looking for nomad rpers ♠ shroud ♠ keepers & more!

725x347https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/connections%20top%20banner.png[/img]

[align=center]Not all can survive outside city walls, [/align]

[align=center]just as not all can survive within. [/align]

sanrai bayaqud

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/connections%20intro%20left.png[/img]

[align=justify]

• Even as the roots of infrastructure and commerce began to take hold, there were those who chose not to conform. You were raised in one of Hydalen’s harsh wildernesses, be it from across the seas or here on Eorzean soil. The wisdoms of your family- and their ancestors before them- bestowed unto you a sophisticated knowledge of nature.

In recent times, however, the Eorzean city-states have called to you. Be it curiosity. Adventure. Dreams of starting anew. A lack of options. You were thrust into a world filled with law and custom that only served to baffle you. Sure, it has been difficult fitting in, but it has been worth it... Right?

You ask yourself this. Sometimes you just want to go back. Maybe you are one of the few who can. Fortunate you are to have what you do because there are many and more who do not. While you gaze up at the stars from beneath your tattered tent, curled up in a shaggy blanket beside a small fire coughing up its last plumes of smoke, you wonder why anything had to change.

[/align]

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/hello%20my%20name%20is.png[/img]

[align=justify]

• Feel free to call me Sam. Welcome to my Making Connections thread! I have been maining a nomadic hunter/gatherer Keeper miqo’te for almost a full year and I am looking for kindred spirits who share a passion for wilderness survival/camping/nomad RP. I find it difficult for my character to relate to the modernized Eorzean and those of you with similar characters will definitely know my plight!

I am looking to form a tight knit group of roleplayers who have mains/alts who choose to live (or want to live) outside city walls. We can form storylines/camaraderies/rivalries/travel with each other, be the best of friends, you name it!

If you have a character that might fit the bill and totally shorns the use of modern conveniences, contact me. Let’s start a discussion and get to know one another. If interested, you can learn more about the Shroud Life linkshell near the bottom of this post.

[/align]

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/stretch%20goals.png[/img]

• Create a comprehensive resource for canon lore on Eorzean flora and fauna.

• Share research on wilderness survival skills for roleplay integration. WIP

• Provide hubs for daily social interaction within a hunter/gatherer camp setting.

• Reach out to characters who wish to adhere to their tribal roots, whatever their situation.

• Grow a linkshell of proactive individuals who share a passion for #SHUNNING CITY RP :-)

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/breakdown.png[/img]

Shroud Life started with a focus in the Twelveswood, but if you still desire this kind of RP- regardless of location/race- you are still welcome. We can literally spark RP anywhere- Thanalan, La Noscea, Coerthas, etc. To clear things up, my character isn't looking to form a group or get people together, it's me OOC doing this in the hopes of getting more of the kind of RP I want for him. Whether your character tags along with mine, or he tags along with them, it is up to the RP! 

Alternatively (or in addition to) the Linkshell, you may leave your character name and location as a response and I will make a list in the next post. Our kind of RP is incredibly niche and finding you bastards is difficult enough, so I want to make sure you can at least find each other.

These are the kinds of characters I want to reach out to:

• Displaced Duskwight Elezen and Keeper Miqo'te |
    [align=justify]You have been called a poacher and a scofflaw for as long as you can remember. Countless years of racial tension with Gridania has forced you to grow thicker skin than most. You have become bitter in this time; jaded. But some part of you is hopeful. Change is on the horizon, if the last few years are anything to go by. Still, you avoid Gridanian settlements like the plague, and when you cannot, often find yourself biting your tongue. 

