Spoiler Policy - Patch 4.5 Content Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Seeker

Siren? Faerie? Others?

Hi!  I'm relatively new to the game--only a few months, no capped characters yet--and looking for an RP server match.  Balmung was inaccessible last I checked, Mateus is too big, and I really don't feel quite at home on Jenova.  (I say this so as to streamline things a bit.)

I've learned that rolling a toon and wandering on RP servers doesn't tell you a lot about the community, so I thought to ask: How are Siren and Faerie, and other servers I didn't name because I don't know about their communities?  Would a character who wants to explore and educate be welcomed?  Is there room/a need for a Free Company of the same bent on any of those servers (similarly, are there such FCs already there)?

All I know is if you roll on Siren/Faerie, you'll but cut off from the other RP servers such as Mateus and Balmung when the split happens. If that doesn't matter to you, I hear both as just fine servers.

fmjb2vu3izy11.png

I'm curious, what do you mean by 'Mateus is too big'? Are you looking for a smaller, closer-knit community? If so, I think Coeurl might serve you well!

From what i've heard it's pretty hard to create characters on Mateus, it's in a perpetual state of temporary creation locks with very small windows of opportunities like Balmung used to be before being changed to congested and walled off.

But do not fret, a little after the datacenter split happens, the world visit feature will be implemented and will allow to jump between servers of the same DC. The Crystal DC will probably turn into the unofficial RP DC.