing to it with a hand.  "This is the oldest and hardiest tree in the land.  You are welcome to make your home here for as long as you live."  The fireflies seemed overjoyed at this revelation and danced around the monkey pair while below Rooster let out a joyous crow.  "That's the spirit!  I knew you could do it!"  The Monkey smiled at his friend and nodded.  "You did, if it wasn't for you, I would not have had the courage to do this."  >>

[20:20]Syranelle Ironleaf: Monkey looked up at his tree, now lit by fireflies.  "They will need someone to watch over them, though, when I am gone."  He looked down at his feathered friend.  "Perhaps when that time comes, you'll take over guardianship of this tree?"  Rooster stared up at his friend, humbled.  "I... I would be honored to look after your tree and our bright little friends.  They were the key to your happiness after so long a life, after all!"

[20:23]Syranelle Ironleaf: And so it was that the Monkey moved forward in happiness and in love.  He continued to grow old, as time took its toll, so when he came near to the end of his life he sent for his old friend the Rooster.  The finely-feathered fowl stood at his bedside, too strong and brave to weep.  "I'm here, old friend, to fulfill my promise."  Monkey looked up at him, smiling.  "Good, I have just one last thing to tell you..."

[20:25]Ryouta Sakamoto: "I love you, Rooster." Monkey croked and fell to his long sleep where he would be with the she-monkey, happily ever after... which brings us to Rooster. He sat there alone, in his new tree fort. "I suppose it's time to find someone else to help now." He cracked open an adult beverage and pondered the future.

[20:26]Ryouta Sakamoto: Rooster wasn't as popular as he made himself up to be, no, he was quite lonely and in fact had many unsavory addictions. However, helping others kept him from the bottle, and packed up his feathers and made for a new friend, the fireflies would surely watch over the sacred tree.

[20:27]Ryouta Sakamoto: Fret not, I will not leave you all empty-handed. For it was one fateful night that lead the Rooster to the bar, where he found another like he, a drunk Hen. The two of them exchanged words and interests, and this will wrap up the story of the Rooster and the Monkey.

[/align]

• 3 weeks later...

Argh, Real Life circumstances have come up that have made it impossible for me to be home in time to host this tonight.  So we're postponing until Monday, February 13th @ 8pm!  I apologize sincerely for any inconvenience, but Life, sadly, has to come first.

I hope to see everyone on Monday!

February 2017

[19:04]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Our story begins in the snowy climes of the North, by the humble fire of a young man in the Brume.  His name was Andre and there was but one real way he could find warmth in the snowy climes -- and that was by thinking of his One True Love, a beautiful high-born lady of House Bellacoise named Isabeau." >>

[19:06]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Yet, what graceful beauty would ever accept a low-born knave from the Brume as a suitor?  This kept Andre depressed for days on end as he sought for a way to woo the heart of the woman he loved.  He made it a point to learn what her favorite food was, her favorite song, anything she loved, he learned of.  Yet, how could he use this to procure her heart?"

[19:08]Ellmida Westrose: "But Andre knew that he had to put the horse before the cart and sought first to discover these things Isabeau loved then somehow in some way he might be able to put them together and achieve success"

[19:11]Ellmida Westrose: "Now Andre was not very smart, he was not strong nor rich, but he was determined and he was a romantic, raised as he was on the legends and myths that his grandmother told him and he knew of one legend that he thought might be able to serve him in his quest, were it true.

[19:17]Tarixxian Voren: "The legend called for a man or woman of little worth to be heroic and stalwart in the name of love for his desired lover, but it all had to begin with an act of inviting them to notice their presence, despite all odds."

[19:19]Tarixxian Voren: "But mere gifts and low-brow acts of affection could not truly affect one, could it? One would not be able to give notice to such small deeds, or so Andre thought with his... slightly less than impressive intelligence."

[19:23]Karaan Nolan:  The young man tried to search through the Brume a way to learn how to attract the lovely attention of his desired flame. After a few unsucessful try to get his love attention, the man feels despair and solitude, sure there would be a way for him to overcome the odd and become one with his love, to make her see him first.

[19:26]Karaan Nolan: André looks through the wreckage of an old house, wondering if the Brume would be his last destination, hearing once again the enthralling voice of his desired flame, when the man stumbles on an old dusty book. He lowers his eyes on it and dusts away the cover. "Dad's Guide Book 2 : How to get the girl in 10'000 steps..." The book was enormous, but the lowborn without anyother option for the moment, starts to read through it, like his own life depends on it.

