Knights of Eorzea [Adventurer & Tavern]

I would like to personally welcome Aubriene Dawnsteel to our community!

She is an Ishgardian Weapon Smith who is also equally as skilled with her craft as she is with her sword. She Joined us amidst our stay at Little Ala Mhigo and will be offering the Refugee's there new tools as well as fixing up a few of their old gates! Welcome on Board Aubriene Dawnsteel!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Knights of Eorzea's Daily Ramblings!

Below is a Sample of our Last RP Event, Well more or less a small write up of the after effects of the event and what occurred during it:

[align=center]C H A P T E R - I V : T H E - H U N T

Attendance: Greimort, Rylso, Bard, Cyneler, Julietta, Knife

[/align]

[align=center]R U I N S - N O R T H - E A S T - O F - L I T T L E - A L A M H I G O[/align]

[align=justify]Once more the Knights of Eorzea were summoned to task, this time to head out into the desert toward old ruin's which reports of a dangerous creature was causing great harm to the Little Ala Mhigan Hunters. Of course there are more to the report then what was noted on the surface. After all they weren't just hunting a creature they were hunting a stone monster that was crafted by the will of old Aether, that bore a curse if not directly confronted. So the Knights would confront this creature head on waiting for night fall to make their move. With Knife giving out directions for the ambush, the party would wait hours for this thing to manifest and once it did quickly the sound of battle erupted breaking the silence of the night air.

[/align]

[align=justify]

Greimort from the rear would supply ample encouragement to those at the front, giving them aid and bolstering their attacks. Holding the line would be Bard, Cyneler and Knife while Julietta and Ryslo offered ranged support. The sound of metal grinding against stone, the thunderous claps of the Golems feet hitting the ground, the chilling aetherial energy that floated about and of course the explosions of pain that was being inflicted onto the Golem and the Knights that held their ground. All this was in tandem creating a orchestra of events that would make the night a long one. As the sun rose the Knights would come out victorious, however Knife and Rylso would suffer injuries, Knife in more critical condition. Retreating after their objective was met they would spend the next few days in recovery as those not terribly injured would do routine chores around Little Ala Mhigo to help with the upkeep of their stay.[/align]

Last Evening (1/24/2017) the Knights of Eorzea defended a makeshift outpost in the deserts of Thanalan from the Amalj'aa. Low and behold, however, it appears the motivation for the attack came from Imperial Subterfuge as they took an Imperial Captive that same evening. Regardless the Outpost was saved and for now they reside there guarding it from further attacks for the next few nights as well as keeping the Imperial Guarded until they can figure out what to do with him.

Just wanted to drop a small side note about our Recruitment.

We are still recruiting especially now that we have a few of our members being risen to the Rank of Knight, they'll need new members to Mentor and help grow. With that said we are recruiting for 'all' class types. We arn't figuratively using the word Knight in our name to mean just tank classes though we understand the draw. We are accepting any and all classes. We utilize the word 'Knight' in the romantic measure, that to serve and protect. To put one's life on the line for a common agenda, a noble one. That's how we utilize the word Knight.

As our current members are ranking up, we will need new members to fill the ranks! We have a great system in store where New members are partnered with 'Knights' and will be instantly engaged with our community and not left feeling like the odd man out.  Knights will do private RP with new members, take on missions, do training or just RP. The way our system is setup is to make sure there is plenty to do without the need for Large Events to fill your time once a week. Now there is a need and measure to have many events throughout the week that arn't officially scheduled and you'll instantly be involved minimizing the whole fear of 'Clique's' being formed. Come check us out!

So a lot has been going on with the Knights of Eorzea! We just had a few more events, as well as a Promotion Ceremony. On top of that we welcomed to our home two new members this week. They are Xilatz & Waht'ya Zangholo. They are a married couple who wishes to do some great work in name of Eorzea. Also we got our RP System updated to Version 1.1! Which is a Pen and Paper Styled System that has a strong feeling of Final Fantasy Tactics to it.

[align=center]Here is our Newest Video to Conclude our First Book!

