Gridania Story-Go-Round :: 1st Monday Each Month @ 8pm Eastern

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

APRIL 2017

An Egg-citing Egg-periment

[19:09]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Our story begins in the laboratory of a brilliant lalafellian arcanist who was determined to change his carbuncle into a cuter animal.  He was always fond of bunnies, having spent way too much time at the Golden Saucer in his youth, so that's what he aimed for.  It took him many moons, but he finally managed it.  A Bunnybuncle, at last!"  >>

[19:11]Syranelle Ironleaf: "There was something wrong with the Bunnybuncle, though.  It often -- well, honestly, frighteningly often -- laid random eggs.  So often, in fact, that the Arcanist's laboratory was festooned with them.  Eggs in his books, eggs on his desk, eggs on his favorite chair, even eggs in his bed and on his pillow.  They were everywhere!  'What am I supposed to do with all these eggs?!' he lamented.  'I need help!' so he placed an advertisement with the Adventurer's Guild that read..."

[19:14]Aislinn Melpomene: "Looking for fellow arcanist researchers to discover the mysteries of carbuncles... and bunnies. Your reward for assisting in this mystery: one thousand gil. Ten thousand if you can solve the mystery! And on a completely unrelated note, looking for kind and happy homes for bunnies." The arcanist waited and waited. >>

[19:17]Aislinn Melpomene: Soon enough, he received several offers. Up and coming arcanists, ones who had served their time on the battlefields, honing their geometric magicks, and all sorts in between. The first came. The bunny-buncle was so happy to see a new face, that it produced even -more- eggs, even one in the newcomer's hair!

[19:19]Syranelle Ironleaf: "The new Arcanist, a budding young miqo'te, was astonished even astounded at the development with the lalafell's Bunnybuncle.  She inspected it carefully, both physically and through aether.  'This is incredible!' she said, 'How is this accomplished?'  She seemed heedless of the egg atop her head, even though it rocked back and forth precariously, threatening to fall off at any moment.  The Bunnybuncle bore this all in silence, content to be basked with such attention. >>

[19:21]Syranelle Ironleaf: However, the pile of eggs was growing worse and worse by the moment.  The Lalafell Arcanist finally had to call a halt to their research.  "I'm going to have a house that's one giant omelet at this rate!" he cried.  "This cannot go on... w-wait... Omelets!  I'll go see the Head Chef at the Bismarck, maybe they could use all these eggs!"  Indeed, he marched himself across the city to the renown restaurant where all the Culinarians trained.

[19:25]Aislinn Melpomene: The guildmaster and his students were quite happy to have a steady source of eggs, not to mention quite free of charge! The Lalafellan Arcanist brought him many - as many as his bag could carry. He cracked an egg open, one could never know when it came to magic. Lo and behold... a tiny carbunny popped out! >>

[19:25]Aislinn Melpomene: He was astonished. He could not cook this! The tiny carbunny hobbled over to him and with a little mewl, settled into the guildmaster's arms. Soon enough, the other culinarian students were clamoring for their own, and the Arcanist was happy to oblige. He returned to his laboratory to figure out what to do next. He studied and studied... until he heard of a report from the Culinarian's guild. Their guild was overrun by Carbunny eggs!

[19:34]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Guildmaster begged for the Arcanist to take them back.  They were getting into everything, it was impossible to cook, business would be ruined!  But the Arcanist refused.  "I need space in my lab; I don't have room for them either!"  In the meantime, the miqo'te Arcanist who answered his earlier ad was still fiddling with the original Bunnybuncle.  She managed to figure out that if you fed it enough aether it eventually *popped* in a shower of glitter, like an over-inflated balloon.  >>

[19:36]Syranelle Ironleaf: With a solution thus, accidentally, found she ran to tell the Lalafell.  "I've found a way to cull the Bunnybuncles!  All you need to do is overload them with aether and they'll pop like bubbles of energy."  The Lalafell grimaced.  "That sounds kind of questionable, are you sure it's safe?"  The miqo'te shrugged.  "They're just aetheric constructs; it's not like they're real.  Besides, what choice do we have?  At the rate they're multiplying, they'll take over Limsa Lominsa in a week!"

