Your Character's Drunk Personality

Arblis starts giving people really stupid nicknames. This quickly devolves into passionate arguments about things nobody really cares about, such as how nobody pronounces Miqo'te names right. These arguments, of course, require no basis in fact.

Other than that, she doesn't worry nearly as much and gets waves of sleepiness and energy with no warning whatsoever. Though maybe that last bit isn't all that different from usual, come to think of it. >_>

• 1 month later...

Raine is a social drinker, and generally speaking, she'll get even more chatty and make less sense. She laughs a lot, but her already somewhat labile mood also tends to get more pronounced and she can get a bit more "punchy" if she gets mad.

She usually avoids throwing up but does sometimes black out. While she does get hangovers, she's usually fairly upbeat about it and always have a ton of "remedies" against it, with varying degrees of success.

Raeje doesn't drink too often (She's a fogweed smoker though. Naughty bard). However, when she does drink, it has similar effects to when she is on stage. Her social anxiety seems to just melt away, and she can feel at ease around people. She feels mellow, and has no problems talking to others. That's after quite a few drinks though. Just one isn't going to do anything.

Kisa usually avoids alcohol... not because of any grandiose reason but because she understands the effects it has on people. However when she does drink she tends to become giggly and tries to tell things she thinks are jokes. The reason I say 'she thinks are jokes' is because for the most part when she is drunk, she finds the most mundane things hilarious...

After finally having Chachan get drunk on a spiked drink, I managed to figure out what kind of drunk he is. First of all, he comes from a line with insufferable tolerance, so he's inherently not a lightweight - but is quite inexperienced on moderation. So if he is drinking, which is still not very common, he usually needs someone else to keep an eye on him otherwise he could drain far more alcohol than he probably should.

As for how he behaves while drunk, he's basically snugglebug 2.0. He's cuddly and rambly and generally less inhibited than usual. This includes his mouth, though he's still a massive dork so his "loosened tongue" mostly means he'll say things like "boobs" without stammering. Shocking, I know. He's also far more giggly, able to be sent into fits of laughter at the dumbest of jokes.

He hasn't yet drunk enough to really suffer a hangover as of yet, but he's still not a fan of the fuzzy grogginess the day after. Leaves him more inattentive than usual and generally just cuts into his work time as he tries to recollect himself.

Scarlet is a dedicated researcher, but recognizes that taking a break is essential for a healthy mind and success in one's work. Further, social connections have an important role to play in the spread of science and information. It stands to reason that she partakes moderately (and regularly) to help take her mind off of her work and make socializing easier.

She doesn't often drink to excess, but if she does, she may open up about her guarded insecurities around mortality and attachment...

... though it's more likely that she'll loudly remind you and everyone in earshot that no matter what you all decided to do with your life, none of it matters, nothing lasts forever, and in your wake will lie countless dreams: unfinished, discarded, and never touched at all!

"I don't see anyone else here doing anything about it! Am I alone in this righteous fight against Death itself? Come with me if you want to live!!!!"

Koichi has only taken one sip of ale...

He was with his party at a tavern, right after a highly lucrative job. He'd finally gotten up the nerve to tell his beloved Roegadyn gal how he felt about her. He took a sip from his mug, but as her older her, she burst out -- red-faced, laughing.

"Ah, Koi you're hilarious; you need to lay off the beer!"

And so, Koichi never touched alchohol ever again...

• 4 weeks later...

Koichi has only taken one sip of ale...

He was with his party at a tavern, right after a highly lucrative job. He'd finally gotten up the nerve to tell his beloved Roegadyn gal how he felt about her. He took a sip from his mug, but as her older her, she burst out -- red-faced, laughing.

"Ah, Koi you're hilarious; you need to lay off the beer!"

And so, Koichi never touched alchohol ever again...

Poor Koichi >.<

Shy Diamond rarely drinks, and if she does it's usually when she is by herself, as aspects of her personality that she keeps under wraps tend to boil dangerously close to the surface when she is inebriated. >.>;

This is sort of inverted for the character that actually drinks, which is Hyrist.

It's less Hyrist's 'Drunk' Personality than so much Hyrist's public personality. He presents the public face of being a complete lush. He drinks, he's vastly inappropriate with zero social stigmas. (Woman: "My eyes are up here!" Hyrist: "Yes but your tiii-tanic center of gravity is right there, how do you STAND!?" Are they stuffed with wind-crystals?) 

He'll state whatever's on his mind in the most low-brow humor possible.

Getting him to be serious is the trick. Drunken silliness is the norm.

Shiramun's another one of those types with an iron gut, so it's hard to get him even remotely tipsy, but if he does dip over the edge? Fun times can be had [at least in a general sense of things], depending on who he's drinking with. Not so much fun if he's drinking alone.

