Uh, when did Mateus get blocked off to new players?

Drej

I was going to suggest Mateus as a server to play on with a friend who's said he's trying out the game since I've got alts there, but I tried to play around with a new character last night and found it greyed out. 

Does anyone know when or why they blocked off Mateus to new players? It seems like it was done at some point outside of maintenance, but I can't find anyone who knows exactly what happened or when it will be reopened. It doesn't even state whether or not it's a congested world, just that it's closed.

Has Mateus already reached "close down forever" status like Balmung? 

Edited by Drej

To my knowledge, Mateus is in the near closed down stage like Balmung once was. Meaning, you can still create characters there, you just have to try to do so during a none-peak hour time. So, early in the morning such as 4 or 5 AM it'll likely be open.

Someone else did a chart like this in another thread, can't remember where, but the servers seem to go through stages depending on population.

1) Completely open.

2) Only able to create characters during off prime hours. (Early morning/late night)

3) No new character creation but transfers are still a thing.

4) Complete lockdown (Balmung, currently)

Of course, this is coming from someone that hasn't been over to Mateus since right around the massive exodus from Balmung... so I may well be wrong. If nothing else, if you really care to get them there, they should be able to create a character on another server and transfer over. It sucks that that is a costly way to do it... but it is a solution.

Edited by AedanBlacke

Current active Mateus player here.  No, Mateus has not reached "closed indefinitely". It's not listed as Congested. I've never seen it hit congested. They close the server during peak times from Medium-Large servers (ie. Standard Worlds) for server stability. I created a new character rather recently, it does not lock off "new players" only "new characters"; and it is temporary. It closes generally Friday-Sunday from around 2pm PST to around 10pm PST. During the weekdays during non prime time is generally easier to make a character. Semi-related I don't think I've seen a queue either since they added more wards to housing-patch.

As seen here Mateus is listed as a Standard World.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Edited by Fox
  • 9 months later...