[Mateus] Luna Stirling - Seeking New Friendships and Adventures Among The Stars

1OB9nFjc9hqWDfqp2I5dYW2ftHW9oHyJDdpMVhyP

I. Character Info

• NameLuna Stirling
  • Race: Hyur
  • Birthplace: The Holy See of Ishgard
  • Sexual Orientation: Demisexual
  • PersonalityA rather shy and timid young woman, Luna hides her scarred childhood by being a mute. She harbors incredible social anxiety and often becomes clumsy when around people other than her brother. She feels much more confident while communicating her thoughts and intentions via paper and ink or with Aether. It's fairly easy to see the excitement in her eyes if one starts to poke her more intellectual side. She often loves to admire the stars, most likely due to her studies under Astrology in her childhood. Music is another easy way to her heart, and one that she had held dear to herself during childhood. She would practice and sing despite her parents never paying it much mind or encouraging it.
  • History: Luna is the youngest of two from House Stirling of The Holy See of Ishgard. The Stirling House resided in The Pillars. While they were a minor Noble house, her family had always tried to advance their social status whether it be through  business practices from her father, or monetary donations to the church. It seemed to be her parent's goal to be recognized and accepted within the ranks of the High Noble Houses. She hardly spent time with her mother and father as a result. Her own time was normally spent studying on her own with those at the Atheneum Arcaneum or honing her voice for singing songs she would hear or compose herself. Father was always running around, making sure the supplies were top quality and on time for the Skysteel Manufactory. It was the one ticket to getting in good with the High Houses of Ishgard if there was to be one made in the first place. Her brother, whom was older than her by four years, was not quite as reserved as she was. Their bond was always strong growing up in part due to their parents not being there often. She found the art of hand written letters to be one of the most sincere forms of communication and pursued it when Crowe would venture on business trips with their father.
  • Being a studious young girl, Luna worked hard to impress her parents with her studies and singing. Often time she attempted to show them the fruits of her hard work or a small new step to harnessing the Aether, however most of the time it was met with a simple nod before they went back to work or talking with other nobles. It always felt like daggers in her heart. Crowe, on the other hand, was always receptive to her progress. The older brother was someone she could always confide in and be comforted by, despite his somewhat cold looking exterior. In reality, he was a very collected and caring family member whom she loved dearly.
  • One of the coldest nights in The Pillars marked a dark day for Luna and Crowe. There were no words. No warnings. It simply happened in a blink of an eye. Hooded figures broke in to their home while Luna and Crowe were simply chatting in the study upstairs. The commotion had caused the two siblings to silence themselves. Being curious, Luna began to sneak by the stairs and peer down. Her eyes wide with horror as she couldn't even scream because of what she observed. Her father lay motionless on the ground while she could hear the screams of her mother as she was dragged out with a hooded cloth over her head. Two men continued to search the home downstairs, mentioning to each other than the second story needed to be searched. Crowe quickly came by and snatched Luna away before making an escape from one of the windows that the library had.
  • Life had changed for the two siblings and they decided to stay in The Foundation for a day. One day turned in to a week. A week turned in to a month. A month turned to years. The two matured, hiding and living in The Foundation, always moving to a new inn or shelter, not knowing whom could be trusted. Luna was quite scarred from the situation, refusing to speak and becoming mute to everyone except her brother. While she did verbally communicate with Crowe from time to time, she would never engage in conversation with another person aside from him. Realizing that life wasn't meant to be lived in fear or on the run, the two siblings decided to venture out in the world to discover something better for themselves. With a promise made with a red ribbon tied to their wrists, the two Stirling siblings vowed to come back and uncover the truth of what had happened and why. In the mean while, the world was laid out for them to explore and do as they saw fit. Luna decided to continue her own studies and become a bit of a historian almost. She took interest in studying items that remained intact from The Calamity. Crowe, on the other hand, became a bit of a vigilante and mercenary, but always remained close when Luna requested him to stay away from work or whatever he did outside of her own observations.

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy)Medium I keep in Character when it's time to RP, but I don't typically RP my way through a dungeon run. I would be fine RP'ing something more simple in the world like a Hunt or FATE.
  • Views on RP combat and injuriesI haven't really experienced or tried RP combat and not sure how that would work out. I would prefer minor injuries and nothing too major.
  • Views on IC romance: Romance is not a primary focus that I'm actively looking for with Luna. If something were to develop over a longer period of time, I would play it out according to her character. Keep in mind it would take a lot for her to open up to someone given her history.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc)Luna has a brother named Crowe whom I play as an alternate RP character, but I'd prefer to not have other family ties with another character unless I know and trust the person well.
  • Views on loreI try to keep within the boundaries set up by the world, however my knowledge of the FF14 lore isn't super deep. I'd be happy to try and keep to it as much as possible and learn more though!
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): As long as we're not in a Dungeon/Raid, then I consider /Say and /Party chat to be IC. Linkshells usually have specific purposes, same with Free Company chats so those can vary depending on their purpose.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: EDT -5
  • Contact infoI'm good with messages here or through a Discord connection!
Edited by Paradigm Pixels