Your character has received a kiss on the cheek!

g0ne

Liara would probably give them a big tounge kiss back just to see their reaction. Whether it'd be her husband, a friend or a stranger, she doesn't discriminate lol. 

And if it's a friend or stranger, Zhara might act confused, but if it's her boyfriend she'd most likely give him a kiss back. She likes when he's affectionate towards her.

Steel Wolf

Steel blinked a few times, the Roegadyn's mouth hanging open slightly. She touched her cheek gingerly, as if she had just opened a grave wound upon her face. The blanked, stunned stare aimed downward at the individual.

"How'd ye reach all th'way up there without me knowin'?"

Thundering Castle

The dark-skinned Roegadyn woman's eyes doubled in size at the gesture. Her mouth curled in to a confused mixture of disbelief and a smile. Plaintively, she took a step and a half backwards.

"I...am...flattered that you would think me worthy of such a gesture," she said, "But I'm afraid that I'm not...really...worthy of such amorous intent."

The woman closed her eyes and nodded firmly, as if she were reaffirming the statement to herself. "I am merely here in service. Please don't misunderstand me." With that, the woman placed her hands before herself and bowed deeply.

Snarl Tia

The Miqo'te's ears flapped a couple of times as his smile widened, his sharp teeth flashing in the move. He nodded once, eyebrows raising briefly, his face a mask of acceptance. As if this was something he'd experienced before, or at least expected.

"Hah! Well, I can't say I blame your reaction. For you see, the power of Intense Pasta can move the heart and stir the soul until the body cannot even think for itself and merely acts on instinct! I am delighted you enjoyed my cooking!"

Kali Kalrath

"I. I. I. I-I-I uuh uuh errh aaah...aaaaaAAAAH THANK YOU SO MUUUUUCH!!"

Ame:

She would respond depending on the person, but if it was a man, or a stranger she would probably blush, panic and maybe faint.  She does not do well with physical contact and can barely manage something so simple as a cheek kiss.

Jellal:

One would receive a 'Don't fucking touch me' glare, but that would probably be it.  If his wishes were respected that would be the end of it, if the person tried again, they would end up with the barrel of a gun in their face rather quickly.

Dalain:

-headbutts-  Irregardless of gender or reason.  Angry little Xaela does not like affection.

N'akani:

"Just the cheek?"  She would most likely flirt with the person.

Tsirae:

He would accept it as a form of greeting and probably remain unphased by it. That is not unusual for nobility, and would be nothing special to him.

Kilanii:

"You'll need to buy me a drink first."  While not overly interested in contact, she would not become angry or defensive unless the person continued to be pushy beyond the cheek kiss.  Then they'll get a swift hit from her axe.

Reinhold:

If female: Reinhold stood there a bit perplexed at the gesture as he feels a slight flush rising to his cheek. Looking at the person with an incredulous expression he asks, "What in the seven hells are you drinking and where can I find myself some?"

If male: Reinhold considers the man for a moment wondering why someone would ever think that was okay. "I don't know where you come from that you think what you did is acceptable, but you should probably tell me what you want on your tombstone if you do that again."

Masaki:

The raen glares at the person who decided it was necessary to invade her personal space over the top of his glasses. He quickly draws his kodachi while grabbing the person's wrist with his other hand. "So, which finger did you want to lose today?" he asked darkly, "Chose or I will just cut off the whole hand."

• 1 year later...

Altan:

It would depends on how well they knew each other. 

Close friend or family member: Shed wrap her arms around them and kiss their cheek back. 

New friend: side eye, "Don't do that."

Cute boy: elbow to the face and turn around blushing. 

Enemy: raaage

Depends on who it is.

If it's some random person, you're probably going to get pinned against a wall.

If it's someone she's close to. she'll probably look embarrassed. 

If it's someone she's in a relationship with/has a thing for, she'll act sort of stoically pleased about it, but will secretly be feeling the warm fuzzies. 

If the kisser was female:  You know that gif of Homer backing up into the bushes? Something like that.

If the kisser was male: 

Aderyn - flustered surprise and mild annoyance, given that she's a happy newlywed

Y'lhitah - would walk away, muttering some mild insult under her breath

Nerezza - would wonder how you got under all the layers of her clothing to even reach her cheek

Melisende - would smile, perhaps offer a confused laugh, and if the guy was cute, say something complimentary

N'idah - would smile, thank the guy, and think her music must be a success if she has fanboys

S'zhapaash - would wonder why a young man wanted to kiss an old lady such as herself but would probably fantasize about said boy for awhile

Y'jeshi - would instantly believe it meant he must want to be her mate for life

Y'khona - would return the kiss near the corner of his mouth

IC - unless it was true love they will likely turn into a frog, maybe it would take some time and they just sound a bit ribbity for a bit

OOC - no one gets inside my personal space exclusion zone, claxons would sound and countermeasures would be deployed 

4 hours ago, Nerdessence said:

If the kisser was female:  You know that gif of Homer backing up into the bushes? Something like that.

