Semi-new to RP, want to get into it! [Unicorn/Omega/Exodus/Hyperion]

eksby

Hi there, I'm fairly new to the RP scene! I have characters on Unicorn, Omega, Exodus, and Hyperion. I know of a few RP guilds on Hyperion, but have yet to find any on the other three servers. I'm also a bit unsure on how to start, is it alright to go up to random strangers and talk to them in character? Or is that frowned upon? 

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all, and I hope to see some of you in game!

Plenty of RP to be found on Omega.  If you are going to play on Omega you will want to join the Discord server where most discussions and announcements happen: https://discord.gg/YMTyhFC

Be careful about walking up to random strangers.  It is not frowned upon as such, but it is not always appropriate to do it.

First of all, make sure they are in-character before you start talking IC to them.

Secondly, see if they are engaged in RP where others could concievably walk up to them.   That will often be the case, but sometimes people use open-world locations as a stand in for some other place.

All in all, it is often best to start with an OOC tell to check if it is okay to start RPing.

The exception is when you are at places like an IC tavern or similar, where talking to other people is fairly normal, just like in real world bars.  Going to some tavern event is often a good place to meet people and start RPing. 

• 1 month later...