A request to those of us already with personal houses and/or altitis

Seriphyn

It just means people who can get an apartment and want an apartment may wait a little longer. It seems that apartments truly are the 'fix' for housing and that SE has the plans to quickly up the amount of apartments when needed.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=16114&pid=268437#pid268437

It's really not a fix. They miss out on outdoor furniture, FCs without homes miss out on airships, I'm not getting mad at you I'm honestly mad at SE. They need to SCRAP the wards, put everyone's houses in instances and give them the option to upgrade their smalls to mediums or larges if they have the gil.. JUST GIVE US MOG HOUSES FROM FFXI.

:dazed:

JUST GIVE US MOG HOUSES FROM FFXI.

They are. Mog Houses in FFXI were just single-use rooms that allowed you to garden and display indoor furniture.

Nah, this is different because Mog Houses were free, and given to all players. That said, you couldn't invite friends into your Mog House iirc. And decorating was muuuch more limited. So I don't think people would be happy with Mog Houses in XIV either!

They are. Mog Houses in FFXI were just single-use rooms that allowed you to garden and display indoor furniture.

Didn't you also get.. a yard, and a garden..? I recall seeing a mog house where you could go out and check out your garden and look at the sea. No? Nah? I never played the game I was just linked pictures and screeched 'THIS IS WHAT WE NEED' and I nodded in agreement. Looks like I'm wrong, but they had second floooors? SECOND FLOOOORS?

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mog_House

Regardless though, an FC can't move into an apartment. So.. homeless FCs still screwed.

Didn't you also get.. a yard, and a garden..? I recall seeing a mog house where you could go out and check out your garden and look at the sea. No? Nah? I never played the game I was just linked pictures and screeched 'THIS IS WHAT WE NEED' and I nodded in agreement. Looks like I'm wrong, but they had second floooors? SECOND FLOOOORS?

Regardless though, an FC can't move into an apartment. So.. homeless FCs still screwed.

I don't screech :( it's true though. Mog Houses are totally free, and they weren't open to everybody but you could invite people into your party and invite them to your House. And later on they added the option of a second floor and a patio. Plus once you get to Rank 3 with your nation they ship you off to the Mog Garden, which is similar to the farm from Monster Hunter where you can garden, gather, and raise baby animals.

Even just a tiny little walled off patio would be a nice addition to apartments.

I don't screech :( it's true though. Mog Houses are totally free, and they weren't open to everybody but you could invite people into your party and invite them to your House. And later on they added the option of a second floor and a patio. Plus once you get to Rank 3 with your nation they ship you off to the Mog Garden, which is similar to the farm from Monster Hunter where you can garden, gather, and raise baby animals.

Even just a tiny little walled off patio would be a nice addition to apartments.

I imagine that you screech when it's in caps. And I do nod and agree even though you can't see it. :lol:

I see the disconnect: Those extras didn't exist when I stopped playing in...2011? 2012? The house was just a room you could decorate and invite people into.

Is the price tag attached to the apartment really a tripping point for some people? The game rewards you pretty handsomely for just playing it and doing anything (a single full-clear Aquapolis run nets you something like 200k before you count actual drops), even(especially) casual stuff like roulettes.

Even though I was hoping for more than a personal room, 500k still feels worth it since it's permanent. It's pretty easy to do Aquapolis or something for a 60, but it might be hard for a newbie level 50 player to scrounge up that much gil.

It's certainly debatable. Taking a fresh character through the MSQ nets you somewhere in the neighborhood of 500k-1m gil if you're taking the payoffs instead of the crummy gear, and if you're playing one class you're probably not selecting whites? I don't know, maybe.

Buuuut you also need to be fully-ranked up to get a room, which does require some going out of your way to grind. Them seals don't come for free until you're ranked up enough to do turn-ins, and then you'd need to be buying gear anyway...

I don't know. As a blanket statement, anything under 1m is throwaway money this far into the lifespan of the game. If you're using the game ONLY for roleplay and have no crafts or gatherers or do no content and are only i89 then maybe, but this game just throws money at you if you play it.

Even though I was hoping for more than a personal room, 500k still feels worth it since it's permanent. It's pretty easy to do Aquapolis or something for a 60, but it might be hard for a newbie level 50 player to scrounge up that much gil.

It wasn't too bad here- starting from level 1 on 9/1 and going to my first 60 as of yesterday, I was able to scrounge up about 2.5 million gil. I didn't do any crafting at all- just questing, dungeons, challenge log, ventures, and selling anything and everything not bolted to the floor on the marketplace. I feel 500K is easily within reach for a new player! Estates? Eh, not so much... I was dreading trying for one of those.