All Scenes are from our RP so they are NOT scripted but we do our best to piece them together.[/align]

[align=center]xn7LPg8nhQ4 [/align]

So our Squires are now officially being trained by their assigned Knights.

Knights of Eorzea believe that when a new person join's our ranks they should never feel left out or lost and so we have a Knight & Squire system in place that breaks down the walls on which clique's would have otherwise easily formed. Having this in place minimizes the chances as well as getting new members easily involved in our Free Company.

Two our Knights have just done their first Sessions with their Squire(s). Bard Arkwright took his Squires on a escapade into clue and fact finding while Greimort Angelaux took his and they did a little weapon sparring to start their kinship.

If your looking for an interwoven community, we may be the right fit for you!

We just had another Major Event on which we now leave Thanalan and proceed to the Shroud. Below is a brief summary of our Adventure leading us to the Shroud.

[align=center]B O O K - I I : P L O T S - & - T W I S T S

P R E L U D E : J O U R N E Y - T O - T H E - S H R O U D[/align]

[align=center]Attendance: Knife, Julietta, Cyneler, Natus, Bard, Waht'ya, Aubriene, Greimort, Ryslo [/align]

[align=justify]Residing with the settlement of Little Ala Mhigo for the last moon and a 1/2, the Knights of Eorzea were asked to head to the shroud where they could offer further assistance to people recently effected by the boarder dispute near Gridania and the Imperial Walls. Mounting up on Chocobo's the Knights would leave with the departing jeer of the Ala Mhigans. Riding through the desert they would appear to have no obstacles in their way, however it was short lived when they came across a outpost where four dead Ala Mhigan's were found. They found clues and evidence they that these Ala Mhigan's were heading toward Hyrstmill. Odd.. as it was where the Knights were heading. Regardless they decided to leave the corpses where they lay and proceeded to the shroud as planned. After all there was not much they could do for the dead, but there was still a lot they could do for the living (They had no idea whether this attack was a prelude of attacks to come or not).

As they neared the South Shroud, through the Central Shroud, they would come to a small bridge where they were greeted by Ala Mhigan's from Little Ala Mhigo. Here the knights were accused of being conspirator's to the Empire and a before dialogue could gain traction or depth, they found themselves swiftly in combat as Greimort initiated the first swings. Combat would be very dangerous, the Knights found themselves getting battered more then they had previously and things went from bad to worse as Bard would be driven to the ground. As the conflict seem to turn in the favor of the Ala Mhigan's who the Knights were trying hard not to harm.. a Shot could be heard from the far backdrop. A man in a white cloak and fired off some sort of projectile toward the Leader of the Ala Mhigans (of Little Ala Mhigo) from a cliff side some distance in the backdrop. Julietta would leap into the air and intercept the bullet which would explode into her tiny body. She fell down instantly knocked out all while Bard would pass out himself from the lack of blood.

With this action the Leader of the Little Ala Mhigan's would realize the error of his own but not admit it outwardly. Rather he told his men to stand down, explained to those in the Knights still standing that an error was made and that they should take their wounded quickly to safety. That more would be explained at a later time. It was more important that the wounded live then to clear the air more or less. The Knights did just that, Bard would be taken care of from Aubriene while Ryslo would spend the rest of the night into the morning tending to Julietta's wound. The others would rotate shifts for protection while people were mended and tended to. Waht'ya would arrange such while Knife, Natsu, and Waht'ya himself would serve for the evening as the protectorates that evening.

Reason we chose Hyrstmill:

Master Ryslo,

My squire, Knife was most helpful during the task you appointed us. Since i hadn't been in the Shroud before, his intel on it was tremendously valuable. We found three suitable locations for our trip to the Shroud, which i will point out below:

Bentbranch Meadows

The meadows are a large area, lightly guarded, where there are gardens, many shops and even chocobo stables. There is an Aetheryte nearby and there are not many people around ( low pc traffic ) and although the density of the monsters nearby is large, the monsters do not pose a big threat ( low leveled ) . On the downside, the place doesn't offer much cover from above, and in case it rains, this will prove problematic.

