looking for nomad rpers ♠ shroud ♠ keepers & more!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Is this thread still up and kicking about, maybe~?

If so, I'm very curious / interested in throwing in my scaly derp of a wanderer Whisper into the fray of this. She'll not only invade the streets of Ul'dah, but she'll also invade Gridania and its precious and wild shrouds surrounding it for something of peace, rest and solitude. Attempting to live in a city like Ul'dah or traveling around on its usually busy-as-hell streets is a pain in the scaly ass for someone seemingly semi-aloof as her.

For the most part the only reason why my character would even bother city interaction is because of the thaumaturge's guild, their library and the social interaction that my character can snag here and there in the evenings when the desert sun is not so painfully bright. Something to refresh the social ties she has to the races inhabiting the place she likes to creep upon, ya know? That and she has to keep up duties and side jobs to keep the gil rolling in just enough to get some books here and there; new material she couldn't otherwise scrounge up herself; and tools in case the old ones break on her mid crafting.

Anyway, she tends to eat most of her food over the course of several days (rationing in case she travels great distances between Thanalan and the shrouds.) Being in crowded places in buildings really puts her off as she tends to shy away from large social gatherings where people have a tendency to be cramped together.

Just in general. Crowds = Nono. :tonberry:

A wandering sorceress, Whisper switches between walking every where on foot and riding a magical broomstick. Where she got it? The best story (excuse) she can surmise is that a clumsy witch slammed into one of the big trees in Thanalan. By her estimation, the poor soul probably wasn't watching where she was flying.

She's approachable in most social cases. In fact, she's willing to answer questions and somewhat talk about herself and her business--if you can understand her strangely archaic English and pestering riddles. If you ask her to answer short and clearly, she'll give you very short and blunt answers, such as a grunt, a yes, a no, or even silence. Too bad her tail is too expressive for her to keep her general emotions under lock and key like her mask would have you believe.

Ah, before this gets too long, I'll go ahead and give ya guys links to her wiki-page and stuff.

The Wandering Whisper <--- there ya go. In there includes her tumblr blog too. (Not sorry)

Anyway, hit me up tell wise either on here or via /tell @ Lyn'thena Stoh [balmung server]. I frequent the place mid day usually (Central American Time), and always up for random rps. Anything to keep development and brain stimulus going! That and this has only been my 5th day playing in FFXIV and actually getting myself involved in the world instead of blitzing through the derned quests / main quest up to a point.

I'm above the age of 18, and Oh boy do I got a lot of roleplay experience under my belt. Just wish my brain would agree with me story writing wise. Aaaaa :(

Hey there! Yes, it most certainly is still very much alive, no less in-game or in Discord, for that matter. 

There's not much doubt here that Whisper would fit in with the landscape here in Shroudlife; just about everyone here is a wanderer of some sort, if not a wilderness survivalist outright. We typically try to avoid cities for the most part. We generally organize run-ins rather frequently- almost nightly- where characters can run across one another, conduct trade, catch up, exchange stories... that sort of thing. This happens pretty much anywhere. After that, everyone goes separate ways until the next time they manage to cross paths. It's all fairly organic. Here's a bit of a preview:

r3Q1p3Y.jpg

I can't speak for the others, but at least in Kasi's case, she's kind of a traveling retired-soldier-gone-mercenary always taking odd jobs and she can show up practically anywhere while she's working. Her somewhat dubious morals allow her to take on most contracts if there's something that needs doing- at least, up to a point. She usually has meats to trade for other foodstuffs like fish, nuts, and fruits. 

You're certainly more than welcome to toss in! :thumbsup: If nothing else, you're certainly welcome to tap me in-game. 

And of course, welcome to FFXIV!

This looks like it would fit my Xaela. I'm still working on him (and new to FF and its lore so its slower for me to come up with his backstory, and feel free to point things out if it doesn't work with like, say the clan i picked has actually been dead the last century so no way he can't be from there or something). He's from the Kha clan and left to escape the Empire and ended up in Lima Lominsa, since hes from Kha hes not all that against strange cultures but, its still a big shock for him and breathes easier out of cities. He's probably a bit serious and fairly on guard (understandably), but he's not hostile.

So I'm not sure how much he really counts as a nomad, but if you'd like another keeper male, my machinist Misha'to Nhami might be able to fit! He's an engineer/marksman, and he comes from a Keeper clan that lives in the northern Shroud. So! If you'd like I could have him join the LS.

[align=center]391x311http://i.imgur.com/SJpOo2N.png[/img][/align]

[align=center]Besides, he's got a nice smile.[/align]

Hey there! :D

You're certainly more than welcome to toss in- it's pretty much open-invite networking. The group is pretty heavy on Discord as well as in-game, so the first thing you'd want to do is get plugged into the Discord channel here:

https://discord.gg/SzzsgtJ

(You can also find this on Gehr'ir's second post of the OP, along with channel info as well!)

Past that, try to nab one of us in-game and anyone can pretty much invite you. Soliciting in the linkshell for RP is strongly encouraged- might even find yourself a storyline here or there as well!

• 1 month later...

I certainly wouldn't mind becoming a part of the linkshell! Django, at the moment due to an RP with Kasi Nebuko, has had to step out of his comfort zone and into the wild to avoid certain elements reaching out and grabbing him in Ul'Dah. So... kind of a 'bumbling teen having to learn how to survive in the wild' sort of thing going on.

