[NA] RP Server to join that isn't Balmung or Mateus?

I know these are the big NA servers, but lately it's been impossible to get on Mateus, so I'm wondering if there happens to be an alternate server.

I'm sure hoping for some open-world RP'ers is a bit of a stretch, but can it be found elsewhere?

Edited by Completion

I'd check on Faerie, Hyperion, Jenova, and Siren. 

I know of RPers on each of those, although they're not going to have that sort of server-wide feeling like Balmung or Mateus. 

Currently, we're seeing similar closing on Mateus that Balmung had, where the active population's hitting soft lock thresholds. You might be able to squeeze a character on at an odd time of the day, or by paid transfer. (If you go the latter route, you can transfer up to 8 characters from one server to another, as long as they're all coming from the same place and going to the same place).

Another thing to keep in mind is that the World Visit system will be getting turned on sometime in the next few months while we're still in the patch 4.5X series. There's a good chance we'll all get a server transfer opportunity, but otherwise, knowing which servers will be grouped up after the reorganization can probably help you find one you'd like as well. (In which case, you may like a server that will be able to visit Balmung and Mateus later.)

(NOTE: typo was on SE's part)

image.png

4 hours ago, Unnamed Mercenary said:

I'd check on Faerie, Hyperion, Jenova, and Siren. 

I know of RPers on each of those, although they're not going to have that sort of server-wide feeling like Balmung or Mateus. 

Currently, we're seeing similar closing on Mateus that Balmung had, where the active population's hitting soft lock thresholds. You might be able to squeeze a character on at an odd time of the day, or by paid transfer. (If you go the latter route, you can transfer up to 8 characters from one server to another, as long as they're all coming from the same place and going to the same place).

Another thing to keep in mind is that the World Visit system will be getting turned on sometime in the next few months while we're still in the patch 4.5X series. There's a good chance we'll all get a server transfer opportunity, but otherwise, knowing which servers will be grouped up after the reorganization can probably help you find one you'd like as well. (In which case, you may like a server that will be able to visit Balmung and Mateus later.)

(NOTE: typo was on SE's part)

image.png

Oh ty! ^^

Yeah, the data center changes have me a little stuck as well. I wonder what's gonna happen to RP scenes on other servers once that all goes down?

1 hour ago, Completion said:

Oh ty! ^^

Yeah, the data center changes have me a little stuck as well. I wonder what's gonna happen to RP scenes on other servers once that all goes down?

Among the groups I see, I've heard some people saying they'd like t o improve what will be "Aether DC RP" as people don't want to have to choose between their raiding friends on servers like Gilgamesh and RP. I know of a few people I may not have a lot of contact with after the reorganization as they'll be on Aether (or will transfer to stay with a static) while I'm gonna be on Crystal because the FC I'm in has no plans to relocate for any reason.

At the same time, my general expectation is that we'll see a lot of world visits between Balmung and Mateus as people can easily go to one or the other to access events or hang out with friends. Or we may see RPers buying houses on smaller population servers where housing's more available. (Which may not go over so well, but we'll see!)