Fallgourd Float

Although the Fallgourd encampment is not that wide in area, it is just as lightly guarded with many shops and a nearby dock. The camp also has a tavern/inn to provide for our companions. Again there are not many people around and the monsters surrounding it are many but mostly powerless. Lastly this camp offers much more cover from above and a few places where we can hold meetings, including a place with a notice board.

Hyrstmill

Hyrstmill is a place heavily guarded, with good fortifications in case of an attack. This place is almost as big as the Meadows and it offers many indoors places, such as a tavern, shops and some beds to sleep on. Moreover there's a forge inside, for our friends who'd like to practice their blacksmithing skills. The monsters around are weak here too and there are not many adventurers around. Should someone wish to get some peace, there's a steam within the camp that will provide music to the ears, for a more... relaxing state.

You may pick whichever place you like, Master Ryslo and i will make sure to spread the word.

Best Regards, Knight Greimort Angelaux

[/align]

We've had another delay in our recruitment posts because we've been busy running events and getting our Free Company Members Leveled up! Also we've been in a hard grind for credits preparing ourselves for purchasing a Free Company Home. We got to floor 140 on deep dungeons last night before we had to call quits (We were @ our 4 hour mark.) Anyways, We have a Free Formed RP scheduled today and look forward to an extremely bright future as our community near's its 20th member mark! Yes everyone's active!

Just wanted to take a moment to Welcome Publicly, Hainer Reed to the Knights of Eorzea! He appears to be a new associate to the knight's who learning the ropes of Aetherial Manipulation and some martial skills. He is also a Miqo'te. We are excited to welcome Mr. Reed to our community and hope to fulfill his RP needs.

The Knights of Eorzea have built a tradition to formally announce when we bring someone new on board! We find it exciting and also thrilling to share in this moment as we appreciate the individual's willingness to give us a chance to be part of their character but more importantly be apart of our home.

Our Newest Member to have Joined our Ranks (2/8/2017) is Avelyn Wrynn, A budding Conjurer who is trying to find their way in the world and someone who strives to help bring peace to Eorzea (Or atleast try to ease the pain that swells within). Anyways, Welcome Avelyn Wrynn to our Order. May the Matron bless us! 

Also I feel I must make a Disclaimer! We prune member's who are inactive with a thirty day period, that may be subject to change to a 2 week in active period (unless of course the person has a LOA up). We do this to encourage activity in our home but more importantly make a statement that we want to bring energy and commitment to our active membership. We have also systems in place that reward active members as well!

Lastly, Our Community strives to work together! We host 1 PVE event at the moment per week but plan to expand that come Stormblood. For now we do Deep Dungeons and Pony Runs to aid our Community as far as their pockets are concerned (Gil Raising). On top of our 1 PVE event a week, we also host 1 Major RP event! On top of this we have Squire Events going on throughout the week that give our members a more personal approach to our community and spotlight their characters more intimately. So in short, we got plenty of stuff going on every week! That doesn't even count the 1 Free RP event we do (Where we do free form rp) and random RP too!

Speaking of, Our members have donated 12,000,000 GIL so far as we strive to raise funds for a Free Company House in the far Future! Now that's teamwork!

[align=center]Our Official Roster now looks like this![/align]

[align=center]F R E E - C O M P A N Y - L E A D E R[/align]

[align=center]Ryslo Suramlo[/align]

[align=center]K N I G H T - C O M M A N D E R[/align]

[align=center]None[/align]

[align=center]H I G H - K N I G HT[/align]

[align=center]None[/align]

[align=center]K N I G H T[/align]

[align=center]Bard Arkwright[/align]

[align=center]Greimort Angelaux[/align]

[align=center]Cyneler Fenrir[/align]

[align=center]Julietta Foxglove[/align]

[align=center]S Q U I R E S[/align]

[align=center]Natsume[/align]

[align=center]Luthela Bennet[/align]

[align=center]Knife Ears[/align]

[align=center]Virgil Aethelwulf[/align]

[align=center]Natalia Lionheart[/align]

[align=center]Aubriene Dawnsteel[/align]

[align=center]Waht'ya Zongholo[/align]

[align=center]Xilatz Zongholo[/align]

[align=center]Hainer Reed[/align]

[align=center]Avelyn Wrynn[/align]

The Knights of Eorzea would now like to Welcome the Following Members to our Ranks.

