[Mateus] Shady Ul'dahn family business seeks contacts

Recruitment: OPEN

Hello all! I'm posting here because my FC, Nal Jewelry & Trade is looking for contacts to expand our activities and involve other people in our plots while also dipping our toes in other stories.

Nal Jewelry & Trade is a criminally themed family business based in Ul'dah. After suffering the loss of their head-of-house and enduring through severe debts, the deeply rooted Dunesfolk family found they had little choice but to turn more heavily toward the Ul'dahn underground to turn a steady profit in these unsteady times. Whispered rumors in the streets tell the tale that, under the flag of a legitimate jewelry business, they run a successful illicit operation which includes the smuggling and distribution of drugs and stolen wares.

We're looking for people and FCs to act as competition/opposition, allies to hang out with, and new members!

What we offer as antagonists and allies:

• A mature 18+, lore-abiding community
  • Grounded roleplay (No Mary Sues)
  • An open mind and willingness to participate
  • The willingness to 'lose' for the sake of a story
  • An active group of great writers
  • Regular plots & events that you are free to join in
  • Discord & forum

What we offer to members:

• All of the above plus:
  • Housing; we have 2 estates, 1 large FC estate and 1 small right beside it.
  • Double buffs
  • Access to our IC and OOC in-game channels

If you're new to Mateus, new to FFXIV roleplay altogether or are just thinking about making an alt we'd love to hang out with you! Please contact me here on the forums either by replying to this post or PMing me. Alternatively, you can contact me in-game as 'Kukufeni Yuyufeni'.

If you can, check out our WIP website for rules and other info: https://nalffxiv.weebly.com/rules.html  

Edited by Kukufeni
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Thank you so much for your interest, but <Nal> is now temporarily closed to accepting new applications for membership. We need to give our newbies some time to acclimate into our stories. We'll likely just be taking a couple weeks off, and I'll update this post when we open back up with some snippets of what we've been up to and things that are bound to change.

We are still however looking for other like-minded FCs to cooperate with us in upcoming stories in the meantime!

• 2 weeks later...

Recruitment is open!

<Nal> Jewelry & Trade is once again open for recruitment! So, what has the cartel been up to in this brief time? We've completed four 'job' plots with a fifth on the way, including the continuation of an investigative storyline. The cartel formed a shaky alliance with some Far-Eastern information brokers after an impressively sized meeting. New officers have been appointed and members have advanced within the FC through plot participation, including the promotion of two long-standing captains into the highest seat of authority within the operation. Lastly, we've had daily roleplay encounters amongst ourselves and with other Mateus RPers.

A frequent question we get is 'what are you looking for?' I will try to answer that here: first and foremost, whatever you feel most comfortable writing is going to be the best fit, for you, and for us. That being said, morally grey and opportunistic characters tend to fit in best IC with our crowd. We have a rather diverse set of backgrounds among us, so anyone from a hardened crook to a house servant could fit in with our roleplay. The cartel has a legitimate business front - so even those characters disinterested in crime might be able to find a place.

I want to state again that while we are a lore-abiding FC, new players to Mateus or FFXIV altogether are still welcome. We're here to help!

Edited by Kukufeni