Looking for a darker heavy rp guild who seeks revenge against Bahamut/Garleans

@Uther/Dogberry

Enough, both of you.

====

I'll also second the Misericorde recommendation. While they are not really into the whole "revenge against Bahamut/Garleans" theme, they do take a stance against any current and future forces that threaten the realm.

EDIT: And they are taking a more "realistic" approach to the Final Fantasy XIV universe. Less emphasis on magic and more on technology, etc.

Fair enough. As much as I hate being treated like a child, I can admit that in this case I was acting like one.

====

Accurate.

And about the EDIT: From what I've seen, and I haven't known the group very long, they like to have things make sense. "A wizard did it" isn't good enough for them, which I like. It is far more technology based than magic based, but magic isn't entirely absent I don't think.

For where it counts though, Misericorde is about explaining the unexplained and exploring the unexplored. The threat of Bahamut isn't at the forefront, but I would say it is definitely in the back of their minds at all times. 

Other than that, it's a very gritty, dirty, and realistic linkshell and I recommend checking it out.

If there is already one out there please contact me. Contact me if there is one being made. I'm very, very interested in this.

First, I want to thank the various recommendations coming from a number of voices in here. You make my blackened, armored heart flutter. Really, and truly. Well, shudder. It's more of an engine than a heart. Whatever, don't bind me with your labels.

Anyway, let's get the realness in here:

1. Revenge on Bahamut isn't something that we're totally, and fully focussed on. That being said, Isaac isn't about to let the big lizard slide. He's just not the only fish in the angry tempest sea, know what I mean?

2. We are dark, but not like..."dark". The way I've been putting it is this: We stick to an honesty of circumstance that isn't necessarily present in a lot of lighter fare. We're dirty. We're hungry. And it gets really, really messy over here.

3. Uther's right in that magic isn't entirely absent. But it's weird, borderline heretical magic.

4. You should talk to me further. I'll throw you a PM.

If you kill my family using a meteor spitting dragon, you better believe I'm going to come after you.

I'd think that some characters (mine, for example) would be to overwhelmed to come after such a force with that type of vengeance. It's like going against a volcano for erupting and causing your village to be wipe out. Ernest is just like this about it: :dazed:

And to further praise Misericorde (since this is what this thread is now :P) Bahamut is (or can be) relevant to the main concept from what I understand. They'd seek to go after it by understanding exactly what has happened, how, and what can be done to prevent it while taking out all the misconception/superstition out of it. Hope that makes sense :) The theme is a little complex, but that's why I personally like it.

They'd seek to go after it by understanding exactly what has happened, how, and what can be done to prevent it while taking out all the misconception/superstition out of it. Hope that makes sense :) The theme is a little complex, but that's why I personally like it.

^ What that dude said.

If you kill my family using a meteor spitting dragon, you better believe I'm going to come after you.

I'd think that some characters (mine, for example) would be to overwhelmed to come after such a force with that type of vengeance. It's like going against a volcano for erupting and causing your village to be wipe out. Ernest is just like this about it: :dazed:

It's not at all like going against a volcano for erupting and destroying my village for a number of reasons. (1) Volcanoes don't have wings or the ability to fly away. (2) You can kill a dragon, but not a lava spewing mountain. (3) Anybody that has the will power to take down such a force might think anything else a minor inconvenience on their way to the main objective.

It's not at all like going against a volcano for erupting and destroying my village for a number of reasons. (1) Volcanoes don't have wings or the ability to fly away. (2) You can kill a dragon, but not a lava spewing mountain. (3) Anybody that has the will power to take down such a force might think anything else a minor inconvenience on their way to the main objective.

I think what he's getting at is that Bahamut is powerful enough to be considered a force of nature. It's a dragon the size of a city-state that destroyed the world in a little over two minutes. It also disappeared in a flash of light five years ago as soon as it arrived. Most would consider that more similar to a hurricane or a typhoon than an actual enemy. Granted some characters would have the ambition to ask the big questions (Misericorde) or hunt it down for vengeance (possibly you, or Dogberry, or Rock), but I don't see it being a common quest for the random townspeople of whatever-the-hell, if that makes sense. As for my character, Uther is a trained and tried dragoon and he'll definitely take a swing at Big B if he gets the chance, but he's more occupied with helping the world rebuild itself and asking/answering questions about Bahamut before blindly chasing him to the ends of the Hydaelyn. Hope that clarifies.

I think what he's getting at is that Bahamut is powerful enough to be considered a force of nature. It's a dragon the size of a city-state that destroyed the world in a little over two minutes. It also disappeared in a flash of light five years ago as soon as it arrived. Most would consider that more similar to a hurricane or a typhoon than an actual enemy. Granted some characters would have the ambition to ask the big questions (Misericorde) or hunt it down for vengeance (possibly you, or Dogberry, or Rock), but I don't see it being a common quest for the random townspeople of whatever-the-hell, if that makes sense. As for my character, Uther is a trained and tried dragoon and he'll definitely take a swing at Big B if he gets the chance, but he's more occupied with helping the world rebuild itself and asking/answering questions about Bahamut before blindly chasing him to the ends of the Hydaelyn. Hope that clarifies.