[19:40]Aislinn Melpomene: With a reluctant agreement, the Lalafell agreed to the course of action. So, around they went, 'popping' the Bunnybuncles. Within minutes, the guild was covered in glitter, and the two mages, exhausted. Believing their task over, they returned to his lab. >>

[19:43]Aislinn Melpomene: To their dismay, they found the original set of Bunnybuncle eggs had begun to hatch. And as they did, they hatched in a multitude of sizes. Large Bunnybuncles, almost as big as his chair! Tiny bunnybuncles, the size of the miqo'te's ring finger. And they were all... laying... eggs, the sizes of which were in proportion to their own sizes. The miqo'te looked to the lalafell. "I believe we are going to need more help..."

[19:46]Syranelle Ironleaf: Bunnybuncles galore!  With eggs in myriad sizes spawning every second.  "Good Gods, I don't think we have enough Arcanists to get rid of them all!  What are we going to do?" the lalafell sobbed, burying his face in his hands.  The miqo'te thought for a long moment, but an idea struck her like lightning!

[19:48]Syranelle Ironleaf: "The Hatching-tide Festival!" she crowed, grabbing her little lalafell companion and giving him a good shake.  "Every year the Dreamers' come 'round and have people hunt up eggs.  Well, I'm sure they'd love a never-ending supply of eggs!"  With that, she scurried off in order to find out how to contact the organizers of the Hatching-tide Festival.  This was sure to alleviate their problems... right?

[19:52]Aislinn Melpomene: As it turned out, the Dreamers were quite happy to have so many eggs. And bunnies. After all, they mused, who did not like bunnies? And so, games were crafted for adventurers. Collect an egg here, collect an egg there, and bring them back. It was simple enough... And if an adventurer stole off with an egg, well, that is what the extras were for. And so, the eggs were set out around Gridania, placed in both easy and hard to find places. It started off well enough. >>

[19:55]Aislinn Melpomene: The first adventurer returned with an egg. "I have found one!" She announced cheerfully. What they did not know, was that the teenaged hyur was a thaumaturge, and one whose aether acted up with her excitement. Giddy at having found the first egg of the season, her aether reacted - and struck the Bunnybuncle's egg with a faint zap of lightning, though not enough to destroy it. It however hatched in her arms. Immediately, the Dreamers knew that something was very wrong with this Bunnybuncle.

[19:58]Syranelle Ironleaf: It had /fangs/, this Bunnybuncle, and seemed quite angry.  It tried to bite the Dreamer as they pondered over it and so flustered by it were they that they sent again for the lalafell and miqo'te who started all this.  "Look at this creature!" they said, pointing to the Vorpal Bunnybuncle.  "It's downright hostile!  You have to deal with it at once!"  Try as they might, though, the pair of Arcanists couldn't draw close enough to 'pop' the Vorpal Bunnybuncle like they had its predecessors.  >>

[20:01]Syranelle Ironleaf: "What are we going to do?  It's got nasty, big, pointy teeth!  Perhaps we should run away!" the lalafell said, wringing his hands in dismay.  "We can't just leave it here, what if it hurts someone?" the miqo'te argued.  "Well, it might hurt /us!/" the lalafell protested.  The miqo'te sighed.  "I think we need to call in even /more/ help."  So she went to the Adventurer's Guild and placed another ad.

[20:05]Aislinn Melpomene: And this time, a tall male Roegadyn answered. "Oi, chief." He greeted the two. "Ye've got a bunny problem?" "Yes!" The Lalafell whined. "We cannot get close to one who has become quite hostile! And we cannot get rid of it if we cannot get close!" The Roe let out a boisterous laugh, shifting the axe on his back. "Yer just scared of a little bunny? Fine, show me where it is, and I'll deal with it!" >>

[20:08]Aislinn Melpomene: They departed to the last known location of the angry Bunnybuncle. It was still in the area, having made a nest in the Dreamer's bucket of eggs. "Oh, what will we do!" The Dreamer bemoaned. "We must be able to get to that basket! It has been foretold in my visions!" The Roe let out another laugh and strolled nonchalantly towards the basket. "Ehhh, ain't ye' a little cute bugger? Ye' ain't that scary!" He reached out to grab the bunnybuncle by the scruff of its neck.