[19:29]Syranelle Ironleaf: The very first rule in the Guide:  "Treat her like dirt.  Women like when you're mean to them.  It helps them understand their place in the world."  Andre wasn't altogether sure about this, but he also wasn't very smart.  So he ingested that rule and tried to find one that would help him even /meet/ his beloved Isabeau.  Finally, he came upon it as he turned the page.  Rule #42: >>

[19:30]Syranelle Ironleaf:  The rule state:  "Run into her.  A lot.  Even on purpose if you have to."  Of course!  Why hadn't Andre thought of that himself?  He could just fabricate some accident to run into her!  That would work, right?  Of course it would.  She went often to the Jeweled Crozier, surely he could catch her there!

[19:34]Ellmida Westrose: Now with a plan Andre walked with purpose to the Jeweled Crozier and finally after waiting for what seemed hours he spied his beloved from behind. Girding himself Andre ran with great determination and surprising eagerness at force toward the woman, perhaps a bit too forcefully.

[19:35]Ellmida Westrose: "As he came upon the woman he soon realized he had misjudged his speed, but lacking the distance to stop he could only close his eyes and brace himself as both he and the lady tumbled together onto the ground."

[19:40]Tarixxian Voren: "The two fell into quite the messy lump. He appeared unscathed, but she was worse-for-wear. He had spoiled her freshly cleaned clothes and frazzled her hair, you see. Despite this, Andre looked to the Elezen's face, admiring her features as if they were precious art in a museum."

[19:44]Tarixxian Voren: "'W-woah!' he exclaimed as he tumbled to the ground. Isabeau simply gave him a look of shock. He stood and brushed off his — already dirty from the start — clothes before awkwardly smiling at her. 'H-hi, m-miss Isabeau!' he said with an attempted charming smile."

[19:48]Karaan Nolan: the young man blinks after trying to charm Isabeau with his smile. He remembers the first rule of the Dad's Guide to woman, being mean to them. So after standing up, he was about to offer his hand to her, to help her get up, but when the woman reach for it, he removes it and frowns at her. "You could use those two icy beautiful eyes  to look for you're going, Miss." In his mind, he grins, because he was mean but at the same time, telling her she had beautiful eyes, woman surely loves that.

[19:50]Karaan Nolan: He dusts off his dirty clothes and smiles at her after a minute, Miss Isabeau still unsure what was happening in front of her, this lowborn ramming, literally into her, was not almost insulting her. She blinks and looks at the mess on the ground, her linen and clothes were spread around them. "Sorry." She mumbles, unsure while she tries to collect her thing and leaves the Market as fast as possible.

[19:52]Kate Fletcher: "Andre stood there in disbelief! How could it not work? It had to work! But there she went, away from him once again. Little time did he have to even remember being so close to her... he touched her.. he looked into her eyes. That Twelve-damned book, it was all that book's fault! He sighed heavily but suddenly a tap came upon his shoulder. Turning, Andrea saw a Merchant, holding a book out to him."

[19:54]Kate Fletcher: "I think you dropped this." said the merchant before handing it over and going back about his business. Andre looked down and opened the strange tome he'd never seen before.. and... WHAT THIS? Drawings of him? Oh dear, she must have dropped this! Is it true, did she fawn over him just as much as he did her? And the pictures.. was he really that toned, and why was he shirtless in them all?"

[19:57]Kei Aozora: "And then, as realization dawned upon him, the man was filled ith irrepressible joy. He hugged the book tightly to his chest, cherishing it as if he held the writer, the object of his affection, within his arms as surely as he did the tome. Again, his eyes travel downwards, fingers tracing his own likeness, nodding with approval at the much improved musculature and physique. Damn, he looked good, was this how she pictured him? As he so did idolize her? But, it was not the time for speculation..

[19:59]Kei Aozora: "There she was! Right before him, and in his hand, he held proof, a sign of the return of his love. He starts to follow, and soon, he find her. There she stood, the very image of beauty, a shy smile on ehr face as she spoke with.....What? And there, standing before her, was another man! A man that bore his likeness, but everyone of his finer points enhanced. His clothing, his poise, his grace, all were the image of perfection, and he realized, that THIS was the man in ehr book.