Other than that, Django's a rough and tumble good-natured delinquent, so he's far more likely to share even when he knows he can't.

Well, hopefully I hear from you soon. Until then!

My Xaela Raeje is living in Gridania, but she never stays there for long. Although she does have a full time job (with my FC) she still spends much time roaming. She actually fled Othard on her own, and found her way to Gridania. Would you like someone like her in the LS?

I'm still in the process of creating and fleshing out my character, but I think this Linkshell seems like an environment my character would do well in! I figure my Xaela would be less inclined to settle down in a city-state, favouring a nomadic lifestyle in Eorzea due to the circumstances of his upbringing; with the Dhoro tribe being constantly on the move. He's a bit socially awkward due to lack of interaction with those outside his tribe, but is fascinated by the races and cultures of the new nation he has found himself in.

I've yet to transfer over to Balmung and it'll probably be a while before I do, but I just wanted to express interest now since this seems like a great lil' community. No hard feelings at all if my character isn't what you're looking for!

My Xaela Raeje is living in Gridania, but she never stays there for long. Although she does have a full time job (with my FC) she still spends much time roaming. She actually fled Othard on her own, and found her way to Gridania. Would you like someone like her in the LS?

Done & done!

I'm still in the process of creating and fleshing out my character, but I think this Linkshell seems like an environment my character would do well in! I figure my Xaela would be less inclined to settle down in a city-state, favouring a nomadic lifestyle in Eorzea due to the circumstances of his upbringing; with the Dhoro tribe being constantly on the move. He's a bit socially awkward due to lack of interaction with those outside his tribe, but is fascinated by the races and cultures of the new nation he has found himself in.

I've yet to transfer over to Balmung and it'll probably be a while before I do, but I just wanted to express interest now since this seems like a great lil' community. No hard feelings at all if my character isn't what you're looking for!

Found this little gem through Kasi's sig, and W H E W I'd love to join in if y'all would have me! IGN is Syndra Avagnar.

Very interested

Cy'xanne is a desert born Seeker of the Sun who's a bit of a Shroud fanboy, he loves everything about it, wanders around it and does much of his hunting there. He'd love to be part of something like this for various reasons

Cy'xanne Tora is the character's name.

Y'all can go ahead and use this link to join the Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/SzzsgtJ

From there, you can pester either myself, Sanrai, or Gehr'ir to plug you into the in-game linkshell whenever you're ready to rumble! The only real requirement here is that you've read the OP's, which I'm sure you have- as long as you have cause to want to interact with wilderness survivalists or wilderness traders or just the wilderness in general (doesn't even need to be the Shroud), you've due cause to join up! The whole group is very welcoming to new folks, so- welcome aboard! 

Seeing this pop up in "Latest Threads" reminded me that Kasi tried to suggest this Linkshell to me. I had trouble catching them in game and eventually forgot about it. :blush:

I really liked the idea of "let's camp out in a forest and RP instead of hanging out in a tavern all the time". Problem is my times are terrible. I tend to be on around 10 pm which isn't the worst until you realize it's Pacific...

So I guess my question is is there a late night (or possibly early morning) crowd in this Linkshell? If so who could I contact around those times for an invite (or could they possibly keep an eye out for me)? If not thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Seeing this pop up in "Latest Threads" reminded me that Kasi tried to suggest this Linkshell to me. I had trouble catching them in game and eventually forgot about it. :blush:

I really liked the idea of "let's camp out in a forest and RP instead of hanging out in a tavern all the time". Problem is my times are terrible. I tend to be on around 10 pm which isn't the worst until you realize it's Pacific...

So I guess my question is is there a late night (or possibly early morning) crowd in this Linkshell? If so who could I contact around those times for an invite (or could they possibly keep an eye out for me)? If not thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I honestly don't know, since I'm out around 9 PM Pacific. That being said, you're welcome to use the Discord link above and join the server at least! I have seen activity in Discord (the following morning) for after 10 PM Pacific, so you can ask around that time if anyone can invite you. I'm under the impression there's a few late night people. Wish I could give you a more solid answer on this. :(

I honestly don't know, since I'm out around 9 PM Pacific. That being said, you're welcome to use the Discord link above and join the server at least! I have seen activity in Discord (the following morning) for after 10 PM Pacific, so you can ask around that time if anyone can invite you. I'm under the impression there's a few late night people. Wish I could give you a more solid answer on this. :(

Still kinda figuring out Discord but I'll try to jump in there later today/tonight. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! One of your members brought this up to me and I think it would be a great idea for Xerh'a to be in this lovely RP. Xerh'a for the past few years has just been wandering from place to place and just can't seem to settle down anywhere but the good old Black Shroud. Xerh'a gets along with the Adders with the simple rule of, "Don't bother me, and I won't bother you." Otherwise, a fight usually breaks out. Xerh'a travels light and often lives off the land and staying in a hotel just don't fit him very well. He's an excellent hunter and prides himself off a good chase.

I'm not sure my character fits the criteria but she does spend a lot of time in the wilderness due to lack of funds, not actually having a home and frequency of travel.(she's on the road a lot).  So if you don't mind a ginger midlander stopping by now and then I'd be happy to participate.