[20:11]Syranelle Ironleaf: As soon as the roegadyn's hand neared, the Vorpal Bunnybuncle lashed out with it's sharp teeth and narrowly missed biting the roegadyn.  "Whoa there!" the great roe cried in alarm, "That's not your ordinary bunny!"  The miqo'te grimaced, placing her hands on her hips.  "I /told/ you that to begin with!"  The roegadyn crouched on his haunches, surveying the Vorpal Bunnybuncle from a safe distance.  "I will send for my friend, the Brave Sir Robin, he's a great paladin from Ul'dah." >>

[20:12]Syranelle Ironleaf: "I'm sure if anyone can manage to defeat this beast, it will be Brave Sir Robin!"  The roegadyn assured them.  The lalafell and the miqo'te heaved a sigh of relief and waited for this brave paladin to arrive.  In the meantime, they built a crude sort of pen around the Bunnybuncle to keep it from going anywhere.

[20:16]Aislinn Melpomene: The Brave Sir Robin, a midlander dressed in the shimmering white armor of the Sultansworn, strode forward with grace and confidence. "Where is this beast?" He asked haughtily. "I will elminate it, so no other need fear." He walked to the pen. "*This* is the beast?" He looked to the others. "Do not underestimate it! It is a strong and viscious being!" The Lalafell warned, and the Roe agreed. >>

[20:18]Aislinn Melpomene: "Psh." The paladin scoffed, then reached to open the pen. The Vorpal Bunnybuncle looked up, then launched itself at the Paladin! With a shriek resembling that of a girl, he SWUNG at the bunny with his shield with all his might! The vorpal bunny poofed into a could of glitter... and a blue gemstone laid where the bunny had just been.

[20:22]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Well, that was certainly short-lived," the lalafell Arcanist observed, "But what's that it left behind?"  He stared at the blue gemstone curiously.  It was lying atop the bucket of Bunnybuncle eggs that the Vorpal Bunnybuncle had made its nest.  However, Sir Robin might be brave, he was also clumsy.  He accidentally cracked one of the eggs as he took up the gemstone, but instead of producing a Bunnybuncle like all the others did, it just leaked out yolk and egg white, like a normal egg.  >>

[20:24]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Did it just turn all of those Bunnybuncle Eggs into normal eggs?"  The Arcanists said, almost in unison.  They scurried forward to take the blue gemstone from Sir Robin, inspecting it carefully.  "If we can convert all the Bunnybuncle eggs into normal ones, maybe we can finally put an end to their ceaseless spawning!"  It was worth a try, at least, so they carried the gemstone to another nearby pile of eggs.

[20:27]Aislinn Melpomene: So the four carefully placed the gemstone on top of the next pile of eggs and waited a few moments. Afterwards, the Roe pulled out his axe, then slammed it down - crushing the eggs, and leaving a very eggy mess behind. However, in the process, the gemstone was also split - breaking into two halves. "Well... that did not last long." The miqo'te muttered. The Lalafell shrieked. "It could have been perfect!" He bemoaned. >>

[20:29]Aislinn Melpomene: Sir Robin picked up one of the halves. "Well... why do we not simply see if these will work still?" He suggested, and the miqo'te picked up the other. "I suppose so... Let us split up." She ordered. The Lalafell went with Brave Sir Robin; the miqo'te with the Roegadyn. The first two came across another nest of Bunnybuncles, the mother of which perked up as they approached - appearing to be drawn to the half-gemstone, sniffing at it curiously.

[20:32]Syranelle Ironleaf: Unsure of what to do with a fully fledged Bunnybuncle, instead of an egg, the Lalafell rubbed the half-gemstone atop the Bunnybuncle's head.  But nothing seemed to happen.  "Maybe your gemstone does not work upon the hatched ones.  Mayhap try something more egg-like!" Sir Robin said, pointing to another nearby pile of Bunnybuncle eggs.  The lalafell touched his gemstone to the eggs, then nodded for Sir Robin to break one.  Sure enough, the egg was just a normal egg again!  >>

[20:34]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Whew, thank goodness!" he said in relief.  Unbeknownst to them, the Bunnybuncle they'd touched with the gem began to shrink.  And shrink.  And shrink.  Until it was nothing more than a mote of aether energy that got swept away by the Lifestream.  On the other side of town, the miqo'te and the roegadyn were approaching another group of eggs with a pile of Bunnybuncles sleeping atop them.

