[Balmung] Looking to get started in RP, looking for friends and connections!

Hi! Decently experienced RPer who is completely new to doing it within the setting of Final Fantasy here. I've made a couple posts here in the past little while regarding questions about the character I've been working on. At this point however, I feel pretty prepared to jump into things now with a solid backstory, personality, and appearance all written and ready to use. I'll give a more brief summary of my character below. If you're genuinely interested in roleplaying with her though, I'd very strongly recommend taking a look at her wiki page as it contains a lot more info! The finishing of my character's wiki page is what prompted this post in the first place, in hopes I can get my now-prepared character into some RP. Specifically I'd like to do this in a non-hostile, non-judgmental environment if possible, my knowledge of the game's setting is pretty poor relatively speaking. If you're intolerant of mistakes being made, or even if they just internally bother you a lot, then it'd likely be better for both of us if you spent your time with someone better suited to you:P . That being said, I'm totally open to constructive criticism of my character if something is done that contradicts the lore in some way. I'm eager to learn and would love to be more thoroughly acquainted with FFXIV's setting!

Aeva Nyuko:

A city miqo'te who has mostly Seeker of the Sun traits from the wandering Tia father she's never met (He left his tribe to create a new one and become a Nunh, which didn't work out). She was raised by her single Keeper of the Moon mother from Limsa Lominsa, and grew up in poverty.  While many of the finer details of her past are a mystery that she's vague about, more is known about her present. She's climbed her way into the upper middle-class and now works as both a private investigator and a sellsword. Aeva is usually cheerful and almost always in the mood to be social. Outside of her work she adores meeting new people and listening to them talk about themselves, something she prefers over speaking about herself. She takes a genuine interest in whoever she speaks with, but can be persuaded to talk about herself and some of the stories she has about herself or her work. Most seem to be mostly interested in the private investigator thing. She's really comfortable around others, though this comfort can border on the extreme, which causes its own set of issues for her sometimes. She has a habit of doing things others would consider too informal, eating messily, kicking her feet up onto tables, asking questions that are too personal, etc. Despite this, she likes to believe she's great company.

A little overgenerous, Aeva will go very far out of her way to do things for even new acquaintances, and will do so with energy and enthusiasm. Though combined with her profound gullibility, this trait of hers can be easily abused or manipulated without her knowing. Her favorite thing she likes to do for people she's fond of is cook for them. Cooking is her main hobby outside of her jobs and she loves preparing favorite dishes for friends. Strangely,  despite seeming just as accepting and willing to talk with men, her generosity specifically is mostly reserved for other women. Men may also find themselves showered with gifts and favors after knowing Aeva and growing close with her, though this is a large contrast to the rather immediate displays of generosity that women receive. The difference comes off as pretty obvious to a lot of people she knows, and she often is asked why she's like this, thankfully she's fully conscious of the inconsistency and is open to sharing her reasons.

Annnnnyyyyway. That's about it, don't want to write a whole book on my post here. The wiki is there if you'd like more! If you're interested or have questions you can either drop something here, add my discord I've put at the bottom of the post, or PM me, any of those will work! I'm looking for new RP opportunities in general for her. Thinking a new friend, but more business-oriented relationships are fine too. If after reading my description you think Aeva might not like your character, you're probably wrong. She would more easily become close with a woman with attitudes more like hers, but she enjoys the company of both men and women who are her complete opposites as well. Since posting I've had someone ask me about my style of roleplay too. I'm good with pretty much any theme you could think of, with the exclusion of full-on ERP. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to post-length too, and tend to adapt to who I'm RPing with. That being said I will naturally default to medium-length posts at first, hitting the character limit on them decently often but not always. If your posts are consistently and significantly longer than that then I personally don't mind reading it, but I may have trouble maintaining such lengthy posts in return if that's your expectation. As for time-zone, I'm in EST. You'll most likely find me on in the afternoons spanning until late at night (Think 3-4am EST).

Thanks for reading, hope to eventually hear from some more people ^_^ 

EDIT: Just adding some details that have come up through questions from interested people in-game, figure they'd be best clarified in my earlier paragraphs in case other readers have the same questions! Also dumping my discord here, I learned the hard way that relying solely on in-game adds isn't the wisest thing. I would prefer to be added in-game. BUT, if you try adding me and I happen not to be on, you're totally welcome to add my discord and we can chat on there while we get our in-game adding sorted. Natty#5120 is my discord! Private messages on here are absolutely fine too if you'd prefer that.

Edited by Aeva Nyuko

Chachan is a cheerful sort that likes making friends! Plus, he's a smith so that might be someone handy to know should you need some repairs after doing sellsword work. If that sounds like someone Aeva would like to bump into sometime, let me know! :)

6 hours ago, Gegenji said:

Chachan is a cheerful sort that likes making friends! Plus, he's a smith so that might be someone handy to know should you need some repairs after doing sellsword work. If that sounds like someone Aeva would like to bump into sometime, let me know! :)

It does!

I read a bit of his wiki and I think the two would get along really well. They have some differences in a couple values, but they're both the cheerful social sorts that put most other people first most of the time. I'd definitely like setting something up with them! ^_^

God, either we never happen to be on at the same times or your in-game name isn't what I think it is. xD If you're ever on feel free to send me an add and we can set something up ^_^. It's just "Aeva Nyuko".

(If anyone else is interested I'd be happy to hear from you too! ^^)

Ah, I'll try to keep an eye out. I wasn't on Chachanji at all today. I'll be on tomorrow, though!

EDIT: It looks like we're playing the FFXIV version of phone tag! I was on and off a fair bit yesterday and could not find you online. :<

Edited by Gegenji
"Phone Tag" update!
On 4/7/2018 at 11:09 PM, Gegenji said:

EDIT: It looks like we're playing the FFXIV version of phone tag! I was on and off a fair bit yesterday and could not find you online. :<

Ah damn :( They should really just let you add people offline!

Strange though, I was on quite a bit yesterday. You must've just been on around the times I got off. I'm sure we'll get it eventually xD. Lately I tend to be getting on in the evenings (like 6pm EST) and stay on pretty late into the night. Hopefully we catch each other soon!

On 4/9/2018 at 12:35 PM, Lydia Lightfoot said:

You guys could always exchange Discord info, maybe? :D

We got in touch in-game a few days back actually!

Though, coming back to this, I'm deciding to edit my discord info in my original post. You're right and it'll save us a lot of grief I'm sure :P. Also took the chance to edit in some clarifications of stuff that people have asked me upon adding me and all that ^^.

The times I'm mostly going to be on have shifted and I'm not going to be quite as flexible in my schedule at this point. Due to gaining more RP contacts it's gotten to a point where it's no longer feasible for me to simply say "Screw timezones I'm really flexible with my RP schedules, your timezone doesn't matter!". So, I put in an other edit regarding when my available time for playing usually is now. ^_^ 

Your charachter sounds fun! I have a LS and FC full of people who RP who i am sure would love to meet you. If you are intrested to RP with us sometime, let me know!
(You dont have to join the FC btw to RP with us. Just thought i would make that clear xD)

18 hours ago, Masao Aniko said:

Your charachter sounds fun! I have a LS and FC full of people who RP who i am sure would love to meet you. If you are intrested to RP with us sometime, let me know!
(You dont have to join the FC btw to RP with us. Just thought i would make that clear xD)

I'm happy you think so! I'm actually in a very similar situation with an other LS and FC where I'm in their LS but joining the FC isn't mandatory. If I were to join an FC it would probably be them but I'd love to join your LS! ^_^