To put it simply, my Xaela is an honest drunk, he tends to lose any sense of restraint or decency and will oftentimes blurt out how he feels about this or that without regard of another's feelings, or any consequences he may suffer for it [like telling an officer in the Maelstrom he works under what he thinks of that person's work ethic, despite it being a very, VERY bad idea.]

Reiko's drink of choice is most often tea. When she does drink, she gets really drunk very quickly as her alcohol tolerance is very low. She bounces back and forth between angry/confrontational and uncontrollable laughter/talkative. She also loses her concept of personal space and likes to touch people's faces. She has not yet become violent, which is good because her martial skills fly out the window when inebriated.

As for my other characters, I haven't really given it any thought.

For Benedict I keep it genuine, when he gets drunk . . . I get drunk and that is what leads to fantastic nuggets of dialogue like the following being shouted out while holding onto an equally drunk woman while standing on a table:

"I am a man of keen eye and slurred speech! A marvel of the world I live in and truly a man well past his expiration date! I am a whisper on the lips barflys and broken down Limosan hookers! I am BENEDICT!" -Quote from a VERY drunk Benedict, spoken in the same tone as the Kevin Conroy "I am the Night, I am Batman" speech.

Ben is loud, cheerful, and tends to make very little sense when he/we/I am drunk. :) Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Honestly that's a good one....

For what happens to Cherry when drunk. Hmm.

I would have to say she's the type you don't realize she's drunk, until she starts talking. It's not that she slurrs or anything, but more that when she's quiet, she doesn't look drunk except for the flushed cheeks to show she's buzzed.

But then again, she tends to be very loud when she is drunk. But that only lasts, like, for five minutes before she be going looking for a bed to pass out on since she be too tired to do anything else. xD

• 1 month later...

Aloyv drunk.... hmm...

I see him as becoming far less reserved and breaks away from the "proper noble" behavior. He's a bit more blunt about his thoughts an opinions, and also becomes a bit more physical than normal. Not exactly clingy, but just more comfortable being cuddly and closer to people.

Really, he probably just brings down the walls he's set up around himself.

Eses is terrified of her drunk personality:

Giggly, illogical, unnecessarily clingy and extremely amorous towards her intended target should said target be present in the area. She'd openly avoid the champagne in the ballroom to avoid trying to mack her partner on the dance floor..in front of sophisticated individuals.

• 1 month later...

Xau would likely talk endlessly on any of a number of given subjects to anybody unfortunate enough to have been snatched up by her.

Possible subjects, in no particular order:

1. A military history of the various wars and invasions conducted by ancient Allag.

"You'd think that'd be the end of ol' Emperor Xande's plans on Mera... Meracydia, wouldn'cha? Well, you'd be wrong! You wanna know why you'd be wrong! Well, I'll tell ya why you'd be wrong! Y'see, Allag was like, 'Oooh, nooo, our civilization is declining', and so..."

2. An impromptu, oral love letter to the genius of the classical Nymians and their aetheric techniques.

"Jus' thin' 'bout it! They too' the arcane geometries, and they... Are ya listenin'?! This is the impor'an' par', so listen good! They too' the arcane geometries and... And ya know wha' they di'? Well, I'll tell ya wha' they di'! They..."

3. An offhand polemic against conjury, the Hearers, and the Seedseers.

"Is sooo dumb, though! They don' eve' un'erstan' how their magi' works! Can ya... Can ya... *hic!* Imagi'e usin' magi' when ya don' know how ya magi' works? *hic!* YEAH I'M TALKIN' ABOU' YOU, YA DUMB TREE-HUGGIN' IDIOT! LET ME GO! THEY WANNA GO, I'LL GO!"

...and so on and so forth. This, of course, would just be her usual drunk personality, but she'd easily have different drunken moods depending on what her previous sober mood was like.

Savona's pretty much the Jersey Shores style of drunk. A mess of blonde hair dancing to her hearts content atop a table surrounded by onlookers, while probably losing her shoes and possibly her shirt somewhere. It's almost guaranteed she'll try to make out with at least one or two different people.

• 10 months later...

V'arekai used to have bit of an alcohol problem... with cheap and potentially super shady homemade stuff you can likely find from those sad refugee slums outside Ul'dah.
I mean, it is probably significant stroke of luck that he isn't blind... or dead. Err, but hey, he was pretty depressed... and total fucking idiot at that point of his life. Bad choices...
I can only imagine him as this... super awkward and silent and nigh catatonic thing while intoxicated. At least, at the height of his depression.
Nowadays he simply avoids drinking too much. Tricking him into drinking too much makes him just vomit, I think, as silently and awkwardly as possible. 

Altann doesn't drink very often but when she does, all her normal reservations and level-headedness goes out the window. She's loud, and fun, and might even try to arm wrestle you. Of course, this is intoxication, with just a buzz she'd be a smiling lizard.