[20:40]Aislinn Melpomene: This pair had a similar idea. They placed the half a gem on a bunnybuncle's head. It perked up at the feeling, sending the gemstone flying into the air. The miqo'te caught it - but squeezed too hard in her desperation not to lose it. Part of the gemstone crumbled to dust, the dust settling onto the Bunnybuncles. Slowly, they began to shrink and shrink, until they were naught but specks of aether, blown off with the wind. >>

[20:41]Aislinn Melpomene: The miqo'te glanced between the gemstone and where the bunnybuncles had just been. "The dust! Even the dust will rid us of them!" She quickly headed off to find the next nest.

[20:45]Agnos Le'maudit: Off she ran, almost like a chicken with its head cut off.  "The gemstone makes the 

Bunnybuncles go away!" she shouted as she ran, her Roegadyn compatriot sprinting after her to keep up.  Her messaged managed to garner many an odd look from passer-bys, but more importantly, it reached Sir Robin and the lalafellin Arcanist as they crossed paths.

[20:45]Agnos Le'maudit: Off she ran, almost like a chicken with its head cut off.  "The gemstone makes the Bunnybuncles go away!" she shouted as she ran, her Roegadyn compatriot sprinting after her to keep up.  Her messaged managed to garner many an odd look from passer-bys, but more importantly, it reached Sir Robin and the lalafellin Arcanist as they crossed paths.

[20:48]Agnos Le'maudit: Sir Robin and the Arcanist exchanged glances, and there was an audible click as they realized what they should do.  Off they ran to their next batch, touching the gemstone to any and all carbunnies and eggs they could find.  But just then, a little girl approached them, curious to know why they were making all the little carbunnies disappear and turning the glittery eggs into normal ones.

[20:51]Syranelle Ironleaf: Such matters are always difficult to explain to children, but the four of them tried their best.  "You see," the lalafell began, "these Bunnybuncles aren't real creatures; they were an experiment of sorts that got out of hand."  The miqo'te continued, "If they keep multiplying, soon everything will be taken over by Bunnybuncles and there won't be room for the rest of us."  The roegadyn took up the speech next.  >>

[20:53]Syranelle Ironleaf: "And if some of them get exposed to magic they shouldn't, they might become dangerous."  Brave Sir Robin finished off their explanation.  "And then you'll have to run away and call Brave Sir Robin to save you!  And we don't want that.  We want everyone to be safe and the Bunnybuncles to go back to theory where they belong!  This should be a warning to all young Arcanists not to meddle in things they shouldn't!" He might have glared a bit at the lalafell as he said this.

[20:57]Agnos Le'maudit: "But I like the bunnybuncles," the little girl pouted.  "And I like the glittery eggs.  Can't it wait until after the festival?"  In unison, the four adults muttered, "Not really..."  "And why not?" the girl asked.  "Time is of the essence, my dear," the lalafell said softly to her.  "These bunnybuncles make little ones faster than you can imagine."

[20:57]Agnos Le'maudit: "But I like the bunnybuncles," the little girl pouted.  "And I like the glittery eggs.  Can't it wait until after the festival?"  In unison, the four adults muttered, "Not really..."  "And why not?" the girl asked.  "Time is of the essence, my dear," the lalafell said softly to her.  "These bunnybuncles make little ones faster than you can imagine."

[20:59]Agnos Le'maudit: "I've seen the bunnybuncles make eggs, I know how fast it is," the little girl told him with a straight face.  The smile freezing on the lalafell's face garnered a loud guffaw from the Roegadyn for a moment, which in turn made the lalafell turn to glare at him.  "So then you know that time is of the essence!" the miqo'te cut in while the two decided to have a little spat.  "Yes..." the girl reluctantly agreed.  "But do you have to go around smashing the eggs, then?  They're so pretty, until they're just...goop.  What happens if you leave the normal eggs?"