[20:03]Syranelle Ironleaf: Woe was Andre!  Yet, so was jealousy.  As he gazed upon this other man who held his countenance, but in better ways than he himself did, Andre felt a fury bubble in him that he struggled to contain.  He flipped open 'Dad's Guide to Girls' again, hoping to find some manner of solace.  Rule #21:  "Don't let anyone steal your girl.  Women like for men to fight over them.  So, fight!"  Yes!  Fight!  He would prove his love for Isabeau once and for all in a daring battle of fisticuffs! >>

[20:05]Syranelle Ironleaf: Rather than slink away, Andre approached the two of them and handed Isabeau her sketchbook.  " 'Ware and unwelcome, thou art, knave!"  Andre said, trying to sound noble.  "Have at thee for the hand of yon fairest maiden!  I challenge...est thou -- thee? -- to a duel most honorable!"

[20:09]Ellmida Westrose: "The man turned to Andre with such confusion. Who was this strange boy to make such outrageous requests and, to his surprise appeared to be near to his exact double as anyone could be.  This caused the man so much confusion that he was not prepared when Andre, in his eagerness landed a well placed punch on his nose!"

[20:12]Ellmida Westrose: Isabeau cried out in surprise "Anthoni!" For while Andre did not have great strength he did manage to make a well fine go of it. Anthoni clutched his nose as Andre shook his hand vigorously, unprepared for the recoil of such a blow even as the local soldiers began to intervene"

[20:16]Tarixxian Voren: "Andre stumbled back and smiled at his lover. 'Isabeau!' he exclaimed. 'Your hero has arrived to save you from this horrid beast of a man!'.

[20:20]Tarixxian Voren: She tilted her head at the strange man that began to assault her betrothed. "You have saved me?" she asked. "And of what account has Anthoni done anything to warrant such a punishment?" She took a moment to ask the guard to halt for a mere minute. "Speak, please."

[20:22]Kidav Ostinato: Andre turned from Isabeau to the man, pointing a finger accusingly at him. "This man is an imp, glamoured to look like me! He has deceived you my love! Pray, let us leave before he decides to pull some trick on us!" He thrusts his arm out, finger pointed at the man, who, expectedly, had quite the offended look on his face.

[20:25]Kidav Ostinato: "Excuse me." The man, Anthoni, said, his fingers pressed to his nose. "I am no Imp. I am the man who was arranged to wed Lady Isabeau. Please unhand my beloved or I shall be forced to have the guards to remove you, or worse." He said.

[20:28]Syranelle Ironleaf: This wasn't turning out how Andre thought it would at all.  "No, you are an imp!" he declared as confidently as he could.  He even advanced on Anthoni and grabbed on to one of the other Elezen's ears, pulling on it harshly.  "I will unmask thee, fiend!"  He pulled.  And pulled.  And pulled.  But the mask did not come away.  This was some strong magic, indeed! >>

[20:30]Syranelle Ironleaf: Tired of having his ear pulled, Anthoni slapped Andre's hand away.  "Brumite trash, go back to your alley and whatever trash pile you crawled out of!"  Andre bravely held his ground, though, inclining his chin with pride.  "N-no!"  he contested.  "I will not leave until Isabeau is mine!"  The woman of his dreams looked at him, aghast.  "But I don't want YOU."

[20:33]Ellmida Westrose: "Andre staggered at Isabeau's words, stunned into silence. "But how, cou can you not want for me? Do you not see that you are betrothed to my own image?" Anthoni growled in fury at Andre "That is none my fault, and it is you who appear as I do, you weakling swine." Deep as they were in their argument the two men failed to notice the growing concern on Isabeu's face as she clutched a small oval jewel.

[20:36]Ellmida Westrose: "I don't want you!" Cried Isabeau once more "It wasn't supposed to work out this way. Truly I had hoped you would disappear" Anthoni then turned to Isabeau, for what could she mean by this he inquired. "You are his better half." and she held the jewel for both men  to see

[20:43]Tarixxian Voren: "'B-but Isabeau!' both of the men exclaimed, their mouths agape with concern and confusion. 'What could you possibly mean by this, my love?' Anthoni asked, attempting to embrace his — former? — lover.

[20:46]Tarixxian Voren: She furrowed her brow at the men and clutched the stone. 'If neither of you leave me this instant I will set these guards upon you without thought!' To this, both men took a step back, leading them to be in thought."

[20:48]Syranelle Ironleaf: Rejected!  Both of them!  Anthoni and Andre stood, staring at Isabeau for a long moment.  Then they looked at each other.  "You heard the lady," Anthoni said, giving a shrug and a sigh.  Andre looked at his mirror image, mimicking that shrug.  "Yeah, this has really been /way/ too much work for one woman.  Do you like cider?  The Forgotten Knight serves a great cider."  Anthoni smiled, nodding.  "Sure." >>

[20:51]Syranelle Ironleaf: The two men turned to leave, Isabeau staring after them.  "W-what... Wait, no!" she cried.  "You're supposed to be under my spell--!"  She clutched the onyx stone all the harder.  "You're supposed to love me!"  She stamped a foot, her face red with indignation.  "Father will only leave me his fortune if I marry, so one of you GET BACK HERE."

