Can Tia enter into romantic relationships with other Tia? What would happen to a child born of this kind of relationship?

So I've had a few questions about Seeker lore and was wondering if anybody could help me out here. I've scoured most sources I know about and all of them come up empty on these.

1. Do Tia Seekers enter into romantic/sexual relationships with other Tia, or are they a strictly platonic species?

2. If they can enter into these relationships, has a Tia ever sired a child before?

3. If so, what would happen to said child? How would the tribe treat the child and its parents?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, CarpeNoctum said:

So I've had a few questions about Seeker lore and was wondering if anybody could help me out here. I've scoured most sources I know about and all of them come up empty on these.

Have you tried Sounsyy's lore compilations? I don't mean to sound curt, but there are multiple threads on this very topic between the RPC and tumblr.

Sounsyy's compilations:

Miqo’te Lore

Seekers of the Sun Tribe Lore

Some RPC threads of similar nature (disclaimer: some of these are quite old and may not have actual sources. Sounsyy's posts are backed by in-game, lore books, and developer lore interviews/panels) :

1. Do Tia Seekers enter into romantic/sexual relationships with other Tia, or are they a strictly platonic species?

Tia refers to a non-breading male of a Seekers of the Sun Miqo'te tribe, as opposed a Nunh, who is a male that the tribe accepts as a breading male. Depending on the size of the tribe, there can be (and probably is) more than one Nunh. See the M tribe as an example in-game. Do note though, that the Nunh is typically not a leader of the tribe. FFXIV's own tribal examples here have both been exceptions, between the U tribe and the M tribe. Something that gets asked almost every lore panel and live letter. That said, a Tia/Tia relationship could never yield a child due to erm...physical limitations.

2. If they can enter into these relationships, has a Tia ever sired a child before?

It's probably happened. And it probably happens to some extent. 

3. If so, what would happen to said child? How would the tribe treat the child and its parents?

Thanks in advance!

Most likely, the Tia, the mother, and the child[ren] would be kicked from the tribe. Or the Tia would be at least, while the mother and child endure any amount of scorn for the action. Whether this means they form their own subsect of a tribe, leave the tribe to move to a city, or something else is more open. One can make the assumption that there's probably some tribe out there that deems illegitimate children as something to be removed or "lesser" than a Nunh's child. On the extreme, I'm sure there's been a case where they've been killed, but for a race option that the game claims is extremely rare, we're likely to never see this.