[21:03]Syranelle Ironleaf: "If we leave the normal eggs out, they'll eventually rot.  You know what happens when an egg gets rotten?  If they get broken, they smell really foul and make life terrible!" the lalafell explained.  "As pretty as they are, I don't think it would be worth leaving them and having someone accidentally break one.  Do you?"  The little girl sulked some more.  "I guess not..."  Nodding, the lalafell looked to the miqo'te, the roegadyn, and Brave Sir Robin.  >>

[21:05]Syranelle Ironleaf: "I can't thank the three of you enough for all your help.  I wish I could reward you for everything you've done.  Wait, I have it...!"  He presented to each of them a Bunnybuncle egg.  "NO!" they all shouted in unison, touching them to a gem, then smashing the raw eggs on the lalafell's head, each of them walking off, grumbling.  "Well, one does not make omelets without breaking a few eggs." He shrugged, "Back to the drawing board."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MAY 2017

Reminisce Sometime

[19:13]Syranelle Ironleaf: Our story begins with a goobbue, but not just any goobbue, mind you.  This one had a name and his name was "The Moss".   How he became known by that was anyone's guess, but his claim to true fame was that he was the erstwhile side-kick of Special Pomvestigator Mogshu, a world-renown moogle detective.  As it happens, The Moss was on his way to visit Mogshu at his office, but he found the door unlocked and the room in untidy disarray, which was very unlike Mogshu.  >>

[19:16]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Moss searched high and low through Mogshu's office, likely making an even bigger mess of the mess that was already there.  Papers flew every which way, filing cabinets were opened and emptied, desk drawers were pulled out and upended.  Nowhere!  Nowhere was Mogshu to be found.  What was a goobbue to do now?  He sat in the middle of Mogshu's office, pondering this, and it was during this pondering that a Woods Wailer came walking in.  "Ah, good evening," he said, staring.

[19:16]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Moss searched high and low through Mogshu's office, likely making an even bigger mess of the mess that was already there.  Papers flew every which way, filing cabinets were opened and emptied, desk drawers were pulled out and upended.  Nowhere!  Nowhere was Mogshu to be found.  What was a goobbue to do now?  He sat in the middle of Mogshu's office, pondering this, and it was during this pondering that a Woods Wailer came walking in.  "Ah, good evening," he said, staring.

[19:18]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Moss only stared back, he was just a goobbue after all.  The Wailer shuffled for a moment before daring to approach a bit closer.  "I was looking for Special Pomvestigator Mogshu, I was told I could find him here."  The man looked around the room and its shambles with no small concern.  "I... I don't suppose he's here...?"  The Moss shrugged.  He certainly had no idea.

[19:22]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Wailer sighed, running a hand through his hair.  "Well, I guess I'll come back later."  The Moss nodded and the man left.  This allowed the Moss to resume his ponderous pondering.  Where could Mogshu have gone?  And why was his office a mess?  This was very unusual.  The Moss did his best to put things back in order, but he was still just a goobbue and his spindly little arms could only do so much when his large frame continued to knock other things over in the process.

[19:24]Syranelle Ironleaf: Under a pile of paperwork, The Moss came across a curious object, certainly not something he'd ever recalled seeing in Mogshu's office before.  It was a wand!  Could it be... but no... The Pomwitch had been apprehended weeks ago!  There was no possible way she could have escaped to cause more mayhem... Or was there?

[19:28]Ellisorielle Black: The Moss titls his head and studies the wand. The little Moogle in his brain runs in his wheel. He takes the small pieces of wood between his fingers and shows it to the Wailer. THe Wailer frowns." Hmm...it is strange that the Great Moshu would have a wand, maybe he was trying to scratch his back with it?" He inquires while the gobbue shakes his head from the strange comment. Something was  strange, someone or something had search in the office before them.

[19:31]Ellisorielle Black: The Moss exits the office, with the only clue he has from the office,  the young wailer behind him. "Maybe someone saw him, Mister Gobbue." The Moss nods and glances around the office, wondering if one of the other persons would have seen his friend.  He walks toward another house and knocks on the roof, the door opening to a small lalafell, who seems to be still asleep. "WHO dare wake me up, at this hour...you will...." He blinks and smiles at the Gobbue. "Hello...Sir...What a nice day!"

[19:34]Syranelle Ironleaf: Up, up, and up some more the lalafell stared at the goobbue.  The Moss looked down at the tiny occupant before grunting and looking over at the Wailer as the young man accompanied him.  "Ah, good day to you, neighbor!"  The young man said.  "I was wondering if you heard aught amiss earlier this evening, likely from the house next door?"  The lalafell gave it some thought, still giving The Moss the side-eye.  "N-no... not that I can think of... or, well... there /was/ some strange cackling."

