New to the RP Scene - LGBT Character

So, the character I play in game has had a good amount of idle character development, however, because I'm new to actual roleplay (and my datacenter isn't centered on that at all. I'd go to crystal but i have a house here on aether) I wouldn't know how to go about correcting character pronouns. 

I play a Dunesfolk lalafell who's transgender, masc-leaning nonbinary specifically, but his/their name is very femenine heavy, with only slight variation from canon conventions. Often he's mistaken as female as a result, and it's very awkward having to explain my character isn't a chick. Is there any IC way I could possibly make it less awkward to explain? 

If it's random people I just have my character correct them casually, like it's part of the convo.  If you have any regular rp partners, it helps having them reinforcing who the character is when others are around.  Sadly some rpers are aware and others it just goes over their heads.

I'd suggest maybe putting the characters pronouns in your Search Info thingy where you can edit your icon above your head. 
Unfortunately those sorts of things can become difficult, perhaps even have your character have a sort of reaction to those people when they mistake themselves? Like "hello My name is this. don't let my name fool you! I'm actually blabla" if that fits them

7 hours ago, Kheda'a said:

I'd suggest maybe putting the characters pronouns in your Search Info thingy where you can edit your icon above your head. 
Unfortunately those sorts of things can become difficult, perhaps even have your character have a sort of reaction to those people when they mistake themselves? Like "hello My name is this. don't let my name fool you! I'm actually blabla" if that fits them

I do have my character's pronouns int he search info (even my own :") ) people still call me a she, along with my character unfortunately. I'll probably work out a way to get my soft spoken character to ct people,,,,

1 minute ago, sp0chi said:

I do have my character's pronouns int he search info (even my own :") ) people still call me a she, along with my character unfortunately. I'll probably work out a way to get my soft spoken character to ct people,,,,

Oh no! I wish you luck in that case, just like irl the situation is shitty >.>

Welcome! Unfortunately it can be difficult to tell the intended gender on Lalafells in general unless they're leaning hard into presenting either masculine or feminine. Putting the pronouns in your search info is good, but often people don't tend to peek at that right away. My suggestion would be to establish your character's pronouns in your initial post of the RP as well as anytime someone new enters the RP. Just something small, "He smiles," "They wave to the newcomer," etc. You can try to work in reasons to use your character's pronouns repeatedly if it seems like others are glossing over them. Unless you want to change your character's name and appearance to lean more masculine, there will probably still be the occasional confusion and I don't think there's anyway around it beyond correcting people either IC or OOC as appropriate, and there's nothing wrong with doing that though I understand it is awkward and inconvenient :<