[21:00]Ellmida Westrose: Well that was that, Isabeau stared at the magic jewel in frustration and cast it aside, causing it to shatter into a thousand tiny shards, it was no mistake she loved Anthoni but strangely it was a selfish love and now it was all coming full circle. After all as much as she cared for Anthoni she had refused to share his love for Andre and had as we discover sought to alter their memories of the two men who shared each other's likeness."

[21:02]Ellmida Westrose: Meanwhile at the Forgotten Knight the shattering of the jewel began to take hold and the enchantment slowly began to fall away even as Isabeau conspired new ways to steal Anthoni's singular love and thereby gain her father's fortune.

[21:08]Tarixxian Voren: "'She planned to use us,' said Anthoni. 'Using us to better herself, while also causing harm to us as well.' To this, Andre nodded. "I thought of her as my... star-shown lover too!' The two discussed this grief over their fresh cups of cider.

[21:10]Tarixxian Voren: "'I never would have thought it too.' Anthoni sighed and looked to Andre. 'Both of us were never meant for her, friend. At least I see it as that way."

[21:12]Syranelle Ironleaf: And so it was that Isabeau's spell was broken.  Anthoni and Andre recalled a life-long friendship they had long before Isabeau came along to steal Anthoni away.  Jealous of their closeness, Isabeau fashioned the jewel to seal away their memories of each other.  In truth, they were the dearest of friends who never would have let a woman come between them.  >>

[21:13]Syranelle Ironleaf: To this day, it is rumored that Isabeau still plots in Ishgard, waiting to find the right man to succumb to her wiles.  Therefore, be cautious in who you give your heart to.  As for Anthoni and Andre...?  Well, let's just say they lived happily ever after.

[align=center]The Gridania Story-Go-Round is moving to the FIRST MONDAY of each month, due to Real Life conflicts on Thursdays.  We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to seeing everyone again!  o/[/align]

[align=center](As always, feel free to take our flyer and redistribute at-will!)[/align]

[align=center]tumblr_olcks6Famn1uyj2o7o1_540.jpg[/align]

This was so much fun! We should do some kind of collaboration sometime!

I always welcome guest hosts!  Guest hosts basically take on my role as story starter and general story shepherd.  But I'm open to other ideas for collaboration and involvement!  Feel free to drop me a PM or contact me on Discord (Syranelle Ironleaf#1384)

• 3 weeks later...

March 2017

[19:10]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Our story begins with our favorite Pomvestigator Mogshu! He's been quite industrious lately, but strange happenings have been going on in the Shroud and his ears have been bent toward rumors of some strange creature roaming beneath the canopy. People say that this creature is difficult to catch and hard to glimpse, but our good Pomvestigator is never daunted!"

[19:12]Syranelle Ironleaf: "The rumors bespoke of a small creature with bright red hair and garments of all green. People murmured that it was called a 'leperous khan' or... something of that sort. Pomvestigator Mogshu, still undaunted, held no fear of this bizarre set of circumstances and set forth to conduct yet another brilliant investigation!"

[19:16]Syranelle Ironleaf: First things first, Mogshu decided. He went to the last known sighting of this 'leperous khan' which was at the Stillglade Fane. Away Mogshu went to the humble little glade of the Conjurers where he began to make his first inquiries. A young, distraught conjurer girl caught his eye so he flapped over and asked his first questions.

[19:19]Syranelle Ironleaf: "You there, Miss! Could you tell me what's bothering you so, kupo?" Mogshu asked, trying to put a note of concern in his voice. The young woman wrung her hands, twining her robe about them in her worry. "I saw a terrible little imp, I'm quite sure of it! It was green and had hair like flames! It cackled and capered around me, squalling something about treasure at the end of the rainbow! I don't even know what that means...!" She sobbed, dramatically.

[19:24]Karaan Nolan: Mogshu tilts his head and blinks at the strange description of the creature. "Are you sure, Kupo?" The young woman nods in shock and points in direction of the Black Shroud."It went that way! Screaming and Swearing at everything!" She exclaims herself. Moghsu puts his finger and whistle for his faithful assistant for this mission. A big gobbue bursts through the tree and stops near the flying Moogle, hiding his identity with his little mask. "Mysterious Kupo-Friend, we needs to go deeper -c-

[19:26]Karaan Nolan: into the Shroud." Mogshu lands on the shoulder the Gobbue and walks in the direction of the woman points. The Pomvestigator keeps his eyes open, using the the height to scout the area, making sure to ask his friend not to step on anything that would trouble people or animals in the region. "So...the strange creature lives at the end of rainbow."