Whether or not the allegations to your character are true, you are just trying to survive, one way or another, the only way you know how. Even if you only take what you need to survive, somehow that is still far too much. Sure, you refuse to revere the Elementals as the Gridanians do, but you cannot deny the influence of their presence. Whether that acknowledgement comes with respect or fear, the forest sprites tend leave you alone, so long as they remain undisturbed.
    [/align]

• Xaela |
    Quite a long way from the Steppes, aren't you? No, you are certainly not home anymore, and since coming over, nothing has quite felt the same. At least the language barrier has chipped away over the years. Or perhaps it is as strong as it ever was. Were you one of the fortunate? To have found remnants of your own before learning how quickly Eorzea had changed them? However you see it, the trip across the sea has affected those you once thought to call brother. And it has altered even you in some small way, hasn’t it? That is what scares you the most.

Uncertainties aside, your wild heart belongs to the Steppes. Though it is only in your dreams that you race back to the lands of Othard and the trying wildernesses therein, you know your homelands cannot be reclaimed. Not now. But until the time comes, you would dare search for hope in this place- a chance to reclaim that feeling, here, on this side of the world.

• Seeker of the Sun|
    Tribal life is like all you and your family have known. Whether female or Tia, you find yourself wandering far and wide more than others of your family. Sometimes it gets you into trouble. Or perhaps you are fortunate and they do not mind so much, so long as you return in one piece.

• Your character may vary from my little blurbs, of course. If you know someone who is looking for -or might find value in- something like this, I encourage you to direct them this thread or give them my character name: Gehr'ir Ett. Thank you!

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/fit%20in.png[/img]

If your muse can empathize with at least ten of the statements below...

1. Most of what they own can be carried on their person.

2. They still do not understand how Linkpearls are supposed to work.

3. They travel almost exclusively by foot.

4. They don’t have enough gil for aetheryte travel anyway.

5. Finding a huge mound of grubs after a long day of failed hunts is AWESOME !!

6. Food isn't plentiful for them, and when it is, it’s gone in five seconds.

7. They don't like sharing food- at all- and when they do it's kind of a big deal.

8. People tell them they are uncouth or lacking in ‘manners’.

9. The desire to punch Yellow Adders and Wood Wailers in their stupid little faces is perfectly reasonable.

10. Silence and grunting are acceptable responses to any and all questions.

11. The wildly subjective and varied standards of ‘decency’ city-folk made up are completely irrational. As if seeing someone's jiggly bits will somehow scar them for life.

12. Privacy is an illusion.

13. If a weapon isn’t within arms reach, you’re doing it wrong.

14. That feeling when you run out of kindling…

15. They would rather sleep outdoors.

16. In fact, modern buildings make them feel cramped and uncomfortable.

17. You have had so many negative run-ins with 'the law' you are literally running out of fingers to count them on. See: Oschon’s Fingers

18. They were born with a bow and arrow (or spear) in their hand.

19. Your character wears the Sohm Al (Woad) gear IC, like, all the time. You wish SE came out with more foresty/huntsman equipment for them to wear. DAMN YOU SE.

20. Running water and shower heads are some kind of witchcraft.

21. Prayer to your deity of choice helps curb the solitude.

22. You are illiterate and that is OK. Never needed it anyway.

23. Their family continues to practice traditional/tribal life as a whole.

… I am positive they will fit in.

Disclaimer | Getting along with Gehr’ir is a completely different story. C:

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/linkshell.png[/img]

Linkshell Name: Shroud Life

Joining:  Send Gehr’ir Ett (Balmung) a /tell.

[align=center]A.CCOUNTABILITY | S.ELF-CONTROL | S.INCERITY[/align]

[align=center]These three points are hereby referred to as ASS. Show everyone [/align]

[align=center]how much of an ASS you are and you will fit into the linkshell just fine.

DISCORD M♥DERATORS | Gehrir Ett, Sanrai Bayaqud[/align]

Most are welcome ! Active players will be promoted to ★Leader. Please link your friends back to this thread tinyurl.com/shroudlife before inviting them.

• If you do not want to be ★Leader, let one of us know and we will demote you.

• I’m just going to see how this works. If the LS remains small, which I suspect it will, this shouldn’t be an issue. I will stop promoting ★Leaders if it grows to be more than 20-30 people (not including alts).

