[Spoilers] 3.56 MSQ Talk spoilers here.

Kage

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doubtful it would be Rhaglr just for the sheer "they wouldn't do that so soon" type of deal.

Plus if we're getting Omega...

I know most people are in the camp that Yda has only ever been seen in the 1.0 Echoes. 1.0 present time (so 5 years ago) onward is Yda's sister Lyse.

So the only people who have met Yda were through the echoes who played 1.0 I don't think 2.0+ players have since experienced an echo where Yda pre-1.0 was present. We've only been in contact with Lyse.

People thinking that it was Rhalgr or something else, could've been right but given by 'lore' statements from other FF games that Shinyru is the counterpart to Omega and that the latter was practically 'created' to battle Shinyru... Welp...

Shinryu is a mysterious entity with a crystalline body and known as a traveler of dimensions. He is linked to both the Interdimensional Rift and The Void, where he resides. Shinryu is often seen alongside Omega, another powerful superboss. It has been said Omega was created to destroy Shinryu, although the true nature between the two is unknown.

Shinyru was simply the more logical option to put up against it rather then some other primals.

I'm grieving Yda. ;-; We knew the real one in 1.0...

I think the only people who met the real Yda were those who experience the flash back echoes in 1.0.

Yda is already dead and replaced by Lyse when you actively interact with her in 1.0. At least, this is the consensus I am getting from people like anonymoose and sounsyy (and my own conclusion)

I'm grieving Yda. ;-; We knew the real one in 1.0...

I think the only people who met the real Yda were those who experience the flash back echoes in 1.0.

Yda is already dead and replaced by Lyse when you actively interact with her in 1.0. At least, this is the consensus I am getting from people like anonymoose and sounsyy (and my own conclusion)

That's odd. Wasn't the impression I got from the 6 year timeline given, but I'm not a lore expert. Regardless, sad af.

Timey-wimey. ARR was 6~ years ago, but we don't know if time has passed in the meanwhile. ARR Relic states it's been a year plus, so we should be anywhere from 6 to 8 years from 1.0 at this point, but hey, MMO time.

A couple thoughts:

-I don't mind Shinryu turning up, but he's either Omega final boss in 4.0 or 4.4.

-Lyse? Sure ,let's go with that.

- They didn't nuke Ala Mhigo with Omega. Grumble.

-Man these credits are long

- I expected more than 4 quests

- Gosetsu is surprising for a couple of reasons: 1) he's the coolest character introduced since ARR and 2) He's got hyuran skintones and doesn't seem to be a roe despite obviously being a roe model. Smacks of Nero being an elezen skeleton

-Nero is awesome

Looking forward to Stormblood after this, but this felt less... climactic? Final? It just feels like the end of a patch to me instead of the end of an expansion.

-Man these credits are LONG

OOC gripe: No gobdip for shire weapons

Edit: THERE'S NOT EVEN A STINGER AFTER THE CREDITS? THE FUCK DID I WAIT FOR

Edit2: Oh wait it's after the quest turn-in. And not even a stinger.

I'm underwhelmed by the killer beetle Omega. The fight was awesome, yeah, but I get why the Garleans resurrected Ultima instead: it looked way cooler.

The Yda reveal is a little weak considering we never knew the real Yda, too. The character changed names and doesn't wear a mask any more, done and done.

And Tataru...you spent all this time on the outfits but you have no clue how to design shoes (for the male outfit at least). Shame on you.

EDIT: I never noticed this before but it bugs the shit out of me now. Why does Raubahn keep his sword on the right side when it was his left arm that was cut off? NITPICK NITPICK NITPICK

Maybe he draws the weapon in ice pick grip, the handle juts so far forward and it is floating on magical air without a sheath anyway.

I'm more hyped by the premise of Stormblood in terms of MSQ

CLEARLY we are going east in a race against time to retrieve Omega and kill SHinryu before Garlemald/ascians/ whatever get there first and muck things up worse.

I'm also really happy that Nero did not play the heroes for fools because the entire time to the build up (and Nero having a chance to run off by himself as you deal with puri puri purincessu roegadyn) I was going "OH NO! NO! NONONONONO!"

Lets give an angry Ala Mhigan a Doman Primal as his summon guys.

And fuck "Nidhogg's eyes made him that" excuses they are giving us, seeming Thordan didn't turn into a massive ass dragon.

That's my main source of salt for the time being. I guess Ilberd was just a weeb in the closest or something.

Lets give an angry Ala Mhigan a Doman Primal as his summon guys.

And fuck "Nidhogg's eyes made him that" excuses they are giving us, seeming Thordan didn't turn into a massive ass dragon.

That's my main source of salt for the time being. I guess Ilberd was just a weeb in the closest or something.

Maybe I misread the text but I think they're using the Doman name as a matter of convenience since it looks vaguely like something from their legends? It's not a Doman Primal, the Alliance is just borrowing the name so they have something to call it.

I think it's generally just an asspull to explain why something from Eorzea would get a Doman-sounding name. "Shinryu" doesn't sound very Ala Mhigan, nor like anything the Alliance probably would've named it if left to their own devices.

Also did they fight over Gyr Abania or the Sea of Jade

or does Gyr Abania have a huge lake that all the cartographers sort of just missed

THIS DROVE ME NUTS.

Where did all that water come from? And I go back to the East Shroud expecting like a torrent and its just totally the same like the cutscene never happened.

"The battle was high in the sky."

....WITH ALL THE WATER. Ok. I guess SE just thought it looked cool so they rolled with it.

Also lol at the embodiment of Ala Mhigan pain and suffering being a gigantic Mushu.

I could just go off about the Yda thing but meh. Oh also this. THIS.

967b300c5c6564814cb582c52fe8137a.png

Yeah, ya think.

I was left feeling rather disappointed. Most of the terrible stuff that happened to the Scions at the end of both the previous expansion and the current expansion is a direct consequence of Ilberd's betrayal and scheming. It feels very silly and contrived for Eorzea to suddenly be picking a fight with Garlemald.

We literally saw the Warrior of Light team up with Regula Van Hydrus - the best friend of the Emperor of Garlemald - in the previous patch. This was done out of necessity, yet Regula sacrificed his life to aid in the Scions in their task of vanquishing Zurvan and to secure a new ally for their cause.

This came shortly after the release of the widely anticipated lorebook that confirms outright that Garlemald isn't without redeeming qualities or justifications and embraced military might as a necessity after countless years of persecution and being forced to live in a wasteland until the discovery of magitek. That doesn't excuse the horrible things that they have done, but it does confirm that there's nuances and moral complexities involved.

Nuances that seem to have been thrown to the sidelines. 

I'll be reserving my judgement for the expansion because it's possible that things are not as they seem but I do hope they intend to introduce more Garlean characters that, you know, actually give a damn about their homeland and people. Ideally those who are willing to work with Eorzeans for the sake of trade, peace and a means of ending the Primal/Eikon threat.

Nero's great in a smarmy way but I'm annoyed they killed off Regula just to bring us someone who is, by all appearances, just a snarkier version of Cid.

The water is Shinryu's Tidal Wave attack in FFV. Whether or not it was even actually there, or floating above Gyr Abania, or what is up for interpretation.

He's also not a Doman deity. He just so happens to kinda resemble a creature from Doman legend so they just called him that for convenience because the shinobi were calling him that. He's a dragon because Ilberd wanted something like Bahamut, not because he drew from the same legends the Domans were thinking of.