Laurent Leaubane

Rin Ajagar

Marshall Rose

They Joined us last evening as a Trio. Each gifted with unique backstories and their character's following slightly different paths from one and another. So in short, Welcome you three!

So I just want to tell everyone that we welcome all sorts of individuals whether they are experienced at RPing or not. We try to help those who want to learn and we try to cater to those who have a bountiful amount of that experience to grow and give them ample opportunity to be part of a community that strives to walk forward together. Recently we have had a few people join our ranks who thought they were too experienced to be around a few of our members due to their lack there of and they have left on their own accord. Now why would I even mention this? Because I feel it's important for everyone out there to know that we do care about all sorts of people and we are here for the long haul. We are here to raise a community that strives to improve those willing to put the time and effort in to themselves while also strive to embrace those with the knowledge and wisdom to help those new to the whole scene.

When we joined Balmung we joined with the idea that longevity is not simply about those with the Experience but it also means embracing those who may lack such but are eager and willing to learn. I think it's easy for some folk to forget that they too had to learn from somewhere, and thus we are those people who are willing to help those who lack the knowledge of how to RP, or lack information about the lore but otherwise are great story tellers. So in short, We are a Community that strives to build a strong home for all those who have Experience and Lack it. If your joining us I want to be honest with everyone and clear. That you join a group that HAS experienced individuals to lore and RP but we also HAVE people who are learning and willing to take constructive criticism. We all had to start somewhere.

On another note, below is an Excerpt from our RP the other Evening.

[align=center]B O O K - I I : P L O T S - & - T W I S T S[/align]

[align=center]C H A P T E R - O N E : S H A D O W S - O F - T H E - N I G H T[/align]

[align=center]Attendance: Waht'ya, Cyneler, Knife, Julietta, Bard, Aubriene, Greimort, Avelyn, Hainer, Ryslo[/align]

[align=justify]Hyrstmill, The Night was calm and a faint breeze waft it's way through the shroud and upon the small outpost located in the North East of the Northern Shroud. The moon was high and the star's bright like gem's that glimmered against a black canvas. It was in all sense and purpose a peaceful evening. The members of the Knight met within one of the small houses where they would talk among each other, some sitting on beds while others rested firmly on chairs. The chatter was a noise of whispered chorus as the words sung between each who occupied the room. It seemed as if it was going to be an uneventful evening which for those of the Knight's, they would have welcomed such.

Of course the threads of Nymeia had been spun in such a way where peace would not rest upon the quiet forest for long. Crimson light filtered in through the window's of the small house followed by a warm glow that remained persistent and the scream's from within the town tearing away the silence of the night. The Knight's would run out of the small building to be greeted by the warm glow of a fire burning away the wood of a near by home. Gathering their senses, the Knight's split themselves up as half of them went to go put the fire out while the other half kept vigilant on their surroundings look for the culprits of this attack.

The Crackling and Hissing of the Fires would be quenched by water that was manipulated either by Aetherial Means or by traditional. Once the light of the fire was numbed, the Knight's having kept vigilant found the culprits along the western wall trying to keep a low profile. They failed to stay hidden long as the Knights charged their position with Bows, Swords and other weapons drawn. Combat was engaged and like all combat there is a victor. Tonight it was the Knights of Eorzea as they had unfortunately no choice but to kill 3 out of the 4 attackers. The 4th, barely alive was taken in doors for medical care. It was discovered that the Attacker's were Imperial and this 4th Imperial was conscripted by force. Hoping to extract information from the Imperial (Who is a Miqo'te) they hope to get to the bottom of the sudden attack and how the Imperials knew of their location. Not only that but was it the Knights they targeted or was it by chance that they happen to be there at the right time. Only time will tell. [/align]

So what can New Members Expect from the Knights of Eorzea?

