Sign in to follow this  
Noctua

New to Roleplay and the Final Fantasy universe

Hello!

I'm Noctua and I'm quite new to this forum I've been lurking here and read some posts for a week now and I finally decided to create an account!

I just wanted so ask some small questions that I'm not sure about first.

I am not ready for doing any roleplay right now, I would like to get a decent outfit first and learn a bit more about the lore, I already got a really rough Idea for my Character's personality and backstory and I'll continue to think about all that while doing these things.

• My first interrogation is that I'm playing on Brynhildr from the Crystal server group and I'm wondering if there is some other people who roleplay there or used to.

• My second question is, How does it work? What I mean by that is how does the interaction between players goes? I tried searching it up but didn't quite find the stuff I wanted, I'd like to know so when I'm ready to jump in I would know what to do, Haha.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to asnwer me! I really hope that I can make some friends to roleplay with here!

-Noctua

Welcome to the RPC!

I can't answer for what concerns the RP activity on Brynhildr, but with the new World Visit system you'd have no problem to find people to RP about since you're basically in the NA RP datacenter, especially on Balmung and Mateus servers. ;)

As for your second point, it is pretty much a real-time interaction between the people involved using the channels /say and /em (custom emotes) to write down what a character says or does. I've actually written a small guide here:

It can all sound more complicated than it is, when explained like this. One thing you could do is visit either Balmung or Mateus (merely because bigger numbers means it's easier to find people out and about) and look for people RPing and observe how they go about it to have a better first hand impression of things. Or ask if someone more experienced would be willing to show you the ropes ingame with a little mock-up RP session, if you want to try your hand in a more controlled and less stressful environment than jumping into RP with a crowd around. ^^

Hello UnidessGaming!

Thank you for your anwser!

I completely didn't see your guide when going around the forum, Haha I'ma take a good look at it!

as for the Server visiting system would I need to pay something to have access to this feature or is it already available to me? (I have the base game with no extensions for now)

-Noctua

1 hour ago, Noctua said:

Hello UnidessGaming!

Thank you for your anwser!

I completely didn't see your guide when going around the forum, Haha I'ma take a good look at it!

I'll ask for it to be pinned, might have fallen a bit low on the topics list xD

1 hour ago, Noctua said:

as for the Server visiting system would I need to pay something to have access to this feature or is it already available to me? (I have the base game with no extensions for now)

-Noctua

Already available! You just need to use the main Aetheryte in any of the main cities and select "Visit Another World Server", and select the server you wish to go to. Depending on how much crowded is the target server it might need a couple minutes before actually transferring you, but other than that, it's really simple! ;)

Marvelous! Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

I hope that we could see eachothers on the game one day!

-Noctua

Hopefully they'll really manage to tear down the coss-datacenter barriers, so we'll be able to visit anywhere without making at least one alt per data center! xD

Welcome to the FFXIV RP community Noctua! ^_^ I'm in the same boat as you at the moment in that I've been trying to learn about the lore and get some outfits together for characters. I've also been playing through the main quest and leveling to open up the game world. The more RP location options the better!

@UnidessGaming Thanks for making that guide! I also share in your hope that they can remove the server barriers, things would open up in a big way for everyone.

Haha, Same!

I got an outfit I like, now I'll spend some time leveling up!