Simultaneous Logout Measures

AquiziTC

:/ So what's the point if people can write scripts to login while they're still at work; and access retainers, etc to afk again? I guess they're hoping that most people don't know how to do this?

You expect people to know to do this shit in numbers? I assure you, that's not the majority. PS4 players are a thing as well.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:/ So what's the point if people can write scripts to login while they're still at work; and access retainers, etc to afk again? I guess they're hoping that most people don't know how to do this?

Most people don't know how to do that. And if they're smart enough to, they're likely smart enough to look active as well. The bulk of users I deal with daily (work and personal) are either IT or they barely know how to run/install programs and curse Windows Update.

Also, it still kicks off the PS4 players who can't access their system remotely without an additional set of hoops to jump through.

Most people don't know how to do that. And if they're smart enough to, they're likely smart enough to look active as well. The bulk of users I deal with daily (work and personal) are either IT or they barely know how to run/install programs and curse Windows Update.

Also, it still kicks off the PS4 players who can't access their system remotely without an additional set of hoops to jump through.

The best people that don't know what they're doing can hope for is an online tutorial showing people how to do it. And since this is temporary at best, it likely won't be worth it. Then again, it's the internet, so.. maybe.

And I'd imagine the PS4 AFKers are such a small percentage that it won't make a massive difference. Granted, that's just a guess and there could be far more of them than I think.

You expect people to know to do this shit in numbers? I assure you, that's not the majority. PS4 players are a thing as well.

It really isn't that difficult. I remember when it was being posted how to log in with a simple script with the mouse/numpad during release of ARR and people were doing it quite a bit to get passed the 90k errors. I personally don't do it because I do not agree with the practice.

That's mostly why I was asking; is if they were banking on that or not. I mean it just takes numbering a keypad is all with a few lines of info. Like I said above; people were doing this with ARR to log in and it wasn't very hard to find out how to do it. Hopefully it should cut down some anyway.

I mean, chrome remote desktop's pretty easy, even for people who aren't tech-literate. ...now timing the SE token on the same phone....fun to watch. (Doable)

But I don't think most common users are gonna know how to use autohotkey or other macros. Those are considered "advanced" usage for a reason.

I mean, chrome remote desktop's pretty easy, even for people who aren't tech-literate. ...now timing the SE token on the same phone....fun to watch. (Doable)

Ah yeah I forgot about that actually. I've had to remote-desktop to fix some issues on my father's computer.

Honestly, if you are that pathetic that you need to run a startup script to put you back into FFXIV at the soonest possible moment or you miss out on precious game time, feel free to butt your way right in front of me. This game is obviously paramount in your life and you probably couldn't survive without it.

I use Teamviewer with a lot of my clients and have logged in to my home computer via a client's office to log myself back into the game (off-clock, obviously, and the client in question is one who doesn't care). 

It's a vicious circle. People AFK to avoid the queue, the queue slows because of the logged-in pop, so people AFK to avoid the queue, etc, etc. The random reboot thing isn't a real solution. They have to address the workarounds to the logout and remove them (and not ban players who used them, because people are always going to be clever - just take away the method).

Honestly, if you are that pathetic that you need to run a startup script to put you back into FFXIV at the soonest possible moment or you miss out on precious game time, feel free to butt your way right in front of me. This game is obviously paramount in your life and you probably couldn't survive without it.

I don't think it's fair to say everyone who would do that is pathetic, per se. I could see somebody who works a day job and cooks dinner for their family, and would like to enjoy an hour or two of time each night playing - but literally can't if the queue time is 3 hours - doing a technique like that just to ensure that when he finally sits down after cleaning up the dishes for the night he can actually get to play during his small window of opportunity. That seems like a wholly non-pathetic person who just wants to be able to play a little bit.

Just a devil's advocate comment.

No way in hell am i waiting for 3 hours of my 5 hours off work to play a game. You can be sure as hell I'm going to remotely try logging in from work so that I can be greeted by a smaller queue when I get home.

FFXIV has a handful of third party launchers. Some of them were to launch the game using WINE on Linux. (Google it.)

It goes back to the "I'm still paying for this subscription" mentality. Sure, I could just play on another server, but if I'm not going to be able to socialize with the people I want to socialize with, why am I paying that sub? I might as well just hang out with them in person.

General 'you' I hope? I don't participate in the practice of using scripts. I just remember seeing youtubers doing this back at ARR. I can, however like the others stated understand why some people would use scripts or team-viewer in those instances that Merc and Lydia mentioned.

No way in hell am i waiting for 3 hours of my 5 hours off work to play a game. You can be sure as hell I'm going to remotely try logging in from work so that I can be greeted by a smaller queue when I get home.