They can expect to be welcomed with Open Arms and immediately introduced to one of our older members to help them integrate within our homestead. They'll be given an interview before joining to do a soft 'Welcome to our FC' and then assigned to a Mentor who will run an exclusive event for you as a new player and themselves to enjoy. Not only that we have Free RP nights which we just RP to RP and get to know one and another better. Also we do Major Events too each week which involves everyone in a story driven plot line that drives our community together under a single umbrella. No worries though, the Plot doesn't involve a single characters Backstory, rather an over arching story line that each person can partake in.

Lastly, We utilize a Character Sheet System. We do this because we dont want anyone fearing that another character will God-Mod or what not, so the sheets and rules associated with the sheet keep everyone in check, including our Leaders.

The End of the Month will bring more Promotions for our Free Company which we will see some of our current Squires Promoted to the Rank of Knight and some of our current Knights Elevated to the Rank of High Knight. What does this mean for us?

We can recruit stronger then before because we'll have the Mentor's to go around, plus with High Knights it'll mean more RP events that'll be bountiful! We'll be doing a Mission Board on which High Knights can take and they'll bring the two knights and their squires on said mission to complete (or fail depending on the RP). This'll just add another layer our story rp as these missions will alter how our Main RP Story plays out!

So Much Excitement!

Here at the Knights of Eorzea we would like to welcome on board, Keelindsey Kraye. She recently joined us and had a great opportunity to go through some extensive RP with one of our Knights. Having spent Seven Hours in story driven RP, it is safe to say her Character was given a lengthy welcome!

So where has my updates been? The Knights of Eorzea have been busy chugging along with our Events, both Squire Events and Main Story Events. Not only that but we've been focused on garnishing funds for a free company house for the future. So I apologize for the lack of my frequent updates but we've been busy and we've been united. That said we are always looking for new faces and old. The Experienced and inexperienced. We believe those who are interested in RP should have a place that'll welcome them regardless of their experience while veterans should feel right at home helping a new generation of players grow and expand too. We believe in the term Community through and through.

Just another Update! We just had a Huge Promotion Ceremony as well as some new updates that come along with said Promotion. Our RP System is evolving as we now add a few features that give story telling power into the hands of our newest Knights.

Congratulations to all Members of the Knights of Eorzea as our Free Company is over Two Months old and growing strong. That said as we grow so do those who have committed their time with us.

Bard Arkwright has been Promoted to the Rank of Knight Commander. With this new Rank he will be overseeing the following (and recently promoted) High Knights.

Julietta Foxglove has been Promoted to the Rank of High Knight.

Greimort Angelaux has been Promoted to the Rank of High Knight.

With our first High Knight's Established, as well as a Knight Commander chosen we have our first official Regiment formed. This is not the end of our promotions for the evening either. The Following individuals were promoted from the Rank of Squire to Knight.

Waht'ya Zangholo has been Promoted to the Rank of Knight.

Xilatz Zangholo has been Promoted to the Rank of Knight.

Aubriene Dawnsteel has been Promoted to the Rank of Knight.

Knife Ears has been Promoted to the Rank of Knight.

[align=justify]As we congratulate our Newest Knights we also welcome the Newest Pairing. The following Partnership's have been established in the wake of our newest Knights.

[/align]

Lady Aubriene Dawnsteel will oversee the Growth of Squire Simeon Sibaruse.