If the kisser was male: 

Aderyn - flustered surprise and mild annoyance, given that she's a happy newlywed

Y'lhitah - would walk away, muttering some mild insult under her breath

Nerezza - would wonder how you got under all the layers of her clothing to even reach her cheek

Melisende - would smile, perhaps offer a confused laugh, and if the guy was cute, say something complimentary

N'idah - would smile, thank the guy, and think her music must be a success if she has fanboys

S'zhapaash - would wonder why a young man wanted to kiss an old lady such as herself but would probably fantasize about said boy for awhile

Y'jeshi - would instantly believe it meant he must want to be her mate for life

Y'khona - would return the kiss near the corner of his mouth

Ouch.... i was missed or purposly left out. >.>

Assuming it's not an S/O, Faye's probably gonna smack someone or dish out some sass. Or maybe smile politely but secretly resent and plot against that person for eternity. :'D

pls no touchy

• 2 weeks later...

Much would depend on the context.

If someone was being a creep, reaction could be a fist or magic blast to the face (depending which character it happened to), or knee to the groin if the kisser was male.

If random stranger at a party where people are having a good time, reaction could range from "what the hell?" (Kat) to an evaluating look to determine if she wants to kiss back (Ludja) to "Oh hey, thanks!" and a quick peck on the cheek in return (Moire)

If it was from a friend reaction would probably be along the line of a hug and maybe return kiss on the cheek. If my character was feeling mischievous it could even be a passionate kiss. Chances of passionate return kiss would also depend on drunkness level, if my character likes the original kisser, and whatever the moogles are saying.

• 4 months later...

Seeing that my character actually is "in heat" every New Moon and avoids males of all races during that period, I'd probably have to go through both scenarios:

Not in heat:

Actually, she's still inexperienced and naive enough to kiss them right back and then ask "That was a greeting, right?" referring to that person probably just being used to that being a greeting, so she'd politely try to adapt.

In heat:

She'll blush, blink, blush, blink, blush...for let's say a minute or two before she gets out of that baffled state and begins to show her affection by embracing the other, rubbing against them and following them around even though they might even explicitly tell her to stop. She'll be like "But you showed me your affection for me before and I'm sure you can find it again~"

• 1 month later...

If another Lalafell kisses him on the cheek I have doubts Bearry would react in a special way unless he has feelings for them prior. He may simply show a warm smile in their direction, snorting lightly through his nose from amusement. I'm sure plenty of Lalafell in his life have been friendly to the degree of using cheek kisses as a greeting rather than a specific expression of fondness.

But say if it were used in the context of a romantic or appreciative gesture, he might be wondering about it later that night as he stares at the ceiling from his bed, hand placed on the smooched cheek. Probably debating with himself over what it meant or thinking about how it nice it felt, like the hopeless nerd he is. Honestly his reaction will primarily depend on who done it and not the act in general.

Edited by Bearry
  • 1 month later...

If it was a stranger, she would probably scoot away or hide behind someone out of sheer discomfort.

From a friend, she would probably blush deeply, but then avoid eye contact. I don’t think she’d even be able to come up with a something to say.

tenor.gif

Edited by wolfytot
  • 2 months later...

Context is king, obviously. That said, I agree with the previous poster on the other page about how the action is presented/godmodding. I am sorry I didn't get the name, I'm on my phone and navigating pages is troublesome at best. 

If it's a "so-and-so kisses Sha'dow Weaver on the cheek," that's a paddling. Response is "no you don't, sorry, let's try that again with proper etiquette, yes?" for context, the Weaver isn't someone who minds physical contact from (attractive, usually female (there are always exceptions)) strangers. That said, to reiterate, godmod me no likee. 

Now that *that's* out of the way, let's assume all interactions put forth are of the "so-and-so moves to/attempts to" variety. 

Random female kisser: "What by the 12 is the occasion? And is there more to it?" *suggestive smirk*

Female he's interacted with previously: *turns and attempts to catch it on the lips* "come now, we're past the cheek at this point, yeah?"

Random male, attractive: "not usually my type, mate. Still, I'll buy you a drink, let's see how it goes."

Random male, notsoattractive: *rolls to open hand slap them, HARD.* "right, we're even now. You buying or me?"

Edit: I did not realize this was from back in February, I apologize for the necropost. 

Edited by Diego2112Gaming
See edit content
  • 2 weeks later...

Aydin wouldn't know how to respond exactly. He's usually a shy mess if someone showed him any kind of affection. He would probably just freeze and think about what just happened.

015a8dc0aa35f21d0921fe0fc768494d.png

Then he would just chuckle with a heartfelt smile for a bit while he kept blushing.