CHAT GUIDELINES | Before joining the Linkshell, please review the following:

• Be welcoming of all invitees, even if they do not currently have a nomadic character.

• Be aged 18 or more and comfortable with mature/adult themes.

• That said, public chats in Discord and in-game should stay SFW.

• Be civil. Even if you do not agree with someone’s thoughts or choices in RP, respect the difference and move on. People will ultimately RP what they want and you have the choice to decide who you conduct RP with.

• If someone doesn’t have their lore straight and you think you can help, bring it up!

• When sharing information about lore, it is courtesy to have sources available.

• When sharing headcanons, please label them as such.

• [align=justify]If you have a problem with someone, SAY SOMETHING! If breaching a subject civilly in public chat is not an option, speak with them privately, or go to a M♥D.
    [/align]

• [align=justify]If you see someone acting unruly, spamming, inciting conflict, etc., please take screenshots of the chat logs and send them to Gehr’ir Ett or other M♥D immediately.

[/align]

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/faq.png[/img]

• [align=justify]What kind of roleplay can I expect from Shroud Life?
    Camping, Mundane, Social, Survival, Traditional, Tribal. It will truly be what you make of it. I will be depending on those who join to get people together for roleplay as much as I would expect myself to do so. If you want to hang out in a certain place and invent hooks to get people involved, go for it!  Advertise what you want to do in the LS and see who takes a bite.

This is purely about making connections and having our characters come together. Characters who would likely not have met otherwise. Perhaps you will make a friend. Perhaps a rival. Everyone is encouraged to organize hunts, adventures, storylines, socializing, etc. Whatever inspires you.

[/align]

• [align=justify]What sounds/smells can be heard coming from camp?
    Crackling fire. A small drum. Depending on the amount of people: laughter, chatter, singing. Will you follow the scent of sage and amber to the warm, flickering firelight in the distance, or will you turn back?

[/align]

• [align=justify]Where are these camps normally located?
    Shroud Life RP can be anywhere, though I have these places in mind:

♠ Lilystone, Central Shroud (X 28, Y 30) Map
     Taker’s Rot, South Shroud (X 30, Y 20) Map
     South Shroud Landing, South Shroud (X 15, Y 34) Map
    ♠ Zephyr Drift, Middle La Noscea (X 25, Y 23) Map
    ♠ Drybone, Eastern Thanalan (X 17, Y 25) Map

Please ignore the mobs, or at least pretend they are random Shroud Life NPCS. If you have ideas for nifty new locations, let me know and I will throw them up here!

[/align]

• [align=justify]Why is that Xaela purring?
    Which one?

[/align]

• [align=justify]How do you feel about dice rolls?
    They’re all right, though I will go with whatever feels best for my character. For larger events, there is an in-game roll system I created called RNGCSMD (RNG Can Suck My Dic). More info on that here.

[/align]

[align=center]336x77https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xQ4fjJ7TzOCigCYjohsZrj5qpSNV7KCi5UlzEqVd3PUsERqUPm_dccbRkLMA4-1dvbO6TauoWmfQnOqhOFKdoQZBhnK8eefDf5Vj2p4mpv5K7MC54h04zl6gY7mzOqXqbrEXZRtW[/img]

[/align]

• [align=justify]What are some hooks I can use to approach these camps and get involved in RP?
    You can always brainstorm with others who are online to see if they can help you as well, but my general go-tos are:

1) You are tired/starving/injured and desperate for rest. Survival instinct draws you to thoughts of company for help, even if you might have to inconvenience a stranger.
    2) You are relaxing at camp/hunting/etc when you notice flickering firelight in the distance. Curiosity compels you to investigate.
    3) During your last trip into the city, you heard about a group of savages making camp in the area. Sounds like your kind of people!

Please keep in mind encroaching upon someone’s camp is a form of trespassing. If a weapon gets pulled on you, that is a perfectly reasonable survival response, especially if they do not know you. If your character wants to make nice, it is their responsibility to convince the other person they are not a threat.