[19:36]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Cackling, you say?" The Wailer pressed.  "Yes," the lalafel replied.  "It reminded me of my grandmother."  The diminutive man gave a shudder.  "It was terrible.  After that, there was a lot of ruckus, like a room was getting ransacked.  I heard voices, but couldn't catch what was said."  The Wailer nodded his thanks, motioning thoughtfully to The Moss as they departed.  "So, it sounds like something untoward happened!  Let's ask the other neighbor."

[19:41]Ellisorielle Black: The Moss nods and stumbles with grace toward the second house. He smacks the roof again and glares toward the door, hearing a ruckus coming from the house. An old huyr woman peeks through the door. "Yeees!" She inquires, while looking at the young man with his strange friend. "Can you ask your tall friend not to hit my house, please?" The Wailer nods and looks at The Moss for a short instant before smiling at the strangely calm woman. "Oh sure Milady, can I ask you a question?" She frowns

[19:44]Ellisorielle Black: and nods."Sure..." The young man inquires if she would have heard anything strange in the area. The old woman chuckles." Other than your big friend trying to make a hole in my roof, I would said not really..." She stops and glances inside her house for brief moment, a cold glare hiding her gentle eyes for a brief moment. "Well..the little punk of Moshu did made more ruckus in the last few days, he had a big party, with a lot of noise and people! I almost ask Mister Vovori to go warn the guard

[19:47]Syranelle Ironleaf: "Hm, a party, you say?"  The Wailer said, brows furrowing.  "Could it be that nothing amiss really transpired?"  He departed again with The Moss to confer about what they'd learned.  The Wailer paced back and forth as he spoke his thoughts aloud.  "So, there's been a ruckus, but according to one neighbor it was a party.  Yet, we saw no evidence of that fact in Mogshu's office.  No party streamers, no confetti, no sign of food nor drink.  I'm disinclined to believe it was a party, don't you?"

[19:48]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Moss, like a good goobbue, could only nod and agree.  "I'm given to suspect that there is still some foul play at work here, though our only lead is still the wand we found among his papers.  Perhaps, then, we might take that wand to the Conjurer's Guild and see if the could tell us aught about whom it might belong to."

[19:53]Blake Forester: "The wand." The woman said. "Do you happen to have this wand on you?" The tall fellow pulled the wand out, holding it up. "Yes. This is the wand. The only evidence we have that isn't circumstantial." The woman smiled, "Yes...good." And then snatched the wand out of the man's hand and made for a mad dash across the field! Despite her age and need for daily medication she could sprint a mile faster than any authortiy figure could blink. The man, having the wand snatched from his hand in the-

[19:55]Blake Forester: heat of the moment, could only stare at his empty palm, agast at the sudden loss of his evidence. "Without that how will we ever discover the truth!?" The woman kept running.  She lept over fences, dodged past merchants, and was almost home free when suddenly she found a shield to her face. Who...Who could have stopped her in her tracks? It couldn't have been the investigator. No... Someone else had come to their aid. It was...Lord Aymeric!"

[20:00]Ellisorielle Black: It was Lord Aymeric...human size doll, with a shield and nothing else on him. The old woman blinks while a scream pierces her eardrum. "MY UNIQUE RARE ONE OF KIND AMEYRIC DOLL!" A young man glares at the old woman who were now sitting on the pool of mud, the wand no where to be find. The Moss and the Wailer arrived  at the scene a few second laters. Before they could say anything, the young artist stare at the wailer." Please arrest that hag, for obstruction and almost destruction

[20:03]Ellisorielle Black: of a piece of art! I payed a lot of gil for it to be made." He inspects the doll, making sure that all the "pieces" were at their place.  The Moss blinks while the Wailer moves near the old woman. "Where his the wand! Why did you try to steal it? Who are you? What have you done to Moshu?" The old woman, still a bit stun by the shock of the impact, blinks and glances around.

[20:03]Ellisorielle Black: of a piece of art! I payed a lot of gil for it to be made." He inspects the doll, making sure that all the "pieces" were at their place.  The Moss blinks while the Wailer moves near the old woman. "Where his the wand! Why did you try to steal it? Who are you? What have you done to Moshu?" The old woman, still a bit stun by the shock of the impact, blinks and glances around.

