Eastern Roegadyn Seeking Connections of All Kinds!

Hey y’all!

New full-time character breaking out onto the scene! I’m hunting for all manner of connections in an effort to build out from my current group- friends, peers, fellow road-warriors, rivals, enemies, and everything in-between. So, who’s the lucky guy?

His name is Shattered Summit, and he’s a Roegadyn Hellsguard of about forty years. He comes from a long and proud family lineage of migrants from Eorzea that, over the centuries, slowly migrated increasingly eastward from Abalathia's Spine, following mountain ranges, before finally ending up in the Tail Mountains at the northern end of the Azim Steppe in Othard. His family lineage has picked up a great deal of Eastern influence along the way as a result, and he himself routinely makes treks down from the mountains to do trade in Reunion. He’s something of a skald as well, as his family lineage has been passed down orally in the form of myths and legends. Above all, his heritage prizes honor and strength, and includes an honor code by which he lives his life. Also, he’s huge. Dotharl for scale.

aeuFiD5.png

Speaking of which, he is nearly always accompanied by a Dotharl woman, Qala Dotharl, who is bound by honor to serve him. The two of them have a rather love-hate relationship (but mostly hate) on the whole, but together, they now travel the continents as freelancers seeking challenging and dangerous foes by which they mean to test themselves. Summit himself hopes to eventually pass on his own myths and legends into the family history, but in the meantime, he passes the slow days by homebrewing cider, lager, beer, and occasionally even sake. Qala, meanwhile, just wants to murder him.

There’s a lot of finer details I’m glazing over here- I wouldn’t want to spoil all of it at once, of course! You’ll just have to meet him yourself to get all the rest of it. 

Last but not least, I tend to run little spontaneous events during RP to try and spice things up if it gets slow. I’ve built a Discord bot from scratch to help streamline conducting events (it has a character sheet database, tracks HP and gil rewards, allows for tanking and healing mechanics, does all the math- the goal was to create a system that’s easy to pick up, even easier to use, but still allows for character depth beyond simple /random). It’s entirely optional, of course, but I’ll be using that for any events I toss around. 

Generally I’m available anywhere from 5:00 - 11:00 PM CST on the weekdays, and all day on the weekends (though weekends tend to be time for other games I admit, but I’ll still be around). I try to keep most of my RP scenes open world so that other people can just wander up- that way, there’s not much of a need to schedule anything (got time? Just show up!). 

If your interest is piqued, just drop me a line here or privately, or hit me up on Discord @ Thunderbolt300#0807. Of course, you can just tap me on Shattered Summit in-game, too! 

XkDIXDX.png

That's pretty awesome that you made your very own custom Discord bot! Sounds like you like a lot of focus on action-packed scenes if you've gone to that effort - or maybe you just like a bit of programming. Impressive, to say the least. I doubt I could make something like that.

Toss me a friend invite on Discord if you want to meet me and some of my other friends - I've been hoping to meet some active new faces lately since a lot of my contacts I'd made during 2017 trickled away to other games and RL (as happens for people sometimes). 

Sure thing! I'll drop you a line here on Discord.

Yes, I admit- I'm a bit of a hobbyist programmer and I really like to have action scenes, so long as they can move relatively quickly and don't boil down characters to pure random. Those two things can be a little mutually exclusive, though, when it comes down to it. Slap those two things together and I ended up putting together a bot to hopefully snatch the best of both!