[/align]

• [align=justify]You mentioned sharing sources for Wilderness Survival RP. I have not done my research just yet, but I am interested in learning more. Do you have any suggested reads for me?

Of course! Here’s is a brief list:

Wilderness Survival [source: Mizahar]
    How To Use EVERY Single Part Of An Animal [source: Off The Grid News]

[/align]

• [align=justify]What do you think of feral characters?
    I have heard the term but have not RP'd with someone who refers to their character as such. Although I do not necessarily agree with usage of the term to describe a member of sentient race, they would probably fit into what I am trying to do, I think?

[/align]

• You mention I have to be 18 years are older and that I have to be comfortable with mature/adult themes. What does this mean? Is this group going to be a huge clusterfuck of ERP? 

[align=center]
500x431 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/Art/heybaby.png[/img] 
[/align]

Seriously though!
These are soft guidelines. I am just narrowing down the type of person I want to appeal to by providing as much info as I can. Those who find what I have written to be relatable and are actually reading this far down are the people I want to meet. I do not care so much about the specifics, but know I am NOT trying to appeal to all of you. This kind of rp isn't for everyone. 

• [align=justify]What is your availability?
    My time zone is CST (Central Stanard-US) and I am available daily between 9pm CST and 3am CST.[/align]

• [align=justify]Can I still do this even if I have an FC/my character lives in a house/has a room somewhere?
    Considering I do not intend on making this an FC, yes. Yes and yes.[/align]

• [align=justify]Your question here.
    Ask me stuff.
    [/align]

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/support.png[/img]

Links Out

• Your Group Here \ Contact \ URL \ Info

If you would like to advertise your tribal/nomadic/traditional linkshell or free company here, please respond with the following: GROUP NAME / URL / Short description. Thank you.

Huge thanks to everyone who has been able to entertain my desire for camp RP thus far. Thank you Maqali and Sanrai for helping me review this information. E'salih for going out of their way to make and level various characters just to help me explore mine. Morbolvine CLAN for being the first FCs I joined and initial introduction to Keeper RP. I made it this far thanks to you guys! #end sappy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

725x50https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/XIVRP/discord.png[/img]

• M♥derators
    Gehr'ir Ett
    Sanrai Bayaqud

• Text Channels

scrub-announcements : important updates of various relevant things
    discourse-of-the-day : topics anyone can ask about anything! respond at your leisure
    rp-workshop-ooc : for planning, plotting, and brainstorming.
    general-ooc : ooc chat and discussion
    camp-one : text-rp
    camp-two : text-rp

NOTE: If a post has not been made in an RP channel in 24 hours, just end the previous scene and start a new one.

NOTE: If everyone seems done responding to the current topic in Discourse of the Day, feel free to submit a new one at any time.

• Voice Channels

<1st channel> : general voice chat
    to the races : chocobo racing nerds
    watching youtubes : everyone is muted in this channel
    Shhh! RP In Progress : ic and in-game? use this room! please be courteous and quiet.
    Playing The Game : for general gaming
    AFK : users are flushed down the toilet after 5 minutes of idle.

This caught my attention! 

My girl is probably a bit more middle-of-the-road, though. Kasi grew up in a Keeper tribe out in the South Shroud that actively poached, but later ended up joining the Twin Adders for a somewhat more stable income and so she could get proper training. She retired from the military a good 5 years later, as she can only stand rigorous structure for so long before she starts to go a little crazy. She's a bit of a wilderness lone wolf when it comes down to it, and she's a bit of a sirloin / venison / jerky enthusiast to boot. She does a fair bit of wandering and travels with most- if not all- of what she owns.

My girl is probably a bit more middle-of-the-road, though. Kasi grew up in a Keeper tribe out in the South Shroud that actively poached, but later ended up joining the Twin Adders for a somewhat more stable income and so she could get proper training. She retired from the military a good 5 years later, as she can only stand rigorous structure for so long before she starts to go a little crazy. She's a bit of a wilderness lone wolf when it comes down to it, and she's a bit of a sirloin / venison / jerky enthusiast to boot. She does a fair bit of wandering and travels with most- if not all- of what she owns.

