Hall of the Twelve (Open RP)

"The favor I have in mind isn't about me but for the many. In due time I will ask you for this favor and you will not decline, this I am sure of." He reaches over and grabs an apple and tosses it over to Aldeus as the two others walk through the door.

"Why, I am Eadmund Vexyl, the man you will be getting your meals from now on from. I am also now a member of the Knights of Twelve." He gives the two a slightly cocky smile.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking to Isielin 

"Seen better days this place is nice, specially after sleeping on a dirt floor in the arena."

Eagle starts to notice all the surroundings and feels the hanging feeling in the air of unfinished buisness and echoes of what once was a great brotherhood.

"Greetings Eadmund" Eagle said giving a bow, "I am Eagle Windstalker, an honor to meet you." 

Seeing the food Eagle Realized he has not eatan since he left the arena, How many days was that? I have no clue, He shrugged and continued through the doorway.

The idea of sleeping on a dirt floor is not new to Isielin; she often slept under the pines of her native land, with nothing but moss and ferns as her bedding. But... those places held beauty, life... spirits. Here, was dust. She opened her mouth to say something to Eagle, but at that moment her stomach growled loud enough for all to hear. As every eye trained upon her, even Lyander's, she grew still, hoping her dark, copper skin would hide the flush of embarassment she felt.

"I... suppose it is a good thing we have a cook," she said quietly. She turned to Aldeus, desperate to change the subject; "Sir Aldeus, in exchange for your hospitality, I ask permission to begin work on the stables tomorrow. If guests are to start coming here, they will need a place to keep their mounts."

Aldeus lowers down a bit and catches the apple between his chin and breastplate without dropping his tray.  "Well, technically I can't induct you as a member.  I'm only a junior warden.  Only a Templar can administer the vows."

Aldeus turns to Iseilen "Are the stables in disrepair? I haven't been out there in a while. This place is a bit too large for one person. Any repair work you'd like to do would be terrific. Though I'm not really able to offer much in the way of hospitality."

Eadmund begins to turn around in every which direction as if looking for something. "Hmm, I don't see any other Knights and you said it yourself, you're the last one. "He walks over to Aldeus and puts his hand on Aldeus's shoulder. "I do think you have been promoted to the highest rank in the order."

Isielin gives a small pump of her fist;

"You gave me water when I was thirsty, is that not hospitality? I was taught to treat kindness with kindness. It is set then. And I agree with Sir Eadmund; if one is all that remains of their Order, are they not by default the highest rank of that order?"

" Even though I am new here I know how it feels to have so much responsibility when you do not even ask for it but we have to play our roles and you look of someone honorable and that of integrity I think you will wear the mantle well"

Eagle then gives a warriors bow and gesture that shows repect among his people.

Aldeus looks down at his feet and reengages and idea he'd been twisting around in his mind more and more. If any other knights had survived the Battle of Carteneau, they'd be in deriliciton of duty by now. Technically speaking, that would make him a Templar. Not High Templar as filling the position after an unexpected death required a vote by the three lower Templar, but he was at least now Templar of Justice.

Aldeus looks around "I suppose I don't have a choice. You all still have to take the vowes though." Aldeus' stomach rumbles. "Eventually."

"Then... let us break bread as friends, and discuss these vows in the morning. I for one wish only food, sleep, and to never see another grain of sand for as long as I live. To be able to fulfill at least two of these wishes makes me very fortunate indeed, no?"

"Respectfully um I have to ask what vows are you refeering to I am just a passerby and have already taken the vow of the seven."

Eagle then had a flash memory of that day on the highest peak of the mountain with wind so fierce it could break trees

I Eagle accept my destiny to bring peace to the world, my duty to protect others, even if it leads unto my death, May Our Seven Spirits be One.

Eagle snapped out of it with a faint shiver.

"Great, well I am going to head to bed now that this chore is done."

He walks away and out the kitchen. As you all look around you would notice the kitchen looks rather cleaned up a bit more a side from dust and a few things on the ground. A few moments pass and you might hear the door to what might be Aldues's room open and then shut with a lock.

The next morning, Isielin rose early to get a head start on those stables. The bedroll she had put on her chocobo had been kicked to the corner during the night, as the morning sun began to warm the desert up. She fed Sadie, said her morning prayers, and then began inspecting some of the wood.

Rotten. Termite ridden. Unusable.

Normally she would chop and gather the wood herself, but where does one find a large quantity of wood in the middle of a cursed desert? The lumber yards would probably cost double due to the hardships in actually getting the wood here, and judging from some of Aldeus' comments last night, the Knights weren't exactly rolling in coin.

That left only one things: missions.

There were always jobs to be done, for those who would brave them, and Isielin firmly fell in the catergory of 'brave'. She untied Sadie, mounted up, and set off into town to see what work she could find.

Eagle awoke from a dream, a dream he has been having for years always the same...Well sun will be up soon time to use my last supplies to try and make some daggers for my hosts.

After serveral hours Eagle held in his hand 3 daggers one with a picture of a chocobo, one with a knight, and one with a chef hat and knife. 

Eagle decided to leave the knives on the steps with a note

To my hosts and new friends, I have a meeting with an aqquantence in town but afterward we can discuss this oath, It feels like the same as I have done before with the 7. I am currently on my journey to walk the path of the monk as being a pugilist I have spent to much time earning coin and inflicting pain in the arena and lost sight of my destiny and path. So becoming a monk and helping others will help put me on my correct path so I do not break the oath I have already swore.