[19:29]Syranelle Ironleaf: Now, thus armed with his side-kick, The Moss, Mogshu searched the area high and low for any signs of a clue. And... a clue did he find! A strange patch of clover was growing in the shade of the trees, that seemed to form a path of sorts out of the Fane and into Gridania proper. "Oh, goodness, kupo, if that thing is loose in the city there's no telling what kind of havoc it might cause!" The Moss grunted in agreement and the great goobbue lumbered off, following the strange clovers.

[19:31]Syranelle Ironleaf: They were led outward into Gridania, the path hooking back around to the Botanist's Guild. Mogshu inquired with them and, sure enough, he received reports of the strange 'leperous khan'. Again, descriptions of a green-clad, fiery-haired imp were reported and Mogshu became certain that they were on the trail of some new, hideous voidsent! "This cannot stand, kupo!" he said to The Moss, "It simply cannot!"

[19:38]Aldis Sigurdardottir: They pick up the trail of the clovers leading farther into Gridania, and as they neared the carpenters guildhall, they heard a ruckus scream coming from the tavern. They raced off towards it expecting to find the fiend attacking the people of Gridania. What they found though surprised them greatly. They were not screams of terror, but ones of delight! "What is all this, Kupo!" Mogshu rubbed is eyes and gazed again at the scene.

[19:41]Aldis Sigurdardottir: They little green clad creature, smelling soundly of wine, was dancing around from table to table casting magic from his hands and lighting his own hair on fire before putting it out again with a quick water spell. The patrons were laughing in delight as he danced from table to table casting his spells and singing an odd little tune in a high pitched voice....

[19:44]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirash life fer me...!" The little fellow slurred as he wobbled and wiggled all around. Upon closer inspection, though, Mogshu came to realize that this wasn't an imp at all. Not even the ghost of a void-sent! The creature they were pursuing so adamantly was nothing more than a drunken lalafell. "Fiddle-de-dee, shome kinda lyricsh... a pirash life fer me..." Mogshu seemed quite disappointed this was the case. His special Pomvestigator skills would be wasted on this!

[19:46]Syranelle Ironleaf: He sighed lamentedly, flopping on top of the Moss's head disconsolately. "Well, what do we do now, kupo?" The Moss grunted, lumbering back and forth across the doorway to the Carline Canopy, it would be rude of a creature of his size to go in. The drunken lalafell got up onto one of the tables, shimmying and dancing in a display of the worst kind of dancing, if it could even be called dancing. Mogshu groaned, covering his face with both paws. "Oh, the indignity of it all, kupo!"

[19:52]Karaan Nolan: Moghsu studies the lalafell dancing ritual and blinks." Moss, do you think that this ...man of a Lalafell is trying to seduce a few of the patron in the Canopy. The Pomvestigator sighs and flies inside the Canopy, keeping his detective skills on alert, wondering if the drunken lalafell was just an act to disturb the investigator. The Drunken fellow stumbles off the table and walks near the counter, odering more of ale and hard liquor. It is then, that Mogshu and a few of the patron inside the -c

[19:53]Karaan Nolan: see a small chest filled with gil and ruby being pulls out of his pocket. The Druken Lalafell pays his due and drags his new treasure back to a table, starting to drink more and enjoys the company of a few new friends, who seems to have gain interest in this little person.

[19:56]Syranelle Ironleaf: More than a few people eyed the drunken lalafell's treasure covetously; it would be an easy thing to steal from someone so drunk. However, Mother Miounne would likely not appreciate such trouble brought to the Canopy, so her presence lent them pause. As everyone began to stare at the lalafell, Mogshu took it upon himself to do likewise. It was then he noticed that the lalafell in question wasn't /quite/ an exact match for his perpetrator.

[19:58]Syranelle Ironleaf: The lalafell had more strawberry-blond hair than fiery red. And while his shirt was green, the rest of his outfit was not. The conjurer and the botanist had both agreed: fiery red hair and an outfit of ALL green. Could it be this was /not/ his quarry? The game was, once again, afoot! Mogshu scurried out to The Moss, his goobbue friend outside. "We've been misled and our quarry gone astray, kupo! We must find the trail again before it goes completely cold!"