[20:09]Shizuka Shimazu: The old woman grunts in pain before screaming, "NOW!" The Aymeric doll opened up to reveal an angry, mustashio'd lalafell! And then The Moss ripped off his costume, and he was ALSO an angry, mustachio'd lalafell! Three of them, stacked on each others' shoulders and wearing a costume! The old woman began to cackle as her lalafellin horde closed in on the Wailer and the artist. "You think you can uncover the truth?" she snarled. "You can't handle the truth!" The Wailer searched for the wand-

[20:10]Shizuka Shimazu: -but it clutched in the grubby palm of a lalafell minion. He despaired, for it seemed the conclusion to the mystery would forever elude him... until the REAL Moss rose from the ground like a great Goobbue savior! He lifted the Wailer in his strong Goobbue arms and began to make his escape.

[20:15]Aislinn Melpomene: "After them!" The old woman croaked. She lifted the wand. Her lallafellan minions quickly took after the two. As the old woman began to cast, the magic of the glamour prism faded - it was the Pomwitch! The earth opened beneath the Moss and the Wailer to slow their escape. However, what slowed the pair also slowed her minions, and they began to trip and tumble over each other. "Get out of my way!" "No, you get out of my way!" Before long, both mustashio'd lalafells were instead at each -

[20:17]Aislinn Melpomene: - other's throat's instead. "Can you do nothing with success?!" The Pomwitch screamed. She spun her wand, and dark lightning clouds began to form overhead, crackling with lightning. "I will teach you, and your pathetic Mogshu to try to arrest me! I am the great Pomwitch! No mortal cell can hold *me*!!" She raised her cudgel to the clouds above to bring lightning down upon the not-so-intrepid heroes, when she was tackled from behind!

[20:21]Blake Forester: That tackle came from none other than the wood wailers friend from Ul'dah....THE BRASS BLADE!  The Wood Wailer sobbed. "It has been so long friend. I knew someday you would come for me!" The pom-witch cast the Brass Blade off, turning to point the wand at her new opponent when suddenly, from above a Yellow Jacket swings in from above on a vine, knocking the wand out of her hand! The Yellow Jacket and the Brass Blade quickly collect next to the Wood Wailer and stare the witch down. "Perhaps

[20:22]Blake Forester: it is time we fight together...ONCE MORE!" As the mustachio'd trio gathered to their senses they would find themselves confronted not by a single wood wailer and his beast friend but...THE GRAND CITY STATE TRIO!"

[20:26]Syranelle Ironleaf: The Grand City-State Trio arrayed themselves between the Pomwitch and her victims, "Wherever evil strikes..." said the Wailer.  "Wherever the threat of Doom arises..." said the Brass Blade. "We will be there to punish the wicked!" the Yellow Jacket concluded.  "Prepare yourself, villain!" they said in unison.  "For your time has come!  City-state Alliance Barrier!"  The three of them linked their arms together, creating an impenetrable barrier of their righteous forms.

[20:29]Syranelle Ironleaf: "You can't stop me!" the Pomwitch cackled.  "My minions will go right through your 'barrier'!"  Sure enough, the little mustachioed lalafell were small enough to go right between the Grand City-State Trio's legs, unhindered by their linked arms.  "Well... dammit!" the Brass Blade bellowed.  "That's cheating!"  Right as the lalafels thought they'd get through, however, The Moss let out a monstrous sneeze, blowing them back out in front of the Trio.

[20:33]Shizuka Shimazu: The lalafells grunted as they hit the ground, tumbling like tiny stones lost in the tide. "We have to do it," one groaned. "It's our only chance." The Pomwitch waved her arm and cackled with glee as her minions began to glow and change. "How will you handle this, heroes?! MAKE MY MINIONS.... GROW!" The witch continued to laugh as her minions morphed and stretched into a colossal seven-ilm tall monstrosity! It had the head of a lalafell, the body of a roegadyn, and mustache of a god.

