Seeking active, lore-heavy RP FC for small group new to server.

Heyo! I'll cut to the chase: my friends and I rolled on Balmung when it was open and have finally decided to dip our toes in, so to speak, if we can find a good FC fit. I have searched manually and been told the ones I have found thus far are either "not that active" any longer, are not recruiting, or ended up not being what we were looking for after all. There are a definite four of us, and possibly up to five. We have something of a tall order in mind for an FC, but we also have a lot to bring to the table. 

Here's what we are:  

• Active (mostly in the evening - night EST hours), and willing to dedicate a lot of time and effort to the right fit, including with tanking and healing.
  • Dedicated writers who take the hobby seriously, but on an average day are not serious in the slightest OOC. 
  • A lore-heavy group not adverse to research to see if something is plausible IC before going forward with a character or story line. 
  • People who do not require, expect, or even want our characters to be the paragons of their chosen field(s). We believe a good story should always take precedent over a Who's the Biggest Badass? contest and are prone to self-policing to make sure our characters don't have so many abilities / powers it waters down the significance of other characters in a group.
  • Willing to fill out applications, do interviews, and work our way up through the ranks both from an IC and OOC perspective. 
  • Strongly against IC and OOC bleed, self-inserts, etc. 

Here's what we're looking for: 

• A group that is active! For us, this specifically means that RP is a regular occurrence, and the more organic the better. We are hoping to find an FC where the members are eager to give newcomers the time of day outside of weekly/monthly event nights and include us in their stories. We are willing to work to get there and pay our dues, but we are not looking to be cold-shouldered either, whether intentionally or just for lack of effort on the other parties' end.
  • A lore-heavy group. I know a lot of things in lore are vague or up for interpretation, but I feel like everyone has a good idea of what I'm getting at here. 
  • OOC maturity, compromise, and moderately thick skin. We are not looking for FCs who regularly troll other RPers or shit talk outsiders in FC chat as they're RPing with them. We are likewise not looking for groups prone to making a pastime out of being offended. While we strive to not be assholes and certainly aren't throwing out slurs, we don't want to spend all our time picking eggshells from our feet either. We are not throwing up the "no drama!" flag because arguments happen no matter how close a group is, so instead, we hope to find a group of people capable of arguing, working things out maturely, then building a bridge and getting over it rather than tantrum-throwing and immediately disbanding the guild because of one bad day. 
  • Voice chat must not be a requirement. One of us is mostly deaf and one of us is just shy. 
  • As for themes, we are not set on anything, but we are looking for something more story-driven than taverns, tea houses, and generic merc groups that never leave their house. Taverns that have "a dark side" where that dark side never does anything on screen also fall under this. We have nothing against any of these things, it's just not what we're looking for. 

Our characters are up a bit up in the air for the time being, but will be fully fleshed out (likely including their own wikis) before officially applying anywhere. We are trying to get a feel of what all is out there that would meet our OOC criteria before we decide which way to lean. Theoretically, we're looking at a Roegadyn brawler, a Kha relic hunter, another Kha with an interest in anthropology, and a duskwight leading this little crew.  

Hey there! 

There's definitely a lot of RP going on around Balmung, don't worry. A lot of the FCs get busy enough that they just struggle to find the time to keep an updated RPC listing. In my case, my FC's a fairly new reincarnation, and the old one that's now gone did have a page here, whereas the new one's due to get a page set up this weekend.

Anyway! I have friends from various FCs aside from my own, on my Discord server. Shoot me a message there if you'd like to have a guest invite to the server so you can socialize with us and make some friends, and maybe you'll find an FC fit (doesn't have to be mine - we're happy to have guests from other FCs as long as they seem to want to interact with us and RP together and such).

Just a "teahouse with a dark side," so it seems I've nothing to offer, unfortunately! ;) Lydia's FC are good folks, though! Good luck, and I hope you are all able to find somewhere to call home!

Hey there! Feel free to give the Outriders a look! We're an adventuring free company that goes on weekly monster hunts, and delve into stories both serious and silly. Feel free to message me, or contact our FC leader, N'aomi Kett, at Friend Amanda Alpha Build#7359 on discord when you get the chance. We also sometimes do events for those who aren't members yet, so feel free to just stop in and check us out! You can also message me on discord at DocBlargle#5485

Edited by DocBlargle