[20:03]Aldis Sigurdardottir: Mogshu and The Moss return the the last location they had followed the clovers to before getting distracted by the screams. Once back by the carpenters guild they noticed the trail did not lead to the tavern but towards north towards the leatherworks. "Ah ha! Kupo. We must not allow it to thwart us again." He climbed back ontoThe Moss' shoulder and they raced north on the trail once more.

[20:09]Aldis Sigurdardottir: As they neared the bridge to the leatherworks they happened upon a you elezen with a frightened look on his face. "Young lad, did you see a strange creature wonder this way, kupo?" Shaken, the boy sputtered in response. "Th-th-ata way..." He points north toward the direction of the falls.

[20:11]Syranelle Ironleaf: Hot on the trail, Mogshu stood atop his moss-covered friend and pointed exhuberantly with a paw. "Tally-ho, kupo!" He crowed as the goobbue lumbered in that direction. Sure enough, as they rounded the bend toward Apkallu Falls they caught a brief glimps of something fiery red and vibrant green. "There it goes!" Mogshu said excitedly, digging his heels into the top of The Moss' head. "Go, go, kupo!"

[20:14]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Moss trundled forward determinedly, but even the goobbue's ardent strides couldn't catch them up to their fleet-footed quarry. They came around the bend into the glade with the falls, nothing but the sound of the water to greet their ears. "Where did it go, kupo?" Mogshu peered intently at the area, looking for any clues. Again, the clover-strewn trail led right up to the water's edge. Could it be hiding behind the waterfall itself or in the water?

[20:16]Syranelle Ironleaf: With no other recourse, Mogshu dove into the waters of the falls from the top of The Moss' head. "You stay here and keep watch that he doesn't escape, kupo!" he ordered his plant-like friend. The Moss grunted and stayed put. Around and around Mogshu swam, looking for any sign of the 'leperous khan'. He thought he might run out of breath or out of pond, one or the other, but finally he came across a foot! A green-booted foot! He latched onto it with both paws, coming up for air.

[20:18]Syranelle Ironleaf: "I have you now, kupo!" he said triumphantly, hauling the booted foot up to the surface. Only... it wasn't a foot. It was just a boot. He'd been tricked! Bamboozled! Ohh, this was a tricky, tricksy foe! Mogshu took the boot with him, slogging back to the shore with The Moss as he shook out his sodden fur. "Did you see him leave?" The Moss indicated that no, he hadn't. "Where could he have gone?"

[20:23]Aldis Sigurdardottir: Stumbed, Mogshu thinks for a moment. As he stands there looking around a beam of light hits the water fall causing a rainbow prism of light to reflect off the waters. An idea comes to his head as he remembers what the young lady had first told him. "The end of the rainbow, Kupo!" He points to the waterfall. "He must have a hideout behind there, kupo!" The Moss lumbered up to the falls and stuck his head under the water. The waterfall split as the goobues massive head redirected -c-

[20:25]Aldis Sigurdardottir: the flow of water. Behind was indeed a small cave leading into a dark cavern, one unfortunately too small for the large goodbue. "Looks like I'll have to chase him alone from here, kupo." He looks at the dark opening and gulps. "Well, wish me luck, kupo!"

[20:27]Syranelle Ironleaf: Bravely, Mogshu entered the cave behind the falls. It was so small and cramped that he had to bend his pom just to fit inside. This 'leperous khan' must be a slippery creature, indeed! It was so dark in here though, how could anyone see? Sticking his tiny paws out in front of him, Mogshu made his way carefully forward. At least it was so cramped that there was no way his quarry was getting by him to escape! "Come out!" Mogshu demanded. "You're cornered!"

[20:30]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Ohoho... you think so? You think so?" replied a squeaky voice from the darkness. "How do you know? Answer my riddle and I'll tell you true, little furry-finder."

[20:35]Agnos Le'maudit: "A riddle!?" Mogshu yells in dismay. All this chasing, all this brainwork...and he has to solve a riddle now? "You know, I enjoy a good prank as much as the other, but a riddle, kupo?" He continues to push through the darkness as he speaks, as if in defiance. "Alright then," he huffs, "give me your best shot, kupo!"

[20:38]Agnos Le'maudit: "You will always find me in the past," the voice recites. Clearly practiced, Mogshu thinks. "I can be created in the present, But the future can never taint me. What am I?"

[20:39]Agnos Le'maudit: "History," Mogshu replies instantly. He'd heard this one many times before. The voice makes a noise, shocked. "Wh--? Err, what belongs to you but others use it more than you do?"

[20:40]Agnos Le'maudit: Mogshu frowns. "You said one riddle!" he calls out. "My name, the answer is my name, kupo!"

