[Balmung] Thinking of returning. LF FC

Hey folks.  I've tried reaching out for connections on here before to no avail.  I figure I'll give it one last go.  I love the FFXIV world and have been roleplaying for over two decades.  I really really REALLY want to find a good home that has active roleplay.  Most FCs that I've joined barely roleplay outside of an event every couple weeks and I miss what I used to have.  Years ago I was in several FCs that were active every day.  Where I could log in and 5 out of 7 days of the week there was guaranteed roleplay.

Does this still exist anywhere?  Are their FCs that actually have a daily churn of roleplay?  Is their an FC out there that would like to add someone super dedicated into roleplay into their fold?

I've played good guys, I've played villains.  I've played morally grey criminals.  I've played clan/tribe-centric characters.  At this point I'm pretty willing to find a character that will fit so long as there is a constant roleplay churn that leads to good collaborative story telling and character growth.

Is there a reason for me to come back out there?  Any suggestions, advice, or discussion would be very welcome.  Thank you. 

I can't really say too much about FCs as I haven't really been in any RP FCs. I can say that FCs on Balmung have been super desperate for new members. The server is currently locked to new characters so if you're looking for an FC I guarantee there'll be people that want you. I unfortunately can't say if they'll have the level of activity you're looking for. RP on Balmung has actually started moving away from open world and more into housing, linkshells, and FCs so for all I know that could be where all the activity is right now.

Speaking of activity the game itself is kind of in a lull right now. We're waiting on a new patch in a week so there's plenty of people taking a break just waiting for that to come out. There's also a sizable number of people who have temporarily stopped playing FFXIV so they can play Monster Hunter World and the new World of Warcraft expansion. Things look kinda empty at times but like I said earlier maybe they're all just hanging out in FCs and the like.

Thank you for the response!  I know the game is in a bit of a lull content wise with nothing amazing on the horizon and other stuff releasing now.  And if RP is happening in houses and all I'm totally fine with that so long as it's consistent.  Hopefully someone will see this and be able to point me the right way to something that supplies high activity. :)

As the leader of a very old RP FC, I can tell you that the game is not what it used to be in terms of rp. This isn’t to say that no one rps anymore or that people aren’t interested, but people seem to be a lot more casual and laid back about it. Those who want or need a daily rp fix usually find themselves at the Quicksand and/or have partners that they can schedule regular rp with. For my members, I do have scheduled times set aside for social and more adventure-type shenanigans, but it is up to them to take advantage of it. At this point in the life of the game, I don’t think it’s really fair to expect an FC to provide a constant stream of rp—especially if the majority of its member population is not focused on it 100% of the time. Now, I can only speak to my experience in my own guild, so take this as you will.

I can tell you without a doubt that my RP FC is active, even if rp doesn’t occur every day, and I’m sure there are several more FCs out there in a similar way as mine. I would guess that a lot of it does happen in FC houses, as the previous person mentioned, but I have also seen it out in the over world several times too! It just takes a little more hunting than it used to is all. I wish you luck on your search!

Thank you so much!  Some of what you said there is more or less why I stepped away from the game in the first place.  I helped found one of the biggest and oldest FCs on the server and overtime it went from RP every single day without fail to eventually falling into the rut where people only roleplayed at events.

I left there and did a couple other ventures with friends that started off lively but without new blood slowly withered.

Then I joined a FC that again gave me that daily churn that was absolutely brilliant until drama broke the whole thing apart and the leader shut down the FC.

Ever since I've been poking about trying to find something else, but so much seems so very lifeless now.  I'm sure there HAS to be FCs that are very active with routine roleplay(again, I'm not saying it has to be every single day, but I would like to think that RP can be found more days of than week than not).  I just haven't had much luck finding them.  However, since I have yet to find another game I enjoy roleplaying in these days I'll probably end up back in FFXIV again one way or another.  I just hope I can land somewhere that's as dedicated as I am to storytelling.  ^.^

Well, I've resubbed for better or worse.  I owed someone some roleplay and took the dive.  I'm still totally open to guilds and might make a more detailed write-up at some point for the character that needs a home.  But first and foremost, I just want something active.  Something where people actually want to socialize and RP together.  Not something where people only come together for an event.  If you have something like that, please let me know or talk to me about it!

Discord:  Dryce#0337