See You at lunch. I will bring something for Eamund to cook, 

Eagle

Eagle left the note and 3 daggers and left for his meeting.

The youth wasn't dressed impressively. Clothes were in onlya little better state than rags and it had been mended here and there with improvised tool and pins.  A tanned chechewas wrapped around the head to protect from sun, sand, and heat with only two dark red eyes peaking through.  A blackfluffy tail caked in dirt swayed this way and that as they walked down the early morning street. Pausing here and there, the red-eyed teen looked around for discarded items or maybe some water that might have collected in the early morning. It was habit more than anything else; the need to scavenge.

To anyone looking, this was another young boy on the streetdressed in rags. Perhaps a beggar. However, the only thing to offset the impression was the crudely made sword at their side. It had no sheath, but held in place by a leather belt. The metal did not have a finish and looked more like a thrown out slab of metal than a finished product. But there was an a sharp edge that lead to a sharper point and the youth had seen to fashion a handle to the end.

Pausing outside the Hall of the Twelve, the street rat eyedthe building thoughtfully. Rumors had spread about the politics of this place. It was a typical story one heard often. Strange upsets nobles, nobles ruins their life and takes everything from them. 

But it was still here and it had sounded like the man could use a helpinghand. If there was some food and shelter, that was good enough pay for them.

Walking to the two large doors, the street rat placed an earto it and listened. It was still early and no one was awake yet from the sounds of it. Or, if they were, they weren't in the main hall.

'It's not breaking in if the place is open to people,right?' the youth thought to themselves and started to lean into the door. At first it looked comical, someone that small trying to push the grand door open, but it happened. It took some effort and time, but slowly one of the doors started to open with a  deep groan that made the youth'sinwardly cringe. Once inside, they pressed their back to the door and worked on closing it, producing another deep creaking sound from the door.

'Not stealing anything. Not theft if the door is open andthe own wants help, right? Right.'

Not seeing anyone, the red-eyed child moved away from thedoor and sat on the floor; waiting.

((Just gonna npc here a little bit))

A rat scurried across the floor, in a desperate quest for food that never ended. There didn't seem to be any here, but the rat could not find the way out. Halfway across the floor it stopped, and sat on its haunches. It's nose twitched in the direction of the seated Mi'qote, and its thick pink tail thumped against the floor.

Aldeus awoke with a yawn and a strech.  With his own quarters occupied he'd spent the night in the room he'd set up for his chocobo.  Among his many useful skills, Lysander made an outstanding bed and he'd slept wonderfully.  Sunlight shone in from outside and he could see it was a beautiful day.  The previous evening had been quite the coup.  With three new sets of hands to help out, he would finally be able to set himself to the business of rebuilding the order.  Though still unsure of his decision to take on the role of Templar, what was the worst that could happen?

With three new applicants to the order, Aldeus decided it was important to be presentable and put on a better show of things than he had been, and the foundation of confidence was presentability. He crossed the courtyard without running into anyone and made it to the men's bathing room. Along the wall were a series of stone tubs each elevated off the ground to allow a fire to be lit beneath them. There wasn't any wood to light a fire, but a cold bath was better than nothing. He started running the bath water and stripped off his clothes that now smelled strongly of chocobo. When the bath was fully drawn he turned off the faucet and got in. The water was cold, but refreshing. Like going for a swim in a very small lake. He scrubbed himself clean from head to toe, which for an Elezen was a more daunting task than most, then drained the tub while drying. He cleaned under his nails and filed them. Then trimmed his hair and shaved.

With a towel around his waist he poked his head out the door. No one in sight. Perfect. He suddenly realized that if Eadmund was still in his bedroom, he wouldn't be able to get dressed. He felt it was unseemly for a knight to show so much bare flesh to anyone they weren't courting, so he took all the towels he could and wrapped his entire body. To the casual observer he would seem quite mad, but this was the price of honor.

Seeing the rat, the youth slowly reached into a small pouchat their side and pulled out a bit of stale bread.

"No reason for us both to be hungry." the  Mi'qote said, flicking the bread towards therat and watched as it bounced to the side a bit. Leaning forward to  rest their elbows on their knees, watching therat with thoughtful eyes.

The rat nibbled on the bread, holding it tightly between his front paws. Suddenly, the bread dropped, and the rat scurried off at echoing thud from the front of the hall.

Isielin stood over a modest pile of wood, coughing at the resulting plume of dust.

"Pitiful," she muttered. "This is going to take forever at this rat-"

She looked up, noticing the young Mi'qote.

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "Can I help you?"

Standing up, the youth nodded. "Lookin' for work." they said, taking a moment to tighten the cheche at the back to keep it in pace. The voice was soft and muffled from the head gear, but the words were easy enough to make out with an accent that normally came with those that lived on the street.

Using their eyes to indicate that state of the place, the Mi'qote turn their attention back to Isielin. "It needs work." Out of habit, the youth gave Isielin a quick look over for anything that could be stolen or to gauge if they were a "tourist."

A loud yell can be heard from the kitchen from across all of the building, maybe even outside. "Damn you to hell!" Afterwards a pot can be heard thrown against the wall. 

Once anyone gets to the kitchen you would be able to see a dent pot on the floor over by the wall and Eadmund now, furisously, cutting some vegetables on his cutting board and that the kitchen looks absolutely spotless. After a bit of cutting he throws them into a skillet and begins to add some spices, the aroma is heavenly. Eadmund is also no longer in his armor and appears to be wearing a white cloth shirt, cloth pants, and some sandals while wearing an apron.