[20:44]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Very clever, very clever, indeed!" the squeaky voice continued. "Now the trapper has become the trapee!" A giggle echoed through the tiny cavern. "You've done well to get this far, but you'll never get my treasure at the end of the rainbow! It's mine, you hear? Mine!" The words echoed almost ominously around the cave, making Mogshu gulp a bit nervously. Had he finally gotten in over his pom?

[20:46]Syranelle Ironleaf: Thin, hissing breaths echoed in the cave ahead of him as he felt some kind of presence loom closer and closer. Mogshu shut his eyes tightly, "Moss! Do something!" he called to his goobbue friend. The Moss peered into the tunnel. There was really only one thing a goobbue could do. He sniffled. He snorted. And he sneezed right into the tunnel...!

[20:49]Agnos Le'maudit: Mogshu popped right out of his predicament, like a cork from a champagne bottle. Out he rocketed...right into the looming presence before him. The two collided and went tumbling, tumbling backwards! In the chaos, Mogshu managed to grab it with his little paws, feeling something...furry? Hairy? He couldn't even tell, but he had a feeling that it was the leperous khan!

[20:52]Agnos Le'maudit: "I've got you, kupo!" he shouted as they rolled right into a wall. With a grunt, his grip loosened, and the thing slipped from his grasp. But he was determined! He dove forward, tackling the thing again. The light from his pom dimly illuminated the figure he was grappling, weak shadows dancing every which way in the struggle.

[20:58]Zhan'a Rakhin: A row of teeth met his eyes, jagged and menacing in the faint glow, the breath of the creature rolling through his fur. Mogshu squinted and noted... the glow he saw was not just from his pom. But from another! "You're a moogle, kupo!" he yelled, his tiny hands clutched about the other moogle's leg. A cackle sounded through the tunnel, a laugh that sent chills down his spine. It was the Wicked Pom Witch of the West!

[21:01]Zhan'a Rakhin: But why? How could it be? From the scent of rhubarb, he could only assume that the vague red blotches on the Pom Witch's fur were from a rather delightful pie. And her hat was a very fetching shade of green... "The Pom Witch is the leperous khan?" Knowing what he must do, the moogle held fast to the Witch's foot as she flew deeper into the tunnel, cackling all the way.

[21:03]Syranelle Ironleaf: Clinging on for dear life with one paw, Mogshu gripped his bulbous nose with the other. He dearly hated the smell of rhubarb. The Pom Witch flew deeper into the cave, "I knew someone would be foolish enough to fall for that 'treasure at the end of the rainbow' nonsense, but I never thought it would be /you/, Special Pomvestigator Mogshu!" the witch cackled. "Now to get my revenge!" Wait, what? Revenge? Revenge for what? Mogshu had to think on that one.

[21:06]Syranelle Ironleaf: "For all the times you made fun of my very fetching hat!" Indeed, it was a very fetching hat, although it was probably five times too big for the Moogle that wore it. It draped down the Pom Witch's back almost like a cape, the pointed cap almost as tall as she was! "I would... I would never make fun of that..." Mogshu said, though he had to let go of his nose to clap a paw over his mouth to keep from laughing. Ugh, the smell of rhubarb nearly made him ill!

[21:09]Agnos Le'maudit: "Deny all you like, but I've heard the words from your very mouth!" Before Mogshu could respond, a wave of light hit him, and the cavern opened up. Mogshu was blinded for a brief moment, feeling himself get thrown into something just before he got his sight back. It was a pile of...!? Wait, no, they were just stuffed toys.

[21:13]Agnos Le'maudit: Mogshu flapped his little wings to get up, but witch had a wand pointed at him. With a wave, Mogshu found that he was bound, stuck sitting with the stuffed toys and at the mercy of the witch. He stared at her defiantly, almost daring her to speak. Or perhaps because it was the overpowering smell of rhubarb that was making him put on that expression.

[21:15]Agnos Le'maudit: "Welcome, Pomvestigator," the witch crowed. "How I've waited for this day! Oh, sweet, sweet revenge, kupo! Good luck getting out of this one, Pomvestigator, you--"

[21:15]Agnos Le'maudit: "Is this really your revenge scheme?" Mogshu asked, half-earnest. "Monologuing at me, kupo?"

[21:16]Agnos Le'maudit: "Silence!" the Wicked Witch screeched, bapping him over the head with her wand. Huffily, she

flew over to a set of doors and threw them open, revealing....more oversized clothes! "Wait," the witch muttered to herself, "wrong door, kupo..."

