[Mateus] Ready to connect! (an introduction)

Good evening FFXIV RPC!!

New to this game, but I have been quietly absorbing the lore over the last few weeks and feel confident enough to want to make IC contact for the first time. I just joined the FC Casually Pretending and have been tipped off to several community events this weekend that I could attend. While I try to work up the nerve to actually do that, I decided to type up my little character concept that I've been working on. I am hoping someone may reach out via /tell and be interested in helping a newb dip her toes in the waters of the community, as well as maybe being connected with some of the popular linkshells. Most of my roleplaying experience has been from casually playing tabletops, most of which have lacked the right worlds for me to feel connected to.

I am hoping to finally find a creative outlet in this game and this community! 

I. Basic Info

• CharacterNyko Shiyu
  • Race: Miqo'te
  • Clan: Keeper of the Moon
  • Deity: Menphina, the Lover, Goddess of the Moon

II. Background

Settled deep in the darkness of the South Shroud, the Shiyu tribe has remained self-sufficient for over a century, but has fallen on hard times since The Battle of Carteneau. Reluctant to adopt new strategies for surviving the growing dangers, the twin Mothers in charge of the tribe have suffered great losses over the last several years. Nyko, the youngest of six daughters, has lost three sisters and one of her five cousins since the conclusion of Carteneau. Protests from the tribe's third family, primarily a family of gifted gatherers, began when the twin Mothers refused to seek refuge in the city-states, instead opting to recede further into the Black Shroud to a location believed (by them) to be protected by aetheric energy.

While the Shiyu tribe has enjoyed a short couple of years of peaceful relocation, they have suffer a new problem. Stagnation. Unable to maintain the same level of self-sufficiency since losing two-thirds of the tribe, Nyko's mother has charged her with ushering in an age of modernization for the Shiyu tribe. While her sisters and cousins rebuild, she has put down her bow and picked up the katana. Drawn to the ritualism of maintaining and studying the blade, Nyko believes it to be the perfect discipline for her tribe to adopt, able to almost instinctively understand the craft. She currently works under the employment of the Immortal Flames, honing her skills through various mercenary work and sending everything she earns back to her family. Lower ranking members of the Flame may recognize her as a middle-ranking officer, though of almost no significance.

III. Personality

Having witness repeated tragedy within a very small community since she was just a teenager, Nyko has adopted a rather guarded and reserved demeanor most of the time, while at other times can seem emotionally underdevelopment. Though seemingly an introvert and observer, this is often contradicted by childish wonderment and curiosity, as if suddenly adulting became too hard.

IV. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Medium
  • Views on RP combat and injuries: Open to fair combat, details to be discussed beforehand.
  • Views on IC romanceMy character's primary focus is on supporting her family, this doesn't mean I do not or will not consider IC romances, the context would just have to be compelling, and would likely touch are darker themes such as mental health issues.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): Absolutely. Nyko wants to meet everyone. She wants to understand how you all survive so she can safe her family.
  • Views on lore: I am still absorbing the lore, but I typically support tasteful lore-bending, though I try to play it a bit closer to the chest myself.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): I am typically IC in /say and /tell, I haven't joined any linkshells.
  •  

V. Player Info

• Name: Autumn
  • Free Company: Casually Pretending
  • Timezone: PDT
  • Contact info: Discord: MagkAutumn#6635

ffxiv_06202018_234146.png

Edited by Nyko Shiyu