New to FFXIV RP, couple characters in mind, thoughts?

Hello all, I'm new and trying to get into the RP and would like some help deciding on a character. (if you would like to see my introduction, you can find that here)

First, (most likely) is Immanis Bellator, a Roegadyn (Sea Wolves) that focuses on martial prowess, smiting, and making an honest income with the metal wares he crafts, yet not afraid to get his hands in the thick of it if needed. Be it making axes or swing them. He does what he must to help his business, his friends, and the world that they live in. 

The second Idea is Grey Ezra, an Elezen. (Wild Wood) that is more magically inclined,  focusing on the magic and mysteries the world has to offer, an intellectual fellow that does what it takes to crack the case and has a confidence in those fields. This, dabbed with curiosity, found him partaking in a variety of magic jobs, along with some gaudy ones, like goldsmith and weaver.

I heard its hard to get some of those magic classes (IE. black mage, white mage, red mage?) and eventually would like to dabble in them for Grey Ezra. But as far as Immanis, he would be more monk and warrior, maybe other disciple of war class pending on what happens. I just want to get peoples thoughts on them before I go and commit to something and then it turns out to not be reasonable to just 'pick up' some of these skills.

Thank you in advance for all the help.