[20:35]Shizuka Shimazu: The Grand City-State Trio shared looks. "It's been so long, old friend," the Blade said solemnly. "Are you prepared to fight our last battle?" The Wailer nodded, and looked to the Yellow Jacket. The Yellow Jacket hesitated for a brief moment before saying, "I'm two days away from retirement." The Wailer laughed. "That's nothing, friend! What's the worst that could happen?"

[20:40]Aislinn Melpomene: No sooner did he speak but did the monster of exceedingly high proportions attack! It reached out and swiped at the trio. Their Grand City Barrier was little match for the brute force behind the attack. The three skidded back several fulms. The wailer jumped forward, sharpened spear down as he aimed for the beast's eyes... but the mustache! It reached out and grabbed the wailer, wrapping him in its odorous hairs. "Ahhh! Get me down from here!" He called out. The Blade and Jacket glanced -

[20:43]Aislinn Melpomene: - at each other with wide eyes. What were they to do?! The blade ran forward, sword and shield at the ready to slice, and so he did, and his blade struck true. The Yellow Jacket aimed a musket for the face, and his bullets flew towards the beast's eyes. However, a third attack came, but from an unexpected source! "MY AYMERIC DOLL!!" Screeched the artist as he lunged for the Pomwitch with a tool-sharpening blade.

[20:47]Blake Forester: Artists are by their nature violent and deadly. This one was no different. He plunged the blade into the heart of the pom-witch. The wind howled as the witch died. And for 20 years there was peace. On the twentieth anniversary of the battle the wood wailer, the brass blade, the yellow jacket, and the giant lalafell all gathered at the Canopy to drink and talk about the battle that made them all friends. And for the Brass Blade and the Giant monster, lovers. "It has been some time hasn't-

[20:48]Blake Forester: it." Said the wood wailer. Now retired, twice. "It certainly has." Said the Yellow Jacket, now having a gun arm and wheels for legs. "How about it? One more big adventure for the road" "SCREEEEEEEAWWWWWW SCREEEEEEAWWWWWWWW" agreed the giant monster.

[20:52]Syranelle Ironleaf: "You know, what happened to that Moogle you were looking for that day, Wailey?" Blade asked as they drank.  "Oh," said the Wailer, "He returned not long after.  He'd simply gone grocery shopping.  The mess in his office was from the Pomwitch making a mess of it when she found out he wasn't home."  The three of them took a drink.  "Oh, well... that's anti-climactic."  The Brass Blade sighed.  "But, I guess not every life can be filled with adventure like ours!"

[20:54]Syranelle Ironleaf: And so, the Grand City-State Trio concluded their reunion meet-up, going back to their normal, every day lives.  After years of being the heroes Eorzea needed, it was a fine time to be alive and simply enjoy life.  A lesson we might all learn a little bit from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[align=center]Postponed til Monday, June 12![/align]

Unfortunately, moving IRL has taken a bit longer than we anticipated so we're still somewhat in the thick of it. x_x   Very sorry for the inconvenience, but the Story-Go-Round will be back next week and on its regular schedule again next month.

[align=center]Postponed til Monday, June 12![/align]

Unfortunately, moving IRL has taken a bit longer than we anticipated so we're still somewhat in the thick of it. x_x   Very sorry for the inconvenience, but the Story-Go-Round will be back next week and on its regular schedule again next month.

It's all good. Make sure to get yourself moved in right! I can't wait until next week to hear a story and watch the "Make it Rain" decorations vanish. :bouncy:

GjMmeaK.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, I won't be able to host the SGR for July.  We've had a family crisis here at home, so I can't really dedicate the time needed, since I need to frequently AFK and/or not log on altogether.  Hopefully things will calm down enough for August!

<3 and

• 3 weeks later...

[align=center]It's back on Monday, August 7th![/align]

[align=center]My heartfelt thanks to everyone who sent messages of support during such a difficult time.  As always, please feel free to share, repost, and reuse this flyer for your own blogs and websites![/align]

[align=center]tumblr_otba2pmiGf1uyj2o7o1_540.jpg[/align]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[align=center]Due to overwhelming personal reasons, I can no longer continue hosting the Story-Go-Round.  Thank you to everyone who has supported this event this past year!  I wish I could continue, but Real Life has to come first.  <3[/align]

[align=center]sorry-img.jpg[/align]

[align=center]* It might return at a later date, I just need to focus on Life for a while for now.  We'll just have to see![/align]