Blue Skies Event: In-Game Beta Weekend Meet N' Greet (temp Gilgamesh, perma Balmung)

I like the idea of leaving it open to the individual, personally. Some people might want to keep it canon for their characters, and that's fine. But, if for example you'd like it to be non-canon for yourself and just have it as a sort of practice run, your character can always be chalked up to just another nameless face in the crowd afterwards. I'd like to think nobody would have any major issue with that.

Assuming you and others in your boat are comfortable with that idea, of course. Above all else I'd rather this event be welcoming to as many people as possible.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To touch up on what Merri said, though (and I hope it's okay), it might be wise to kind of let other people know if you're making it canon or non-canon.

Person A might interact with Person B, but Person A might see it canon, and Person B might not. So at least in the end, at least Person A is aware that Person B won't actually be present in Person A's journal or whatever, because Person B doesn't want it to be canon.

So unfair, they keep having those beta weekends when I'm busy with moving and stuff... :(

Plus, I can't remember my password and they're not even asking for my security key, relying instead on a silly question/answer combination.. and I don't recall which question I picked. And they're not replying to my email after 4 days when they said it was 48 hours...

Squeenix, y u no want me to play?

So unfair, they keep having those beta weekends when I'm busy with moving and stuff... :(

Plus, I can't remember my password and they're not even asking for my security key, relying instead on a silly question/answer combination.. and I don't recall which question I picked. And they're not replying to my email after 4 days when they said it was 48 hours...

Squeenix, y u no want me to play?

Squeenix say: Garlean beastie ate the Mail Moogle. Invest in sticky notes!

Noooooooooooooo, not the mail moogle!

Well, for absolutely no reason at all, my old password suddenly worked. And after typing it in a dozen time I can guarantee I was typing it right every time.

I'm very confused but happy... o_O

Though there is still the issue of me being way too busy to participate for the next two weekends.. y u no beta all week?

Oh well.. have fun without me!

Noooooooooooooo, not the mail moogle!

Well, for absolutely no reason at all, my old password suddenly worked. And after typing it in a dozen time I can guarantee I was typing it right every time.

I'm very confused but happy... o_O

Though there is still the issue of me being way too busy to participate for the next two weekends.. y u no beta all week?

Oh well.. have fun without me!

No reason at all? Are you sure you just didn't want to admit the fact that you had your caps lock on? ;)

And did you also know they'll be transitioning into longer beta test phases later during P3?

To touch up on what Merri said, though (and I hope it's okay), it might be wise to kind of let other people know if you're making it canon or non-canon.

Person A might interact with Person B, but Person A might see it canon, and Person B might not. So at least in the end, at least Person A is aware that Person B won't actually be present in Person A's journal or whatever, because Person B doesn't want it to be canon.

Seconding this very much. As Eva mentioned, time travel is confusing, which means that some characters might be there only not really or not be there when they should be or stupid time skip you are confusing as heck.

At least from a personal perspective, I'm not counting anything prior to phase 4 as canon, and even then I'm dubious until launch. That being said, I'll do my best to attend, since I haven't gotten a chance to practice Rhio's unique brand of obsequious deception in forever.

Ooo, it'll start at 4 AM Sunday where I am. I'll... I'll try to be there.

Also, perhaps a silly question: On a gathering event like this, do each member need to make up various IC excuses to be there? I mean, Myal obviously is not officially invited, because she doesn't even know what the Blue Skies are. Is "oh,I just happened to be here" an acceptable explanation?

I will see if I can make it. However, I have to go to a Liberty Day Festival later in the day so I will only be there for a hour or so.

Since there's really no way Ryanti can be in that location canon-wise yet, it will probably be non-canon, so it'll be a good time for me to get some practice in.

To get to Limsa Lominsa:

Unfortunately one cannot simply walk to Limsa Lominsa from Gridania or Ul'dah. You CAN take the airship there, but you have to both be at least level 15 and have made it to the level 15 portion of the storyline quests. I BELIEVE the correct quest to have finished is "The Envoy." This quest gives you your airship pass.

Alternatively:

If you are unable to complete those prerequisites in time for the event, but would still like to attend, the easiest method is to create a character who's class is marauder. This will start you in Limsa. Don't worry too much about being level 1.

To get to Costa del Sol:

By the pullers' (fishermens') guild in lower Limsa there's a small sailboat with a Lalafell named Rerenasu standing next to it. If you click on them, they'll give you two options of places to go, one is Costa del Sol. Super easy!

If you start at level 1:

I've been informed that you cannot take the ferry I mentioned at level 1, but it's not TOO terribly far a walk to get there. If people need help to get there, we'll walk you guys. You can fin Costa del Sol in Eastern La Noscea!

I will be there with Rhio in her post-Calamity makeover. As this is non-canon, I'm going to wing it as to why she's there.

Seeing as Rhio is known for being vague and duplicitous, this may actually work out better anyway.

Getting to Costa del Sol UPDATE:

I've been informed that you cannot take the ferry I mentioned at level 1, but it's not TOO terribly far a walk to get there. If people need help to get there, we'll walk you guys. You can fin Costa del Sol in Eastern La Noscea!

Getting to Costa del Sol UPDATE:

You can't take the boat right at level 1 if you do all the running around quests in Limsa (Maybe 15 to 20 minutes) you can get on the boat.

Wanted to get a reply in here since I had to drop out early.

This event was fantastic. I want to thank Xenedra and Endemerrin especially. The turnout was massive and despite a huge crowd, these two managed to get around, and talk to almost everyone I saw. If the amount of effort and warmth from this event is a staple of this server I am sold.

Seriously. Thank you two, and thank everyone else that attended. Ya'll rock.

(This is Rendal, in case anyone was wonderinng. :P)

I'd like to reiterate CallmeYahweh - even though I got there late (mix up night shift at work) I still had a great time meeting everyone who was left! Sorry for totally bombarding you like that Rendal when I walked in at the camp - you were the first one I saw~ Had a wonderful time though, hope I can make it earlier if there's a next time!

I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself, Rendal! And I'm sorry we only had that brief chance to actually chat~

Thank you to everyone who came out to make this event a great success! I had an incredible amount of fun, and I really hope everyone else did as well. Going with the success of this event, we're planning on hosting yet another event next beta weekend, so you can all look forward to that! We're hoping to build off this event to make the next one even better.

And lastly, I thought I'd drop some screenshots here that I took of the event on this in the spoiler below~

SmYtvtO.jpgYZD1ADe.jpg1DW7LRz.jpgwATkTf8.jpgJBDNNKV.jpgoH4VxsJ.jpgbbeeqYR.jpgKq1OiIQ.jpgWPgTo2T.jpgqhb22Vl.jpgaSv5l4R.jpghAWCE3k.jpg5pwup04.jpgq89FXNv.jpgk3BaMS8.jpg8CStCy6.jpgX3sEoKU.jpgb3tZHev.jpgRcd1Leb.jpgctHpdg3.jpgvCRCscj.jpgG7g1t49.jpg

We hope to see the lot of you next week! And to anyone who couldn't make it, we hope to see you as well!