The idea of hunting down Bahamut is always going to be the ultimate goal, but not in the sense I would do it blindly. I watched the trailers. I saw the ginormous size of that monstrosity as it unleashed its fury. Lord help the fool who puts it in his mind he can do it by himself. I was simply implying where there's a will, there will always be a way and a probability of success in doing so regardless of how or the length of time. But in the mean time, I am on the same wave length you are in terms of focusing on helping the world to rebuild itself while taking care of the minor nuisances of the other forces that plague the lands. My toon might consider something like that to be along the lines of "This? This is just me testing all the different ways I plan to stick my lancer into that God forsaken beast's heart when I face him. What do you think of this method?" *Garlean squealing echos loudly around the area*

Pretty much what Uther said. It would seem to grand to even consider killing. My character wouldn't have the ego to think he could slay something like that. It came from a moon and destroyed the world as he knew it. Even the Garleans couldn't do much about it. Ernest has some foul words to say about the beast, but at the same time he knows he is just a man and if he sees that thing again, he isn't sticking around to try to destroy it... unless there was some other means besides direct combat to subdue / seal it away somewhere.

But this is offtopic now, anyway. Arg.

:evil:

Pretty much what Uther said. It would seem to grand to even consider killing. My character wouldn't have the ego to think he could slay something like that. It came from a moon and destroyed the world as he knew it. Even the Garleans couldn't do much about it. Ernest has some foul words to say about the beast, but at the same time he knows he is just a man and if he sees that thing again, he isn't sticking around to try to destroy it... unless there was some other means besides direct combat to subdue / seal it away somewhere.

But this is offtopic now, anyway. Arg.

:evil:

Yet somehow the world lives on or there wouldn't be an ARR. It's not about ego. But nobody is blaming you for not wanting to take up the challenge. I'd rather die with a band of people who would rather not live in fear for the rest of their life than sit in my hovel wondering if or when he'll ever strike again.

Razamir and I have been talking about doing a group dealing with those ideals and themes. We enjoy playing villains too. Rhynka and Razamir are more the neutral types so to them vengeance isn't all a good idea. Both of us have been trying to gather as much information as possible to get something like what Rock mentioned going. But baby business has surprised us and may consume most of our time as I get further along in the pregnancy.

Things are kind of up in the air with this at the moment because we don't want to start something and have to abandon it in 7 or so months, we'd need a reliable IC AND OoC leader to take the reigns if needed. I'm probably going to be very casual playing for a while when things get further along. (I've been told I need bed rest today at the doctors ;.; ) I'll be sure to let any who are interested know if this is an idea we can in fact do and not half ass because of IRL circumstances!

But baby business has surprised us and may consume most of our time as I get further along in the pregnancy.

:surprise::moogle: Congrats! When did you find out? :thumbsup:

We've known since the end of last month but the doctor stuff hasn't started till this week. I have two more appointments over the next two weeks >.<, hence the bed rest and so on.

Razamir and myself both thank you for the congrats! :love:

I'm looking for a group that's more gritty. Not evil per se but definitely not able to get over the events that led into the Calamity, and a group that is serious what it does, so I would say a group of vigilantes more than anything. Perhaps a situation no different to how people started to sign up for the military after 911.

I'll say this I do appreciate the conversation this started. I honestly wondered why there weren't any indicators of characters who were just pissed the hell off because of what happens so I'm glad there I'm not the only one expressing interest in this.

Last I will go into the -why- of this character both IC and OOC

For most the situation is that they lost family,friends, loved ones, etc in the Calamity. I'm sure many are still reeling from their losses (though the game doesn't seem that way but who knows perhaps it will be introduced in the later levels of story).

For Reese he lost the most important person of all, himself. Due to the attack he was comatose for a very long period of time. He also awoke with amnesia-(A typical FF affliction, yes I did this on purpose for this exact reason). So for him he is dead and might as well be physically, he awoke to a world he does not remember, people he doesn't remember and worst of all a woman he does not remember. His presence around her not remembering anything about her (I leave this open for a possible ic storyline set up between me and someone I meet in the game) only drew her to more sadness and despair so he just left, because he felt like to her he was just some horrible reminder, a ghost of the past unable to give her back the man she knew. He had been wandering for some time until the present day that the game starts.

He is pissed, maybe not outright all the time (try as he might Reese is a good guy and a big teddybear at heart) but he will do everything in his power to prevent the Calamity from happening again. 

Now my OOC reason 

I wanted to make a character that had a storyline explaining why he didn't know anyone from 1.0. I wanted to say that he was around but can't remember any of it due to myself not playing 1.0. Now because I was going onto a server with an established community already I wanted to have an ic reason on why he may have known some of the old community already. To establish a situation where people may have recognized him as an old friend who doesn't remember them at all and barely remembers himself. Giving a reason for him to have "legacy friends" who knew him during 1.0 with a viable story opening on how and why. Why? Well to try a fresh approach to becoming part of the old community while also of course still meeting the new community at the same time, who is getting to know the character for the first time. A character who is getting to know himself. Will this work out? Who knows, I don't plan everything. Will he turn out to be a suicidal revenge driven warrior who ends up throwing himself at Bahamut if it ever reappears? Or will he be willing to live out a different kind of life and have a renewed interest casting aside his feelings of anger while realizing that while he may not remember anything he is not dead. Well that depends on his interactions with the community. Again I leave these thngs open and let the character build himself after I put in the opening summary. I look forward to it. The story of this character allows plenty of room to be written along with you guys as I just want to entertain everyone and provide a great story for the world.

Thanks for the responses so far I'm once again happy to have sparked this type of conversation.

I'm still working out the details, but if you're interested the idea behind my Linkshell (Black Sun Alliance) is that they are the vagabond and ragtag heroes new and old that feel that the way the Eorzean Alliance handled the situation was a bit too soft handed. They're primarily people who lost family, friends, and loved ones both when the Garlean Empire conquered Ala Mhigo, as well as during the Battle of Carteneau. Not everyone is seeking revenge, but they all believe in a more heavy handed form of justice.

This is perfect, I read the information its exactly what i'm looking for!