4.5, Server Guesting and the evolution of the Balmung RP Calendar. 

Erah'sae

So with the changes announced for the end of patch 4.5 where we will be able to visit other servers on the datacenter to partake in their RP events, the Balmung RP Calendar will be going through a bit of an evolutionary change.

For starters, it's going to lose the name 'Balmung' and replace it with FFXIV.

The discord bot will also go through a similar evolution.

Changes will be made to support -all- of Balmung's servers that happen to have roleplay involved.   Schema has been updated, new domains have been acquired, this time we're going to try and serve -everyone-.

While overall there will be the potential to show events from all servers, Calender feeds will exist on both the data center and the server level.

The URL of the static webpage will be changing from www.brp.fyi to to ffxiv-rp.org.  Individual server calendars will move to places like balmung.ffxiv-rp.org, mateus.ffxiv-rp.org, or omega.ffxiv-rp.org.  Datacenter sites will be crystal.ffxiv-rp.org, aether.ffxiv-rp-org and the like.  

The discord bot will also be going through a similar trans-formative state and have the potential to service the game as a whole while letting individual discords filter down to only what they want to see, be it server only, data center only, or maybe cherry pick a few servers of your choosing.

Along with this change, the Venue listing will be making a return.  There  is, technically, one still around if you know where to look, but it hasn’t been updated in years.  More details on that are forthcoming.

We will endeavor to work with existing server calendars and event handling groups to see how we can support the community as a whole.  

I’m looking forward to our changes to spread beyond our home servers in the future.  Assisting in making a larger, more unified RP community is not a bad thing at all.

Now to do this, we'll need some help.  The folks I have currently can only validate things for Balmung (and soon Crystal)  we won't be able to bounce around Aether, Chaos, or Primal with as much ease.  If you're interested, toss me a line and we'll see how we can get you in the loop to help.

Thanks,
Erroch / Erah'sae

Thank you ❤️

You may want to get in touch with Rhys over on Mateus, since she has the largest of the Mateus RP Discord and she the queen when it comes with Discord working. I'm not sure what other leads are out there for the other small rp groups and I'm already sure you had plans too, so I am glad to see this is happening.

Honestly Roleplay to me was never really about server separation or singular server identity over another, but rather roleplayers themselves were one large family, sometimes scattered, but this will give people a chance to truly unite as a Roleplay family and a roleplay community that was and has been envisioned so long ago.