[align=justify]Ser Angelaux will oversee the further Development of Ser Fenrir

[/align]

Now with this Promotions we will be adding a Mission Board Starting on March 5th, 2017. These will be In Character Assignments handed down from the Knight Commander to Knight and High Knight Teams. These missions will have vague details about them to allow those who run these events a form of liberty to control everything from how many enemies or obstacles are in the way to the very location. The outcome of these events are undetermined as well which will allow for Success and Failure which depending on the Result will effect our Free Company's Overall Story Arc. Missions will be offered every other week as to not over saturate our calendar with to many events plus to allow Knights and Squires to do their own thing too. We will also have a Knight Commander Event during these Mission weeks which will take place of the overall arcing FC Event. Knight Commander Events will be a Regiment Based Event that will put the Commander and his Regiment at the fore front where they take on a more difficult challenge at the end of a Mission Week which will have a hearty impact on the following weeks FC Story Event. This is just another Evolution to our Story Telling Mechanisms. That Said the following Individuals will Serve under Knight Commander Bard Arkwright.

Knight's Waht'ya Zangholo, Xilatz Zangholo, Aubriene Dawnsteel and Knife Ears. Not only will those four Knights be working with Bard Arkwright so will Julietta Foxglove and Greimort Angelaux. Julietta will be overseeing in these missions Knight's Waht'ya and Xilatz Zangholo while Greimort Angelaux will be overseeing Aubriene Dawnsteel and Knife Ears. All Squires associated with any of these mentioned indivudals will also be working underneath the Regiment's Commander Bard Arkwright. As we grow we plan on adding more Regiments.

We would like to Welcome Dzoldzaya Kharlu to our Community! She is an avid artist, knows one of our older members and has met Bard our Knight Commander in character. We welcome her with open arm's as she has been given assignment to work with one of our distinguished knights. So Welcome on Board Dzoldzaya Kharlu!

[align=center]B O O K - I I : P L O T S - & - T W I S T S[/align]

[align=center]C H A P T E R - T H R E E: H Y R S T M I L L - M E E T I N G[/align]

[align=center]Attendance: Cyneler, Avelyn, Julietta, Knife, Dzoldzaya, Bard, Keelindsey, Xilatz, Ryslo, Sui, Simeon, Waht'ya[/align]

The Knights of Eorzea met at the rear of Hyrstmill where they gathered before a series of steps which would act as the stage for the Knight Commander and Free Company Leader. Here as people gathered at the base of the steps they would be informed about the upcoming missions that would be assigned by the Knight Commander and the importance of them. The Knight's also acknowledged the new members to the Company as well as touched on a larger Regimental Mission that would be conducted toward the end of the week. With all this information the Knights were now conducting multiple roles to secure the Shroud, Hrystmill, and to check in on old friends. It was a brief knight but was necessary one as it setup the ground work for the Company as a whole to undertake a plethora of tasks by finally spreading themselves out.

Above is a snippet of what we did on 3/4/2017. What the meeting was about was setting up an In Character reason for our members to be running multiple events this week which they each undertake a task. These tasks will effect the Knight Commander Event on Saturday depending on the success and failures of their ventures. That said this will be occurring every other week as we try to explore different ways to add layers to our RP as well as making it feel like a Free Company that is being given work and goals.

So I just wanted to give a General Idea of what we plan to launch come Stormblood. We plan on the following:

Raiding - We plan on forming Static Groups for members that are apart of our Free Company to run some of the end game content. We would love to get two groups running but our immediate goal will be 1. Raids will be Scheduled twice a Week.

Linkshell - We plan on creating a Linkshell to allow people to Join our Website, Join our System and RP events when Stormblood launches to open recruitment across the Server. Activity though will still play a part for linkshell members too.

Continued RP Focus - Though we adding Raids to our rotation we will never forget our primary focus which is RP. By the time Stormblood rolls by, our FC will have several knights in place that can conduct training as well as several RP sessions going on through out the week.

If you want to get on the ground level with us before we purchase a FC House (which we have the funds now to buy almost a Medium) then please feel free to check us out!

Tonight the Knights of Eorzea will be finishing their Second Book of RP Events. We catagorize all our events into Book's. These books are our chronological way of telling our FC's story and what it is we as characters are involved in. After finishing a week of our members hosting a series of events with varying conflicts, tonight should be a good way to wrap it all up and together.

If your looking for story telling and involvement with others look no further!