[21:20]Zhan'a Rakhin: However, while she was already there, the Pom Witch chose a matching green scarf and tossed it around her furry... neck. Or what one would consider a neck on the fluffy figure of a moogle. She closed the door and then went to the next, throwing it open with as much dramatic flair as she had the last. Mogshu squinted at the darkness before realizing that what lay beyond was a single stool on a stage.

[21:23]Zhan'a Rakhin: The Pom Witch floated onto the stool and cleared her throat, grinning. "Now I shall monologue you and the plushes into utter boredom! For how dare you mock the Pom Witch's magnificent wardrobe! Before I am finished with you, I-" As she continued on, Mogshu took account of his surroundings. The good thing about a good monologue was that the hero could do pretty much whatever he wanted during that time. Those were the rules. Before he could move, however, something grabbed his paw…

[21:26]Syranelle Ironleaf: There, among the plushes, was a goblin! The creature looked somewhat tired and a little bit starved (it was hard to tell with goblins and their funny masks) but he seemed none the worse for wear. "Give you much jinglyshine, furryfuzz, if there is helpings to leaving!" Mogshu pat the goblin comfortingly. "Never to fear, kupo! Special Pomvestigator Mogshu is on the case! Say, you wouldn't happen to have something to cut these ropes, would you?"

[21:28]Syranelle Ironleaf: The goblin produced a tool that looked like part wine cork, part screwdriver, part pinwheel, and part pocket knife. He used it to cut through the ropes, shuffling his feet nervously. Ahead of them, the Pom Witch continued her tirade. "...and never will a fashonista such as I have to endure the mindless opinions of the unwashed and stylistically challenged...!" Nope, nothing interesting to see there. But, Mogshu was free and that was the important part!

[21:33]Agnos Le'maudit: "Thanks, friend!" Mogshu hushed before flying into the air. "Pom Witch--" "Wicked Pom Witch of the West!" the witch corrected him, "and get back in your seat!" She waved her wand again, but Mogshu dodged her spell this time! "Wicked Pom Witch of the West, your flamboyance and narcissism has gone on long enough, kupo!" He wrinkled his nose, getting a strong whiff of rhubarb again. "Speaking of unwashed..."

[21:36]Agnos Le'maudit: "That hurts, kupo," the witch sulked. "I'm just trying to have a good time, and I'm feeling so attacked right now, kupo. I just want to wear things that make me feel cool, and have people listen to me, and you know what, kupo!? Yes, I rolled in some rhubarb trying to escape from you, kupo! I know how much you hate it!"

[21:38]Agnos Le'maudit: "Don't blame me, kupo!" Mogshu huffed. "So you want people to like you, I understand! But binding me? Keeping this goblin here against their will, kupo? This is not...this isn't right!"

[21:43]Zhan'a Rakhin: For a moment, the Pom Witch looked appropriately ashamed of herself. "True, that goblin did only just wander in through no fault of its own..." She pointed to the tunnel. "You, scram, kupo." As the gobbie scrambled for the exit, Mogshu watched his handiwork with pride. Unfortunately, this meant he did not see the witch's next attack. The pomvestigator was suddenly in a vat of rhubarb jam?

[21:46]Zhan'a Rakhin: "I have won! There is no escape any longer!" the Pom Witch yelled. Mogshu flailed in a sudden bout of panic, but calmed. It was only jam, despite the foul smell. Then, he could hear the sound of heavy footfalls through the witch's continued monologue. The Moss! Mogshu whistled as loudly as he could muster, and with a roar the goobue's arm came crashing through the ceiling.

[21:49]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Pom Witch was caught up by The Moss, making her scream in terror...mostly about the wrinkles in her dress and the dent in her hat. Once he had her safely tucked under one arm, the Moss fished Mogshu out of the jam. He gave the moogle an inquisitive sniff before giving him a long, slow lick. Eugh, goobbue slobber. The Moss continued to lick Mogshu until the Special Pomvestigator was free of the jam, albeit sodden all over again.

[21:51]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Well, my fine, leafy friend, another investigation successfully concluded! We've apprehended our quarry and freed her prisoners! Maybe she'll make some new friends in gaol, that might help her disposition some." And so it was that they returned to the Pomvestigator's office, after dropping off the Pom Witch to the Adders to be dealt with.

[21:52]Syranelle Ironleaf: "I'll get you next time, Mogshu!" the witch screamed as they carried her off. "You and your little goobbue! Wait, no... I look terrible in stripes! Nooooooo....!" was the last wail they heard before she was gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...