Ooh. A former adder, even. Sounds good! I am open to random encounters in the wood. Let's see if our availability matches up and maybe we can get some RP going in-game soon! Here are some hooks that jump to mind:

1. She can stumble across one of his traps, either by triggering it or finding a small animal caught in a snare. Most are for catching food, but he sets up swinging-log traps closer to camp for protection. He won't be too far away.
  2. He can just blindly run into her camp with my NPC, Samon'a, toting behind him. The shenanigans. Nothing will go wrong.
  3. He smells her cooking a big kill and just has to come visit. Maybe he will bring something to share!
  4. ... and whatever you can think of. I can wing it!

It will be a brief first encounter. Gehr'ir doesn't like to spend too much time away from his camp. We can see how they mesh and consider setting up RP for next time.

[align=center]200x126https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/GIF/wiggle01.gif[/img]

[/align]

This look awesome!

I can't justify myself joining the LS, as I rarely roleplay my Keeper dad catte, Nhago'to Jinjahl, but I'd def be up for some roleplay! Although I fear he's really my super casual character who I pop onto from time to time.

[align=center]uUaPW1l.png

[align=left]

Nhago is just your average Keeper dad, who wanders between places. He lives a very simple life. Hunting, courting some Miqo'te women before he gets shooed off, sniping the odd Garlean with his bow, avoiding the Woodwailers and Gridanians, and just goes to wherever his feet take him. Not that he has been outside the Shroud, but is mostly of the time found there. He has little reason to leave the place after all, unless wanderlust drags him out of the Twelveswood for a couple of months.

Anyhow, yes, I'd love to roleplay with more Miqo'te Keepers, but as I said, he is really, really my rare get away character at this point, and I'd loathe to take a slot in your LS if I'm not going to be super active to begin with![/align]

[/align]

As I said to you in private I... have not much to offer with my character besides common origin... I find the idea super interesting though. RP in the wilderness is something I enjoy a lot. 

Well, I can see an improbable scenario where my character could actually find her way there, find it actually super 'cool' and 'edgy' and what you have or whatever works, and have fun coming back again? She's not especially against nature and solitude - quite the contrary - after all. Well, she is a Keeper oddity for sure.

If you want, I can see where it leads organically and all?

This look awesome!

I can't justify myself joining the LS, as I rarely roleplay my Keeper dad catte, Nhago'to Jinjahl, but I'd def be up for some roleplay! Although I fear he's really my super casual character who I pop onto from time to time.

[align=center][align=left]

Nhago is just your average Keeper dad, who wanders between places. He lives a very simple life. Hunting, courting some Miqo'te women before he gets shooed off, sniping the odd Garlean with his bow, avoiding the Woodwailers and Gridanians, and just goes to wherever his feet take him. Not that he has been outside the Shroud, but is mostly of the time found there. He has little reason to leave the place after all, unless wanderlust drags him out of the Twelveswood for a couple of months.

Anyhow, yes, I'd love to roleplay with more Miqo'te Keepers, but as I said, he is really, really my rare get away character at this point, and I'd loathe to take a slot in your LS if I'm not going to be super active to begin with![/align]

[/align]

You can still join the LS even if you do not use him much. When you ARE on him, we'll just have some GREAT RP, yeah? You'll have all of us to poke and bug for shenanigans. I am not worried about taking up slots. We got 128 of them and I don't think we're going to fill them all up. Haha. Just shoot me a message if you're on and I can add you, no problem! He sounds amazing and I'd like to meet him! We can exchange dad jokes and squabble over the ladyfolk.

As I said to you in private I... have not much to offer with my character besides common origin... I find the idea super interesting though. RP in the wilderness is something I enjoy a lot. 

Well, I can see an improbable scenario where my character could actually find her way there, find it actually super 'cool' and 'edgy' and what you have or whatever works, and have fun coming back again? She's not especially against nature and solitude - quite the contrary - after all. Well, she is a Keeper oddity for sure.

