[Mateus] Velasia is invading!

Tek Vaurik

'Lo there! I'm Tek, but I go by many other names as well. I recently dove into playing FFXIV after noticing I had quite a desire to RP in a game-verse on my hundredth play of Skyrim. Get ready for a stupid long intro post!

Currently, I am trying to secure the funds for the base game with the DLC contents planned for future purchase, so for anywhere from the next few hours to a week I will only be able to join linkshells, etc. etc. Luckily, I'm in no desire to rush content. I would rather settle in and mess about in towns and the likes.

On to the good stuff!

MMORPG BACKGROUND

Really, I have played a lot of MMOs. My big one was Ragnarok, and when my server had been shut down i just started going nuts and installing every MMO ever. Alas, I have mainly played these games solo, with most focus going to the casual chat. So, I know how to play but I'll probably be a bad party member~

RP Experience

I used to say I was really good with RP, and then I created a public RP group on Telegram.

Now I'll say I am moderately good at RP. I often use unconventional OOC tags, as my mind still reads paranthesis as a whisper which is awfully annoying.

To explain the title here is to explain my RP education. For years, I would RP as myself as someone else. (Persona RP) To do this, I would use *action tagging* which is still something I practice to this day as "OOC RP". When I started my group, though, I began using narrative style RP. (Tek leapt up onto the school bench, shouting "Schools out at last!" as the other students scrambled from the buildings.) My group eventually lead to having multitudes of characters, all with their own personalities, and my RP became so involved that I began writing and building a world, nay, a universe on the side. This universe is Velasia. The love of my life, my one true passion, etc. etc.

Character Ideas/Info

My characters in everything I do are now based on those I have written from Velasia. I DO NOT intend on dragging my lore with me everywhere I go, but rather their personalities, and I try to keep their backgrounds similar. I find doing this helps to build on their quirks, which in turn helps my writing.

I am currently on Mateus as Mykyl Kyne, a duskwight, but I am unsure if I wish to continue with this character or reroll with a more active RP story from the get-go. Any advice or comments on my characters is welcome here! Most are intended to be younger when possible, and I am unsure what races would be best suited.

Mykyl Kyne- Abandoned by his junkie mother at 6 years old while camping, Mykyl has lived in the wilds his whole life, forced to learn to fend for and support himself. Mykyl has a tendency to get into the worst situations. Luck is not on this bratty boys side.

Neal Kwhil- With dreams of becoming a bard, Neal ran away from his abusive family at a very young age and survived off the kindness of others. He is in a never-ending battle with a stutter, but seems to easily charm others.

Michi Wymahn- Raised from birth at an orphanage, Michi escaped on his twelfth birthday. He enjoys being mischievous and pulling pranks, but at the same time will go far out of his way to protect someone who has been wronged.

Tek Vaurik- Born into a wealthy established family, Tek was awarded with the highest education that could be offered, and the snobby elite attitude to go with it.

Tempus Finis- Tempus left a caring home at the age of 14 to pursue his dreams of becoming an Adventurer. He will let nothing stand in his way of these dreams, not even a snot nosed brat turning the Adventurers Guild into a tour guide guild.

Nineth Mori- Total junkie, looking for his next fix. Not much more to say, except he probably just OD'd.

Roleplay Style~

Its about time to wrap this up, so...What am I seeking, here?

I think I will likely be more of a light-mid style RP member. I dont like the addition of too much outside stuff, but I dont want to have to rely too heavily on lore. I have bad memory for lore, and am already putting most of my attention towards my own universe.

So...Thats it? Any further questions?

Oh, right!

Long post, obliguatory TL;DR

"hi."

Edited by Tek Vaurik
Server addotion to title