FFXIV has a handful of third party launchers. Some of them were to launch the game using WINE on Linux. (Google it.)

It goes back to the "I'm still paying for this subscription" mentality. Sure, I could just play on another server, but if I'm not going to be able to socialize with the people I want to socialize with, why am I paying that sub? I might as well just hang out with them in person.

XIV is a fun game I like to play. I certainly have other fun games I like playing, but I like them far less. It's pretty poor customer service to tell people "Wait until the no-lifers are done and go back to other things, then you can have your hobby back." I work a full day and have a one hour commute each way, if I can't play the game when I'm available to play the game, I'm not sure why I paid for it.

Like I said, feel free to cut in front of me.

Also, single parent who works both a full and occasional part time job here, and I see no need to cut through a queue line. Is it frustrating? Hell yes! Do I feel the need to queue myself in and sit AFK until I get home and screw over everyone else trying to log in? Nope.

XIV is a fun game I like to play. I certainly have other fun games I like playing, but I like them far less. It's pretty poor customer service to tell people "Wait until the no-lifers are done and go back to other things, then you can have your hobby back." I work a full day and have a one hour commute each way, if I can't play the game when I'm available to play the game, I'm not sure why I paid for it.

My fiance and I are in this situation actually. We moved off of Balmung with our mains; luckily we had friends on Mateus. But he has almost a 3 hour commute each way and I have about an hour and a half each way. We were getting home around 7pm PST and unable to log in for (2-3 hours+) even an hour of game time before we had to go to bed.

Also, single parent who works both a full and occasional part time job here, and I see no need to cut through a queue line. Is it frustrating? Hell yes! Do I feel the need to queue myself in and sit AFK until I get home and screw over everyone else trying to log in? Nope.

I don't think the others were meaning cutting in line to afk in the game but rather to get through the 3-4k (sometimes 5k) queue which takes close to two to three hours.

Queues have been busted since the first morning of Early Access. Have you gotten to play at all, and have you needed to adjust your sleep schedule to manage it? Not snark, legitimately curious. Every afternoon from EST to late night PST has had 2-4 hour queues and most people I know just don't bother if they show up to a 3200 person line.

This. Time is money. Time is precious. Time is something you can't get back and is why I take my own time very seriously. And if people want to use a remote connection to log in and they have the know-how and ability to? Let them. Idgaf if it's fair or not. Learn how to do it if people have problems with it. I do have other things I can play/do, but when I'm gearing up for a raid/whatever and it requires me to be able to play/farm things and I can't, that causes actual issues.

Queues have been busted since the first morning of Early Access. Have you gotten to play at all, and have you needed to adjust your sleep schedule to manage it? Not snark, legitimately curious. Every afternoon from EST to late night PST has had 2-4 hour queues and most people I know just don't bother if they show up to a 3200 person line.

Ultimately it comes down to "just a game" to me. And I don't mean it like one of those "Ha, nerds. Just a game..." types. I love FFXIV and I play it more then I think I even should. Hell I'd even say I'm a HUGE nerd for it. But I get home at 5pm and log in, sit through a 3hr queue and play the remaining few hours I have. So no I've not had to alter my sleep schedule for it. Queues have never been more then about 3,500 for me. Luckily. I just wait pateintly and do other things while waiting my turn.

TFW you just nap during your Que and normally when you awaken you're up to log in.

Jesus I feel like I'm taking my luck for granted now

ngl I've taken naps and had Faye call/text me when she sees me log in. :|

TFW you just nap during your Que and normally when you awaken you're up to log in.

If only we all had good friends like that!:thumbsup:

I don't know; considering the fact I deal with a commute that is and has been almost two hours lately due to really bad issues with BART (our subway here; friday it caught on fire monday it was flooded and has had issues the past month+ with mass delays)... I'm not seeing what the problem is waiting in line two hours while you're not actively in game (afking) and spending that wait time during your commute. The SO leaves work at 4pm and doesn't get home til 7 if we're lucky; and by the time that we have to go to bed which is like 10pm he has to get up at 4am to go to work again. If queues are nice we get 'rewarded' with 30 minute gametime after 2+hours of queuing. I don't really see this as pathetic, people have IRL to deal with. And if you're not actively afking I do not see the issue.

I've done the same for a friend of mine and vice-versa. Though, there were times I was booted mid-que and didn't know about it for an hour. >.<

I'm not shy from using the exploits, but I mostly use them around peak times. I know, perpetuating the cycle, but if I'm 90kd, then I might as well just turn it off and go to sleep, because in no way I can relog in 4 hours and want to play again.

I don't leave Balmung because of the friends I've made here, we all have our reasons. It's probably selfish, but I wanna play the game :/