If you want, I can see where it leads organically and all?

So long as you enjoy wilderness RP, I think there is something you can certainly offer! We could craft a scenario that makes sense for your character and I can fit Gehir'ir into it. He spends the most time in Twelveswood, followed by Thanalan, and La Noscea and HS zones the least. If there is a will, there is a way, and if you want in, we can certainly make it work!

Ooh. A former adder, even. Sounds good! I am open to random encounters in the wood. Let's see if our availability matches up and maybe we can get some RP going in-game soon! Here are some hooks that jump to mind:

1. She can stumble across one of his traps, either by triggering it or finding a small animal caught in a snare. Most are for catching food, but he sets up swinging-log traps closer to camp for protection. He won't be too far away.
  2. He can just blindly run into her camp with my NPC, Samon'a, toting behind him. The shenanigans. Nothing will go wrong.
  3. He smells her cooking a big kill and just has to come visit. Maybe he will bring something to share!
  4. ... and whatever you can think of. I can wing it!

It will be a brief first encounter. Gehr'ir doesn't like to spend too much time away from his camp. We can see how they mesh and consider setting up RP for next time.

This sounds fantastic to me- hell, I'd even propose a combination. She could easily stumble on an animal caught in one of his traps, notice nobody in the immediate vicinity, and steal off with it to cook it up in her own "camp." At that point, there's a few options with him searching for the missing catch and latching on to the smell of her doing some good 'ol cast iron grillin'. You can even throw Samon'a in there. I'm down for just about anything here though- feel free to hit me up in-game and we can just throw it together! I'm usually online after 5PM CST until 11PM during the week- pretty easy to find anytime on the weekend. That being said, I do run dungeons in the evenings too, which may complicate things a bit... but whatever- figure somethin' out!

Also, totally appreciate the work you threw into the whole post dude- kudos!

Also, totally appreciate the work you threw into the whole post dude- kudos!

This is a passion for me, so if I'm not try-harding, I'm doing it wrong. Snrk. I can definitely see this happening though, so I will try to catch you online tonight!

• Alternatively to in-game, you can contact me on Discord: Samfret#1204  
  • The Shroud Life Discord channel can be accessed with this link: https://discord.gg/3F2N8 

Hope to see you there! There are a handful of others in the group at current, and any one of them can add you to the LS in-game if I do not find you first! 

[align=center]200x137https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57857922/XIV/GIF/blowkiss02.gif[/img]

[/align]

Flynt has a lot of history in this area and this is right up my alley! Going to try and find you IG.

Hey there, Flynt. Ithink I've seen you around Uldah!

I won't be online until later tonight - after 9pm CST. So about 7 hours from now. I'll drop a note in our discord so if one of the other nerdlords are available before me, they can throw you an invite to the LS.

Sl33t, I LOVE the amount of detail you put in this post. This kind of thing was something I wanted to do in the past, but I joined the game right as people were coming from 1.0, and was rather alone with my character theme. Kiht Jakkya has only ever met one other Keeper wilderness nomad, and that character's player has long since left the game :(

For three years, she's had to walk the line between her heritage and the civilized world. I don't regret it, I've made many friends, but in her heart, she is still a traditional Keeper.

I don't know if Kiht would fit, and I don't know how much spare time I would have on her for another LS, but I am very interested in how things go. If things slow down a bit, maybe I can arrange RP with the LS members on Kiht or her sister.

I'd join if you don't mind someone who would be observing the channel, and participating in OOC discussions most of the time. RP would depend on an opening in my unpredictable, but busy schedule.

Sl33t, I LOVE the amount of detail you put in this post. This kind of thing was something I wanted to do in the past, but I joined the game right as people were coming from 1.0, and was rather alone with my character theme. Kiht Jakkya has only ever met one other Keeper wilderness nomad, and that character's player has long since left the game :(

For three years, she's had to walk the line between her heritage and the civilized world. I don't regret it, I've made many friends, but in her heart, she is still a traditional Keeper.

