Orlog's butts, butts, butts, and sometimes art thread.

Oooh, ooh! *gets in line* I don't have much art, but I have a description?

I have absolutely no artistic ability, and I'm honestly not sure exactly what my character looks like. I have a few details, though, and I would love to find out how some of you would interpret her!

Name: Runa Dawning

Race: Hyur midlander

Origin: Garlean Empire

Previous profession: Magitek mechanic

Current profession: Miner/smith

[updated] Appearance

• Height: 4 Fm, 8 Im

• Weight: 95 Pz

• Body: Small figure, likely built for crawling into small spaces when working on machines

• Hair: Dark auburn, medium length and pulled back in a messy tie to keep it out of her face

• Eyes: Hazel to green, depending on the light

• Skin: Tanned with freckles

• Clothing: Khaki trousers of a thick canvas-like working material. Light weight tunic under a vest of midnight blue. Brown leather jacket and a leather tool belt that hangs off her hip. A weathered brown cap shoved down over her hair in a messy but endearing fashion. Thick leather work boots and a leather pack slung over her shoulder.

If that inspires you at all, I'd love to see it. Maybe you'll inspire me!

References I've used:

Mechanic Girl - I like the hair color, and the toolbelts. I'm considering the tattoo.

Mechanic - I like the way the hair is pulled back all messy-like. The toolbelt is also good.

Steampunk girl

Steampunk mechanic - I like these clothes, especially the pants.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super tempting...but here's a question, what if I want to give you someone else's references to draw their character? I just got some surprise art of my character, may as well pass it along to someone else, too.

Doesn't matter who it's for, just as long as there's something to work with; descriptions, screen shots, previous art, whatever! It all works. :)

For those of you who've posted, I'll start working on them soon. Just be aware there's no real ETA; I do them when I can.

Super tempting...but here's a question, what if I want to give you someone else's references to draw their character? I just got some surprise art of my character, may as well pass it along to someone else, too.

Mara! The smug face was pretty fun to draw.

tr2vYI5.png

I'm totally okay with liberties~ You're the artist!

And it's lovely! Thank you so much Bea!!

It's no problem at all!

I ended up slapping some color on the sketch and decided I will likely to the same for the rest. I'm definitely starting to like coloring more and more!

I'm totally okay with liberties~ You're the artist!

And it's lovely! Thank you so much Bea!!

It's no problem at all!

I ended up slapping some color on the sketch and decided I will likely to the same for the rest. I'm definitely starting to like coloring more and more!

Eeeeee~ So cuuuute! (h) Thank you again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since an update! I've been busy... livin' life. I haven't really set aside much time to draw lately, which is a shame. I promise I'll get to the sketches as soon as possible, but I also don't want to rush myself just to get them done, 'cause I'll know I could have done better.

/artrant

Anyway, have another crappy head shot while I try and get back into my groove. Eventually I need to start doing full body pieces again. Faces are just so damn fun, though.

6n01OHW.jpg

• 2 weeks later...