I don't know if Kiht would fit, and I don't know how much spare time I would have on her for another LS, but I am very interested in how things go. If things slow down a bit, maybe I can arrange RP with the LS members on Kiht or her sister.

I'd join if you don't mind someone who would be observing the channel, and participating in OOC discussions most of the time. RP would depend on an opening in my unpredictable, but busy schedule.

I feel for Kiht. My character would be loathe to walk that line, though. He knows who he is and where his heart belongs. Which means he rarely sticks around for city rp, even if I would like him to!

As for time, I am not worried about tha at all! If you would like to be in the linkshell, regardless your participation or availablity, you are more than welcome. I am not going to police activity. We've got 150 something slots and that's more than enough space to hoard you guys.

You may, of course, leave and rejoin whenever you like. That goes for everyone. It's very open! Do wat works best for you.

Gehr'ir can be found most often in the Twelveswood, though I can make up reasons for him to be in Thanalan and La Noscea as well. Let's see where we go! I'll be free tonight and tomorrow morning /afternoon!

Hi there! A couple of friends and I are definitely interested in joining a linkshell like this for a few of our alts. We've been itching to roleplay in-game, but of course, it's harder to find people out in the world to interact with and our characters aren't going to head into Ul'dah and stand around in the Quicksand anytime soon. 

Feel free to boop me in game to chat/invite, I'll either be on my main Oyuu Dataq, or my alt I want to join on, Rhako'a Shari. ^o^/

Hi there! A couple of friends and I are definitely interested in joining a linkshell like this for a few of our alts. We've been itching to roleplay in-game, but of course, it's harder to find people out in the world to interact with and our characters aren't going to head into Ul'dah and stand around in the Quicksand anytime soon. 

Feel free to boop me in game to chat/invite, I'll either be on my main Oyuu Dataq, or my alt I want to join on, Rhako'a Shari. ^o^/

Omg. You're a scrublord even! Perfect. You and your friends are welcome to join on whatever characters they like, and I would enjoy meeting them! I will be available most of the day and I am about to log in now!

I had browsed your making connections thread months ago, tbh. (I am looking for a mentor for Gehr'ir in thaumaturgy.) I figured our schedules would be too far offset to do anything consistently so I didn't message you. If you are interested/looking for students I am still interested in that!

Omg. You're a scrublord even! Perfect. You and your friends are welcome to join on whatever characters they like, and I would enjoy meeting them! I will be available most of the day and I am about to log in now!

I had browsed your making connections thread months ago, tbh. (I am looking for a mentor for Gehr'ir in thaumaturgy.) I figured our schedules would be too far offset to do anything consistently so I didn't message you. If you are interested/looking for students I am still interested in that!

Heh, I'll be home in a couple of hours so I will try and catch you and get my fellow scrublords to join too. And we can definitely discuss the thaumaturgy stuff, if I can't do it personally, Oyuu knows plenty of other mages (who are in more friendlier timezones :P) that I could recommend. Talk to you soon, and thanks for reading my thread! o/

Heh, I'll be home in a couple of hours so I will try and catch you and get my fellow scrublords to join too. And we can definitely discuss the thaumaturgy stuff, if I can't do it personally, Oyuu knows plenty of other mages (who are in more friendlier timezones :P) that I could recommend. Talk to you soon, and thanks for reading my thread! o/

Hey, anytime man. And thanks! I will certainly appreciate the chat and recommendations. :thumbsup:

Talk to you later, friend!

This sounds wonderful and I'd love to join the LS. Nako has somewhat acclimated to societal life, but still needs weeks or even months to run off into the wilderness and live more simply in order to keep sane.

My character can certainly empathize with the 'keeping sane' bit! I will PM you a list of names you can contact in-game. Alternatively, you may pop into the discord when you are in-game and see who may be online to throw you an invite! We look forward to meeting you!

:cactuar: